SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Arizona @ UND

The Sicatoka

Great win. And to those fans that were screaming when Studsrud was running down the clock before the field goal, shut up and figure it out.

my question was why didn't we run it down to 3-4 seconds before the kick so no kickoff. Maybe with a more experienced qb the coaches would have more comfortable running it down farther.

Great win. And to those fans that were screaming when Studsrud was running down the clock before the field goal, shut up and figure it out.

We should have ran it down to 2-3 seconds to be critical.....so the game was over on the make. I think we had enough time on the play clock.

Yup. Studsrud was made aware of the game clock by Garmin and a couple others. He wasn't going to really run it way down I don't think. It only gave them enough time for a kickoff return but I'm sure next time he'll milk it down to 3 or so seconds.

I was just completely befuddled though with the people in the stands screaming bloody murder because he wasn't snapping the ball as if we needed a TD.

Yup. Studsrud was made aware of the game clock by Garmin and a couple others. He wasn't going to really run it way down I don't think. It only gave them enough time for a kickoff return but I'm sure next time he'll milk it down to 3 or so seconds.

I was just completely befuddled though with the people in the stands screaming bloody murder because he wasn't snapping the ball as if we needed a TD.

You shouldn't be completely surprised by fools in the stands.  You don't have to know anything about football to by a ticket and that is proven over and over again.

Maybe something positive came out of the botched FG against Montana: this time a freshman kicking unit executed like fifth-year seniors to win.

Jer Garmin looked like a leader out there with under 20 seconds on the clock. He calmed Studsrud down. I hope Keaton had his mental notebook out.

This is the game Mollberg talked about earlier this year: a game where a team that knows it's right there, so close, comes back and wins. Remember this game, the comeback, the win. This could be the first toehold on the climb up.

This game reaffirmed some things I guess I knew but ...

- some more linemen (O and D) would be good

- the secondary needs help

- the WR corps needs help

- this offensive scheme needs more than one healthy, reliable back

Huge win for UND. Can't help but notice it is quiet on the Bisonville front about our win over a ranked team. Interesting. I guess they only come out sometimes. That win should really give a big boost to recruiting.

Ranked?  Joke - Lost to South Dakota the last place team in MVFC.  BSC this year is so down it's sad. 

Impressive win. Garmin showed if you give him some room he can run. He isn't the kind of RB who breaks tackles, he reads blocks and makes guys miss. We gave up some big third down conversions but we had guys with the receivers. They need to attack the ball but last year we had guys all by themselves on those plays. We did get fooled on their long TD but the comeback is something this coaching staff can look back on as a turning point. You guys need to lighten up on Rudolph. The oline has slowly improved over the course of this season and have given us some semblance of a running game. Studsrud did what they needed him to do. He didn't turn the ball over and didn't panic on the last drive. Defensive line did great job and our younger kids are improving game to game. Didn't like KO coverage but we had good punt coverage and hang time on punts. We had only 9 guys on the field when they botched their punt and we ended up with ball inside their 10. Those things can't happen. Didn't like the pass interference called on us by side judge from 30 yds away nor the holding on Tilman near end of game on their third down. Same guy made both calls. Bubba said that crew does decent job but he was too far away to yell at the guy.

Disappointing turnout by fans esp students. They could choose to be part of this turnaround. Administration could help by making this more of an event experience. Don't think Faison understands that. I agree scoreboard management at Alerus is worthless. What is so difficult about posting current scores from around the country? Top 25 FBS, FCS, Big Sky and area teams of interest. We get the same 3 games with few updates. Are those people that clueless or don't they care.

Good call on the win Gundy.

Impressive win. Garmin showed if you give him some room he can run. He isn't the kind of RB who breaks tackles, he reads blocks and makes guys miss. We gave up some big third down conversions but we had guys with the receivers. They need to attack the ball but last year we had guys all by themselves on those plays. We did get fooled on their long TD but the comeback is something this coaching staff can look back on as a turning point. You guys need to lighten up on Rudolph. The oline has slowly improved over the course of this season and have given us some semblance of a running game. Studsrud did what they needed him to do. He didn't turn the ball over and didn't panic on the last drive. Defensive line did great job and our younger kids are improving game to game. Didn't like KO coverage but we had good punt coverage and hang time on punts. We had only 9 guys on the field when they botched their punt and we ended up with ball inside their 10. Those things can't happen. Didn't like the pass interference called on us by side judge from 30 yds away nor the holding on Tilman near end of game on their third down. Same guy made both calls. Bubba said that crew does decent job but he was too far away to yell at the guy.

Disappointing turnout by fans esp students. They could choose to be part of this turnaround. Administration could help by making this more of an event experience. Don't think Faison understands that. I agree scoreboard management at Alerus is worthless. What is so difficult about posting current scores from around the country? Top 25 FBS, FCS, Big Sky and area teams of interest. We get the same 3 games with few updates. Are those people that clueless or don't they care.

There's a lot of "not caring" going on with football. Both the UND athletic department (i.e., Faison) and President Kelley need to change their view on football and just athletics in general.

Faison seems to me to be really complacent lately (perhaps ready for retirement?). I think UND athletics needs some new, hungry blood in charge because UND football could be improved so much just by selling the product better, and that starts with the game day atmosphere.

There's a lot of "not caring" going on with football. Both the UND athletic department (i.e., Faison) and President Kelley need to change their view on football and just athletics in general.

Faison seems to me to be really complacent lately (perhaps ready for retirement?). I think UND athletics needs some new, hungry blood in charge because UND football could be improved so much just by selling the product better, and that starts with the game day atmosphere.

Agree.

Agree. Gfhockey and his gobc might need to call them on the carpet. I think Kelly understands that inter collegiate athletics is important to a University. I don't think he understands how important with regards to the positive marketing, donations and student enrollment. If he did he would be putting the pressure on Faison to step it up both with the timetable, quantity and quality of support for the entire athletic dept.

Faison isn't happy with the Gobc.

We go behind his back to much

We want purp

Faison should just be happy he is still employed as a D1 AD somewhere...........

And Kelley........don't even know where to start with him.

We want purp

I see you were at the party for Dallas. I didn't see anyone sauced enough to be you. I also didn't see Faison there which means he doesn't get it. He should have stopped by.

Had nice visit with Roger Thomas and Bubba. Roger told great story about Mark Poolman and how he is only player to get game ending injury during coin toss. Poolman and Mike Schmatz who both played fb for Roger, now have kids playing hockey at UND. Those guys have a great coaching fraternity and give up an awful lot to coach with only a slim chance at the big time. Sioux FB is in great hands right now. Tide is turning.

We want purp

If somehow Ray Purpur could be persuaded to take the AD job at UND, that would be one of the biggest accomplishments for UND athletics in a long time, if not ever.

If you and your GOBC think they can accomplish that, go for it!

One of purps biggest things he don't like is the Gobc of grand forks actually. We told him that we would not influence as much if he came back but he doesn't know if he should take our word

He basically doesn't like the Gobc

Yes kopps retirement party was fun. Didn't stay to long as I had to get to judys for 5 clock happy hour then the bun bus after that. Kopp bleeds green. Faison could care less since kopp isn't the face of the program but what's funny he kind of is.

I still think it's funny how important the guys with the credentials around their neck think they are

Only thing I disagree with is I loved our kick coverage, the tackling was absolutely awful though. We had guys in position to make tackles inside the 15 multiple times and made 0 of those plays.