SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Arizona @ UND

The Sicatoka

One of purps biggest things he don't like is the Gobc of grand forks actually. We told him that we would not influence as much if he came back but he doesn't know if he should take our word

He basically doesn't like the Gobc

Yes kopps retirement party was fun. Didn't stay to long as I had to get to judys for 5 clock happy hour then the bun bus after that. Kopp bleeds green. Faison could care less since kopp isn't the face of the program but what's funny he kind of is.

I still think it's funny how important the guys with the credentials around their neck think they are

Love me some Dallas Kopp. If you ever want an unfiltered opinion about anything in the football program he's the guy. I've had a lot of great and entertaining convos with him. He still rides his bike around town too which is great to see.

Great job at winning another game we weren't favored to win which has been every game but Robert Morris this year. This is a big change from the previous regime as I cannot think of one game we won which we weren't supposed to and lost to many worse teams. Great job coaching staff and congratulations team. Beat UNC.

Anyone know anything about NAU's #66 climbing into the stands after the game and going after some fans?

I was in Section 216 until the UND players started coming over to high five the fans and I didn't see anything.  I thought that all of the NAU players had gone to the locker room by then, or were headed in that direction.

One of purps biggest things he don't like is the Gobc of grand forks actually. We told him that we would not influence as much if he came back but he doesn't know if he should take our word

He basically doesn't like the Gobc

Yes kopps retirement party was fun. Didn't stay to long as I had to get to judys for 5 clock happy hour then the bun bus after that. Kopp bleeds green. Faison could care less since kopp isn't the face of the program but what's funny he kind of is.

I still think it's funny how important the guys with the credentials around their neck think they are

http://youtu.be/xxO-uM52cyc

Faison isn't happy with the Gobc.

We go behind his back to much

We want purp

Yeah, you want a lot of things. However, if the %gobc was as "well connected" as claimed you'd know getting Purpur to UND is a pipedream as his wife does has no interest in moving to the midwest.

I was in Section 216 until the UND players started coming over to high five the fans and I didn't see anything. I thought that all of the NAU players had gone to the locker room by then, or were headed in that direction.

I was in 215. There was a kid in front of us that spent a good portion of the game heckling #66. Although #66 showed quite a bit of emotion while on the sidelines, especially when we took the lead in the field goal, I never saw him try to come in the stands.

UND played great but UNA had a few "dumb" plays that didn't help them out any.

UNA qb throws the ball out of bounds on their last possession on third down to stop the clock before they punt and help set up UND's field goal winning drive.

UNA botches the snap in its own end zone. Instead of taking an intentional safety, the punter runs out to about the three or four yard line setting up an easy UND touchdown.

Impressive win. Garmin showed if you give him some room he can run. He isn't the kind of RB who breaks tackles, he reads blocks and makes guys miss. We gave up some big third down conversions but we had guys with the receivers. They need to attack the ball but last year we had guys all by themselves on those plays. We did get fooled on their long TD but the comeback is something this coaching staff can look back on as a turning point. You guys need to lighten up on Rudolph. The oline has slowly improved over the course of this season and have given us some semblance of a running game. Studsrud did what they needed him to do. He didn't turn the ball over and didn't panic on the last drive. Defensive line did great job and our younger kids are improving game to game. Didn't like KO coverage but we had good punt coverage and hang time on punts. We had only 9 guys on the field when they botched their punt and we ended up with ball inside their 10. Those things can't happen. Didn't like the pass interference called on us by side judge from 30 yds away nor the holding on Tilman near end of game on their third down. Same guy made both calls. Bubba said that crew does decent job but he was too far away to yell at the guy.

Disappointing turnout by fans esp students. They could choose to be part of this turnaround. Administration could help by making this more of an event experience. Don't think Faison understands that. I agree scoreboard management at Alerus is worthless. What is so difficult about posting current scores from around the country? Top 25 FBS, FCS, Big Sky and area teams of interest. We get the same 3 games with few updates. Are those people that clueless or don't they care.

Good call on the win Gundy.

I don't know if us guys "need to lighten up on Rudolph", although it certainly is a different game when the line gets a a bit of a push.  I know he was dealt a crappy hand with talent this year.  However, in my opinion, there have been far to many 1st and 10, 2nd and 9, 3rd and 7 (incomplete pass), punt sequences throughout the season.  If you can't beat people physically you need to try keep them off balance.  I really didn't see this from Rudolph much at all.  And although our special teams have made some great plays this year, there have been and still are far too many mental mistakes.  It is nice to get a win like this at home.  I think hopes were too high at midpoint (see the can we make the playoff thread) and when we crashed down again entheusiasm waned.  Hopefully we will continue to improve into next year.

Great win. And to those fans that were screaming when Studsrud was running down the clock before the field goal, shut up and figure it out.

Really funny, this was the only game I have been able to attend in person this year and it never fails to amaze me how stupid fans are at any level of football.  The guy behind me started upset but quickly figured it out but his wife kept yelling to snap the ball and say what is he doing.  Finally the guy just tells her to shut up you don't know what you are talking about. 

Good game and people need to stop complaining about play calling because all passing on early downs did was get UND in trouble.  They struggled to pass block and the WR really were not getting open.  Even the deep shot to Siebel, though a good attempt he had very little separation and that is after running the ball successfully most of the game. 

I was in Section 216 until the UND players started coming over to high five the fans and I didn't see anything.  I thought that all of the NAU players had gone to the locker room by then, or were headed in that direction.

The story I heard was that after the game he was pretty distraught and had been getting taunted all game - he broke and came up the side into the stands - I didn't see it just heard about it.

If you pull some strings and make the winters in GF similar to Palo Alto, you've got a shot.   

Yup. Nailed it. 

Purpur applied for the UC Davis job (didn't get it). Why? Davis and Palo Alto (Stanford) are 100 miles apart (basically from the south SF Bay to the north SF Bay). That's the climate his family is looking for. 

If someone can pull strings to get that climate and topography to the northern Red River Valley I'm sure they'll be able to leave the San Andreas Fault behind too. ;)