SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 HS hockey season

sioux rube

Maybe you don't read this board.  How many Sioux fans think that the Sioux should never lose a game.  There are idiots from each fan base, it isn't exclusive to one team.

enlighten me oh wise one, for I had gfhockey pegged a gf local that looks down on the rest of the state, much like a typical goofer fan that looks down on the rest of creation. save your bad apple analogy as anyone with 3 posts to their name is well versed

You as a fan or you as a high schooler who dreams of being a Gopher.

Warroad games vs Roseau probably have more intensity than any game the Warriors will play in front of 1,500 fans at the X.

Of maybe you can ask a Sioux player if the intensity of the post-season is amped up by playing in front of 900 fans in Kalamazoo or Cincinnati...

Kinda like Class A hockey in MN or the girls' tournaments..move them to a place with some atmosphere, not the X in front of close family, friends, and students.

Class A has lots of atmosphere at the Xcel and any player will tell you they want to play there.  Lower bowl is mostly full.  While playing at the john would look fuller I don't know if it would add that much more atmosphere.  

I'm going to guess girls will say the same thing, but it isn't as lively for theirs because schools don't bring as many fans. My understanding is the boys tourney also floats their tourney rental.  IIRC some Cities private school parents sued over title IX to get girls tourney moved to Xcel.

The sad thing is that Section 8A will normally have the most affiliated fans and they have the farthest drive.

• 2 weeks later...

EGF and Hermantown meet today in the Hilltopper Classic Championship in Duluth in a rematch of the Class A title game from last year should be a good one.

Hermantown beat EGF 3-0 with an empty netter yesterday wouldn't be at all surprised to see these 2 playing for a little more important championship in March at the X.