SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. CC

AZSIOUX

UND swept Niagara this last weekend while CC split with UNO in the springs. UND swept CC 3-1, 7-2 in October.

UND (4th in pairwise//3rd NCHC 22 points)

16-5-2

7-4-1-0 NCHC

SIOUX STATS

http://www.uscho.com/stats/team/north-dakota/mens-hockey/2014-2015/

CC (41st pairwise//last place NCHC 4 points)

5-14-1

1-9-1-0 NCHC

TIGERS INFO

http://www.uscho.com/team/colorado-college/mens-hockey/

Well, after the debacle against Bemidji St at home, near loss/miracle win vs AF, and poor start/early 3-0 deficit vs Lake Superior St in Fri game the Sioux have no reason in hell to look past anyone. If anyone's learned their lesson it has to be the UND hockey team. And if they ain't learned their lesson yet, bad on them.

Well, after the debacle against Bemidji St at home, near loss/miracle win vs AF, and poor start/early 3-0 deficit vs Lake Superior St in Fri game the Sioux have no reason in hell to look past anyone. If anyone's learned their lesson it has to be the UND hockey team. And if they ain't learned their lesson yet, bad on them.

Behold...the power of positive thinking!

• Upvote 2

CC stealing points from a good UNO team has me a little concerned. Strong starts are a must - don't let them believe they can pull off an upset!

CC must be playing much better, did anybody notice in the game that they lost 4-1 to OMAHA they only gave up 14 shots,  3 in the 1st, 5 in the 2nd and 6 in the 3rd. That's impressive.

I vote both.

All hale Enerld Jokerr

Inn emerakd joket we tristt

Debating on whether to start a gameday thread

Will wait for a decison

Stay posted

Maybe you can both start your own game threads? 

Emerald joker can start one for the folks who can spell and gfhookey cann strt won four folks who lik to tri to decypher what hez sayng.

So after watching the NU series...3 of the 4 lines looked really good or decent playing 5x5 except for the line of Pattyn, LJ and Murphy.  Does Hak stick with that line vs. CC Friday?  Does Simonson finally get ice time he deserves IMO? My guees is we see Poolman at F for the seeable future.  Panz was too good this past weekend and #2 should be back soon as well.

So after watching the NU series...3 of the 4 lines looked really good or decent playing 5x5 except for the line of Pattyn, LJ and Murphy.  Does Hak stick with that line vs. CC Friday?  Does Simonson finally get ice time he deserves IMO? My guees is we see Poolman at F for the seeable future.  Panz was too good this past weekend and #2 should be back soon as well.

Not sure Murphy is coming out of the lineup soon. Had a good weekend against Niagara and it looks like Hak really wants him to get going.

I think Pooly stays at F four sure, especially when Stecher gets back. That way we don't have to figure out two defensemen sitting. Panz and Mattson are the odd men out and both would likely be if Poolman moves back.

When Stecher gets back, you'd have to think Poolman stays at forward. We have too many good defensemen, and I'm not complaining.

CC must be playing much better, did anybody notice in the game that they lost 4-1 to OMAHA they only gave up 14 shots, 3 in the 1st, 5 in the 2nd and 6 in the 3rd. That's impressive.

I was at both games and I can tell you that this is a much-improved CC team compared to what we saw in October. In the post-game after being swept at Providence, coach Haviland said he was proud of his team's compete level and went on to say that an NHL scout came up to him and said that CC is night and day better than what he saw several weeks back when the Tigers played BC and UNH.

I don't think CC has the skill or depth to beat UND but I hope CC's Friday night win against Omaha as well as pushing a hot Western Michigan team to OT both nights about a month ago-on the road-has gotten their attention.

Cody Bradley and Jaccob Slavin are two guys to keep an eye on. Slavin's been fun to watch and unfortunately for CC fans, he'll probably go pro after his sophomore season.

Interesting note: CC freshman goalie Chase Perry has been platooning with Tyler Marble this season. Perry's dad was a goalie with the Sioux back in the day.

Haviland said during a post game interview a few weeks back that after initially trying a more aggressive forechecking scheme at the beginning of the season, he's made some adjustments after recognizing that they don't quite have the speed or defensive tools yet to continue such approach. So about midway through the first half, they started playing a more defensive approach in the O zone (my guess is, they're trapping more in the neutral zone and not sending both forwards and the center man in deep as often).

I was at both games and I can tell you that this is a much-improved CC team compared to what we saw in October. In the post-game after being swept at Providence, coach Haviland said he was proud of his team's compete level and went on to say that an NHL scout came up to him and said that CC is night and day better than what he saw several weeks back when the Tigers played BC and UNH.

I don't think CC has the skill or depth to beat UND but I hope CC's Friday night win against Omaha as well as pushing a hot Western Michigan team to OT both nights about a month ago-on the road-has gotten their attention.

Cody Bradley and Jaccob Slavin are two guys to keep an eye on. Slavin's been fun to watch and unfortunately for CC fans, he'll probably go pro after his sophomore season.

Interesting note: CC freshman goalie Chase Perry has been platooning with Tyler Marble this season. Perry's dad was a goalie with the Sioux back in the day.

Imagine if they kept Olofsson for at least another year. Then they'd have a couple big time guys on the back end.

Maybe you can both start your own game threads?

Emerald joker can start one for the folks who can spell and gfhookey cann strt won four folks who lik to tri to decypher what hez sayng.

I was wondering how you spell someones name wrong when its right there lol, damn small buttons when texting. Getting kinda sick of that name anyways, maybe its time to change when people spell it wrong.

Any hints on when Stecher, St Clair and Olsen might be back?

St. Clair has an upper body injury. According to Brad, Stecher is skating on  his own again.

And didn't someone post on twitter that Olson was skating this week?

St. Clair has an upper body injury. According to Brad, Stecher is skating on  his own again.

And didn't someone post on twitter that Olson was skating this week?

I saw St. Clair outside of Sec. 104 at Saturday's game chatting it up with some people.  In my professional opinion, he'll be back by the Denver series. :)