SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 HS hockey season

sioux rube

Can be sneaky good at times but I don't see them making state. Hard working team but only have one decent line and goaltending is suspect.

Thanks. I hope that the interest in the Williston/Watford City/Dickinson area picks up - would be good for UND to market themselves a bit out west some more and find some new fans.

Watford A is unbeaten and league leading in ND Junior Gold hockey right now. (Watford B dead last).

here is a link:http://www.ndaha.org/page/show/1495392-hs-boys-ndaha-2014-2015

Junior Gold teams are good Sioux fans from what I recall (years ago).

Williston and Dickenson have Class A teams but they struggle mightily. They can beat each other and maybe one other...

here is a standings link: http://ndhighschoolhockey.com/NorthDakotaBoysHighSchoolHockey/Default.aspx

Thanks. I hope that the interest in the Williston/Watford City/Dickinson area picks up - would be good for UND to market themselves a bit out west some more and find some new fans.

If not next year the following year Watford City will be joining the west region in hockey. When that happens I would imagine Jamestown would move to the east region again. That would make 9 teams in each region.

I'd be surprised if EGF and Bemidji aren't the two section 8 reps in St. Paul.

Best two teams I've seen this year.  Bemidji is fast.  Rest section 8A is not very good this year either.  Roseau also way down.

EGF got #1 goalie back, but lost one of better defensemen to a check from behind against Red River.

Watford A is unbeaten and league leading in ND Junior Gold hockey right now. (Watford B dead last).

here is a link:http://www.ndaha.org/page/show/1495392-hs-boys-ndaha-2014-2015

Junior Gold teams are good Sioux fans from what I recall (years ago).

Williston and Dickenson have Class A teams but they struggle mightily. They can beat each other and maybe one other...

here is a standings link: http://ndhighschoolhockey.com/NorthDakotaBoysHighSchoolHockey/Default.aspx

The new convention center will not be finished in Watford til early 2016. So would suspect Watford would sponsor a HS varsity team then. Maybe Sidney, Mt can co-op with Watford. Sidney is like 40 miles away.

When are the new high schools, Sheyenne and Legacy, going to have teams? Is Wahp-Breck satisfied with their Class A Minnesota pals. With hockey going full bore in Northwood, would they team up with Mayport to sponsor a team?

The new convention center will not be finished in Watford til early 2016. So would suspect Watford would sponsor a HS varsity team then. Maybe Sidney, Mt can co-op with Watford. Sidney is like 40 miles away.

When are the new high schools, Sheyenne and Legacy, going to have teams? Is Wahp-Breck satisfied with their Class A Minnesota pals. With hockey going full bore in Northwood, would they team up with Mayport to sponsor a team?

Your Watford City take is probably key: need home rink. 

Right now South is co-oping with Shanley. That's just demographics. Before Davies, 80+ percent of FSHS's hockey team lived south of 32nd Avenue (and almost all lived south of I-94). The old South team is now effectively Davies. I suspect we'll see the same impact where WF Sheyenne (more south in newer part of town) is more hockey-centric than Packerland. 

For Mayville to have the bodies they'd need Hillsboro (and Central Valley) and Northwood (which gets you Hatton also). 

Anyone know why they went Minnesota in the first place? Was it because Breckenridge had the program first? They are one of worst teams in MN, but then so are most of those highway ten corridor and just south of that teams. I don't actually think they'd be any better in ND. It's just a curiosity.

Anyone know why they went Minnesota in the first place? Was it because Breckenridge had the program first? They are one of worst teams in MN, but then so are most of those highway ten corridor and just south of that teams. I don't actually think they'd be any better in ND. It's just a curiosity.

They got rocked in North Dakota and teams were tired of playing them. Their record is a bit better since they went to Minnesota.

Watford City has a rink at the fairgrounds. I haven't heard that they're getting a new one at the high school or rec center.

The new civic center next to Watford City's new high school will be huge. There will be two rinks, one with plenty of seating, plus a big basketball venue, plus assorted other courts, and a work out area, and a meeting place. It will be a like a smaller Alerus with two rinks and a smaller Wellness Center attached. The new HS will have its own big gym too, plus a new football field.

They got rocked in North Dakota and teams were tired of playing them. Their record is a bit better since they went to Minnesota.

They think they have a better shot of actually making the State Tournament. The teams that they compete against would be blown out by Section 8A schools. Likely the lowest rated section in Minnesota.

Hearing that Bowen (UND commit) for EGF left game against Moorhead with injury.  Looks like bad injury luck in that section isn't limited to Warroad.  Third top player for EGF to go down.

I believe the injury happened on a hit and someone who was there said it looked like maybe a shoulder injury but they weren't real sure. Not sure how long he will be out but he didn't play Friday night at Roseau in a 6-0 EGF win.

Section 3A should probably petition South Dakota to join their show! 6A includes Fergus, Alexandria, and lower enrollment St Cloud schools, so Breck-Wahp still doesn't have a shot. Breck-Wahp should get in Section 3A!

6A has been weak but 1A and 3A have been just as bad if not worst at times. When they re-did sections the last time they moved St.Cloud Cathedral into 6A and that helps because they are usually a solid program and Alexandria has a decent team this year. Detroit Lakes has been in 6A some but would like to be in it consistently they always are mad they get placed in 8A because it is a much better section usually. DL actually has a pretty solid team and have a decent chance in 6A this year but instead will be about the 4 seed in 8A. We played Breck-Wahp in high school and they were pretty bad but I always wondered why they wouldn't play ND hockey because they always ended up as one of the bottom couple teams in 6A and I can't ever see them making a Minnesota State Tournament.