SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD

AZSIOUX

Good ol fashion match up vs the Dogz to open up the 2nd half of the season. Top pairwise match up.

Olson gets to face his hometown team and buddies I'm sure. He will net one

UND (8th pairwise as of today)

13-4-2

6-3-1-0

UMD (3rd pairwise as of today)

12-6-0

7-3-0-0

This should be a high octane series.  Duluth always comes ready to play, and I expect no less than 120 minutes from them over the weekend.  

Having N. Schmaltz back a little early from the WJC is not, in my book, a bad thing given this series and the Penrose as well as PWR implications.  

Great way to start the second half!

GO SIOUX!!! 

Enjoy biddco!

Haven't seen UMD play what's the style and names of top end guys/top freshman ect..thanks!

Style of play is pretty usual for UMD, one or two NHL potential defensive players with smaller yet speedy guys on offense. Scoring is more balanced than teams of previous years. UMD's played the number schedule in the country and have won thanks to great leadership from second year captain, Adam Krause. As for top freshmen, Karson Kuhlman is a speedy forward who is fun to watch.  Coming into this year they needed some much better goaltending if they wanted to compete and boy have they gotten that. Kasimir Kaskisuo (Just call him Kas) has played extremely well. 

Dominic Toninato is our best offensive player who leads the team in points and, in my opinion, is the best pro prospect on the team. It shall be a fun fun series! 

I haven't been to Grand Forks for a UMD series since 2007 and saw MTU play UND in 2010. 

• Upvote 1

Enjoy biddco!

Haven't seen UMD play what's the style and names of top end guys/top freshman ect..thanks!

My 2 cents.

Their goalie has been pretty lights out most of the year. I would say as a group, they probably have the most talented 12 forwards in NCHC if not college hockey. Welenski is a stud on the blue line for them but other than that they are pretty average there. Watched quite a few of these guys play for The Force. From the Force alum, Toninato is a pretty good finisher, Iafallo is a very good center and sees the ice real well, and Farley is a waterbug, fast and quick and probably runs his lips as much as Rau. He will agitate and try and draw penalties with some chippy stuff and he is not afraid to embellish or create a penalty out of thin air. 

Willie Corrin on D is a pretty tough kid but not overly skilled. I liked all these guys for the Force...should be a great series!

Can't wait until Friday! Headed up to GF from MPLS to catch the first game. The wife and I are bringing our little one to her first Sioux game!

Hitting up Little Bangkok before, gonna take down a couple big beers and God willing our nearly-2-year old is a happy camper. Can't wait to see the boys in action. Go Sioux!

Question: which bars downtown offer shuttles to the games? 

I believe The Loft does as well although they have music blaring really loud through blown out speakers so JB's would be my first choice.

Make sure to buy a ticket to the Joe Black's bus as soon as you get to the bar. We waited until the bus was leaving one time and they had sold out of them. Luckily, the bouncer let us slip on the bus and stand though. Not sure if they'd do that for a UMD fan :D

Can't wait until Friday! Headed up to GF from MPLS to catch the first game. The wife and I are bringing our little one to her first Sioux game!

Hitting up Little Bangkok before, gonna take down a couple big beers and God willing our nearly-2-year old is a happy camper. Can't wait to see the boys in action. Go Sioux!

I'd suggest finding her some head phones for ear protection for when we score. We bring them for our 1 year old, he's been to about 5 games now.