SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. LSSU - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

The way Stecher went into those boards and how he reacted...didn't look good. Gonna hope for the best but he might be out for a while which is highly unfortunate :(

Silver lining, UND has Nick Mattson and Andrew Panzarella as backups. When Mattson is on his game he can be very good. Just needs to gain his confidence back.

Stecher has been super solid, but I don't worry about the team as much as I worry about him, if it is serious.  The team will manage, as that position is deep.  But a serious injury just as he was taking off would be difficult to take.  Hopefully it won't be that bad.

The Stecher injury didn't look good at all and hoping it is nothing major but would expect him to at the very least miss next weekend. LSSU did a much better job of clogging lanes and blocking shots tonight but I thought the Sioux missed the net on a lot of solid opportunities and at times passed up good opportunities trying to force great plays. Defensive zone play was very solid tonight and giving LSSU very few quality opportunities. Was glad to see Hak start Zane again tonight and not take any chances. I thought the reffing was pretty questionable tonight the head contact call on Ausmus and the tripping call on Gaarder were really bad.

That Stecher injury scares me, I was worried he blew out his knee. If I had my pick, I'd have rather lost the game and keep Stecher if it's serious. Luckily Hennessy said he had an ice bag on his ankle so maybe rolled ankle? That would be good news right now.

That would be great news if it's only sprained....As that play was developing it looked like bad things....now I hope it's not the B word.