SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Nigeria falls friday gameday thread

gfhockey

We've scored 12 goals in two games with that lineup. I don't see much necessity for wholesale changes tomorrow.

Agreed but still would like to see Simonson play. I don't know what should be done because I'm not a smart hockey person but I still feel like Simonson should play. I haven't seen anything from Murphy. It sounds like hating on the guy but I just think Simonson should be getting ice time

Well, yes.  I thought that, too.  But, what if he has a rough start, and puts UND in danger of losing against the #59 team?  Tonight was a risk-free chance.

To me if you want to get someone experience should Zane not be able to play for any reason, why not put him in a situation that at least has a little bit of the pressure he might face should that scenario unfold. Coming in at 6-0 is safe for sure, but what pressure is there, and who knows if the team will still be playing like they should.

To me if you want to get someone experience should Zane not be able to play for any reason, why not put him in a situation that at least has a little bit of the pressure he might face should that scenario unfold. Coming in at 6-0 is safe for sure, but what pressure is there, and who knows if the team will still be playing like they should.

I hear you, but I was thinking for most of the 3rd period - if Zane gets hurt tonight, there goes our season.

Why the need to start Cam? Ride the pony, Zane. The Vikes don't start AP (uh, unless he's suspended for beating his kid) or the Packers (gag) don't start their backup QB in place of Rodgers just to get some experience in case they have to play later on due to injury. Doesn't make sense. Yah, put him in the game late (e.g. start 3rd period) if game is out of hand just in case your starter might get injured in a meaningless time of the game. Do not start Cam tomorrow night.

• Upvote 1

These two games count for nothing. Get the sweep over with and keep everyone healthy. Duluth showed us how we need to play against good teams. Playing Niagra is a glorified scrimmage.

Sure, but the lineup that scored 5 on UMD was the same as tonight. I just don't see the need to make big time changes. I'm fine with Sim-O coming in over Murphy, but I don't think it needs to happen.

Just watched the game after listening to Hennessey during. Few thoughts:

- I love that "4th" line. OD looked great tonight and Pogs was in the right place the whole game. Good chemistry from these three. 7 points. I love when we roll four lines like that and last Saturday.

- Bryn has elevated his game to a big time level. First goal was speed and power, second goal showed a laser scoring touch. Fun to watch. 

- Zane was good. I'm on board with him staying in tomorrow night. He's got so much confidence right now. Niagara only pressed a couple times, but Zane played cool and outside that softie, was perfect on his angles once again. Wish this kid could get a shutty. He deserved it tonight.

- Niagara, for being a team that has little skill, plays with zero grit. I expected to seem them plug and hit, but man, they tried playing an up-tempo game without the necessary team skill. I expect nothing less than a blowout again tomorrow.

- J Schmaltz showed some nifty play tonight. Was active, moving the puck and jumping into the play at the perfect times. Would LOVE to see this kid get back to the level he was playing at during the stretch run last season.

- Leave Pooly at F. He's done quite the job up there. 

• Upvote 1

Sure, but the lineup that scored 5 on UMD was the same as tonight. I just don't see the need to make big time changes. I'm fine with Sim-O coming in over Murphy, but I don't think it needs to happen.

I'm just saying, there's no need to proclaim anything with this lineup after only one good game, yet.

- J Schmaltz showed some nifty play tonight. Was active, moving the puck and jumping into the play at the perfect times. Would LOVE to see this kid get back to the level he was playing at during the stretch run last season.

I agree about wanting him to reach the level of last year, but I thought he was absolutely horrible tonight. There were numerous sloppy passes and easy opportunities missed. I'm not normally in the club who thinks J Schmaltz is lazy, but boy did he look it tonight. He just didn't look engaged at all.

The OD line needs to stick together from here on out. He is playing tremendous hockey right now. Connor goes completely unsung at center and Pogs is going to be the real deal. Murphy and LJ right now give that line nothing. Pooly has shown he can fit w Mac and Parks. Chyzyk looks really good since coming off injury. Panz isn't flashy and doesn't do anything outstanding but he does most things asked of him very very well. Zane is Zane...you know he is going to give UND very solid play, a couple amazing highlight saves and 1 softie most nights. Good effort vs a bad team. Expect the same result tonight.

The OD line needs to stick together from here on out. He is playing tremendous hockey right now. Connor goes completely unsung at center and Pogs is going to be the real deal. Murphy and LJ right now give that line nothing. Pooly has shown he can fit w Mac and Parks. Chyzyk looks really good since coming off injury. Panz isn't flashy and doesn't do anything outstanding but he does most things asked of him very very well. Zane is Zane...you know he is going to give UND very solid play, a couple amazing highlight saves and 1 softie most nights. Good effort vs a bad team. Expect the same result tonight.

Sounds like a real whoopin' last night...the kind I expect to see Seattle put on Green Bay tomorrow!

• Upvote 1

Don't want to discredit the Eagles, but good win by UND.

Pretty impressive UND is playing well without St. Clair, Olson and Stercher.

I think we keep Poolman up front when the guys return. He adds a key component this team is missing up front.

St. Clair and Olson also bring key elements to the team. Need them in the line up.

Like I said I don't count the games against Niagra

Every game is a big game this time of year.  MN dropped from 14th to 20th in pairwise by losing to a bottom team.  Yes, I know it was a tie, but don't say that on GPL.  Teams should not be going through struggles against weak teams in mid-January. 

Every game is a big game this time of year. MN dropped from 14th to 20th in pairwise by losing to a bottom team. Yes, I know it was a tie, but don't say that on GPL. Teams should not be going through struggles against weak teams in mid-January.

Pump the brakes, Siouxman! There's apparently video evidence of a sixth and supposedly SEVENTH skater on the ice during Wisconsin's 2nd goal.

Of course, I'd offer up evidence of a Kyle Rau goalie interference penalty seconds into the game as well as a flop on the cross-check that put Minny on an almost 2:00 5x3 power play...but they don't notice that stuff.

Pump the brakes, Siouxman! There's apparently video evidence of a sixth and supposedly SEVENTH skater on the ice during Wisconsin's 2nd goal.

Of course, I'd offer up evidence of a Kyle Rau goalie interference penalty seconds into the game as well as a flop on the cross-check that put Minny on an almost 2:00 5x3 power play...but they don't notice that stuff.

When I was perusing GPL this morning someone indicated that the supposed video evidence was not hat clear.  The picture only showed 5 on the ice and that the WI player hitting the ice was replacing someone else who had already come off and was not for the D-man headed for the bench.  Stand by for further developments.

I agree about wanting him to reach the level of last year, but I thought he was absolutely horrible tonight. There were numerous sloppy passes and easy opportunities missed. I'm not normally in the club who thinks J Schmaltz is lazy, but boy did he look it tonight. He just didn't look engaged at all.

Definitely saw it differently than you. And that's not even mentioning his assist.

When I was perusing GPL this morning someone indicated that the supposed video evidence was not hat clear. The picture only showed 5 on the ice and that the WI player hitting the ice was replacing someone else who had already come off and was not for the D-man headed for the bench. Stand by for further developments.

There was indeed a 6th Badger on the ice off the screen-shot. Clearly too many men on the ice. However, I'd still counter that Rau deserved 2:00 for running Rumpel seconds into the game and for diving in the 3rd period on the cross-check.

There was indeed a 6th Badger on the ice off the screen-shot. Clearly too many men on the ice. However, I'd still counter that Rau deserved 2:00 for running Rumpel seconds into the game and for diving in the 3rd period on the cross-check.

Plus the two he should have received for embellished diving.