SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

More of a struggle than I thought it would be, but a reasonably solid effort tonight.  Softie by zane that he'd like to get back, but the boys kept up the intensity in OT and made it happen.  Good finish.  This will make for an interesting game if these two meet in Minneapolis.

More of a struggle than I thought it would be, but a reasonably solid effort tonight. Softie by zane that he'd like to get back, but the boys kept up the intensity in OT and made it happen. Good finish. This will make for an interesting game if these two meet in Minneapolis.

Or the NCAA Tourney.

Really liked both games the Sioux played this weekend for the most part really creating a lot of great chances just not finishing on enough of them. Massa was great all weekend and the biggest reason we didn't get a sweep out of this weekend. Not one of Zane's better weekends but he has been great all year and bailed the team out at times so hard to put too much blame on him. Not sure if it was the change in defensive pairings or what but looked like there were some odd miscommunications between the defensemen that led to opportunities for UNO including their first goal where Schmaltz had jumped up in the play but it looked like Thompson didn't know as he was still playing just the one side of the ice. Really liked what a lot of guys brought tonight but one particular player who looked real good tonight was Nick Schmaltz and I hope to see him back playing with some finishers for the Denver series. Good time for a week off to reset and get healed up a little before Denver comes to town.

So Goofer fans will be VERY quick to point out that it is actually a tie then.

Hopefully not too quick as they still lose a pt in the conference that Mich has a very comfortable lead in.

Just sucks that their conf is so crappy that they have a pretty easy way into the tourney regardless of how horrible they are.  

If the PWR is accurate, we saw two Frozen Four caliber teams go wire to wire with each other.  Very entertaining hockey.  Refs more involved in outcomes than I'd like, but you have to play through that.  Liked the character this weekend- battling back last night, finishing it tonight.

I thought 8 looked like he had way more jump tonight. Great weekend for the Gaarder line. Stetcher is our best d. and I don't think it's close. Aggressive pinching by 24 kept a lot of plays alive, did cost us on the first uno goal. 2 great games. I think we out played em both nights.

Just sucks that their conf is so crappy that they have a pretty easy way into the tourney regardless of how horrible they are.

Not really. Barring a miracle, they're looking at having to win 3 games in 3 days to get that auto-bid. That's a tall order.

Not really. Barring a miracle, they're looking at having to win 3 games in 3 days to get that auto-bid. That's a tall order.

Yeah I guess...just don't see anyone but Mich beating em.  But then again they've lose to crappier teams including Wisco already and what should have been another loss to em tonight.