SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: UND Homecoming vs PSU

geaux_sioux

PSU is just a bad football team. I saw the last quarter or so and their QB was not very good. Also, the head coaches time management at the end of the game was horrible. He should have taken a time out before the UND punt and get the ball back with about 2 full minutes left instead of 1:20.

Yet Weber State is a decent football team? You jokers just don't get it.

You UND fans really crack me up. Get pissy so easily. Talking about playoffs for UND after they win to get to 3-4 against a weak PSU team, or wait they are really good aren't they? winning 1 upset game and beating a 1 win team gives you respect. I guess when you have sucked for so long your standards drop huh?

UND has played well in every conference game so far, so yes, we are allowed to talk about hypothetically reaching the playoffs.

And if you don't think beating the #2 team in the country would earn UND respect, then you're more bias than I thought. Didn't NDSU gain respect by UPSETTING Kansas State?? Upsets earn respect because good things usually follow. Try not be so one-sided; you're not fooling anybody.

I've only been on this site for about a year, up until now I thought mj23 was the only bison person on here that wasn't trying to be a dick....until now.   But if you don't think beating the #2 team at their place gets you a little respect, especially after coming very close to knocking off the #7 team in Montana then you are nuts.  The statement said earn some respect, he didn't say that knocking #2 would make every team fearful of us like we are a power house or something.  And beating the 1 win team wasn't a big part of the earning the respect, it's just that you still have to beat them because anything can happen.  NDSU should know that you can sometimes play down to the level of the competition....like they did with Weber State keeping it close.

PSU is just a bad football team. I saw the last quarter or so and their QB was not very good. Also, the head coaches time management at the end of the game was horrible. He should have taken a time out before the UND punt and get the ball back with about 2 full minutes left instead of 1:20.  

Wow - guess I have better things to do then to go watch the last few minutes of a game between two teams I don't follow just to try and find another way to put a team down. Anyone have time to go watch the FU/Weber game and diss the Weber coaching staff.

I agree, if they were to win out and finish 8-4, they would be in and that would be a hell of a turnaround from the last couple years with Mussman

Reasoned response. Fair. Considered. Thank you. 

In return: Even with Vernon Adams hurt, UND defeating EWU on the "red carpet" is very hypothetical. (UND couldn't get past #7 at home; #2 on the road is a huge task.) 

Unless the offense shows more improvement i don't see them beating EWU but if it does improve i could see an upset possible.

In the current state of health (decimated RB corps, decimated WR corps, #1 QB missed last two plus quarters with concussion symptoms), it will take some heroic "step ups" for that. 

In the current state of health (decimated RB corps, decimated WR corps, #1 QB missed last two plus quarters with concussion symptoms), it will take some heroic "step ups" for that. 

The Bye week couldn't have come a better time.  Give a chance to get "healthy" for this time of the year.  Anderson look a little nicked at the PSU game too (labored a lot in the 4th).  Get those guys healthy like Dev, Brandon, Anderson, and Mollberg. and perhaps if Shaugs can finally be good to go it will help the RB corps a lot.

Then go down to Cedar City and beat SUU.  Get to 4-4, get to 2-2 in conference play.  and go from there.

I would like to see Eastern Washington face a solid defense to see how they really perform. If teams can hold them to less than 30 they are very beatable with that crappy defense. Curious to see how UND's defense does against them. It will be their toughest D they will have faced so far. They follow that game up with Montana

I'm pretty sure washington's d would outperform und's.

Only in the sense that Washingtons offense is superior to UND's defense. D can only keep you in the game so much if your O doesn't move the ball. UND's d however would likely do much better than EW's though, easily.

I'm referring to u dub. The team that beat ewu 59 to 52. I know they have a weak fbs defense this year but und is not at u dub's level at defense.

One thing und may have going for them is the ewu offense may be missing some key components when they play.

I'm referring to u dub. The team that beat ewu 59 to 52. I know they have a weak fbs defense this year but und is not at u dub's level at defense.

One thing und may have going for them is the ewu offense may be missing some key components when they play.

Other than UW being a Pac12 team what are you basing this on?

The level of athletes they have? Future nfl players? A highly paid coaching staff? I haven't been following uw closely this season but would be surprised if und had a stronger defense.

With how well UND's defense has played, particularly at home, it's hard to say that Washington has a better defense after they gave up 52 to Eastern Washington. Now, on the road, UND's defense has faltered some because of horrible performances by the offense. Another thing to factor in is the way UND plays football; they drag out games and play the field position game in order to keep games close and not high scoring. All in all, Eastern Washington won't score 52 versus UND (at least I sure hope not!).

The level of athletes they have? Future nfl players? A highly paid coaching staff? I haven't been following uw closely this season but would be surprised if und had a stronger defense.

How bout their heart, toughness, and execution? Apparently not too high as they gave up 52 to a lesser opponent.

With how well UND's defense has played, particularly at home, it's hard to say that Washington has a better defense after they gave up 52 to Eastern Washington. Now, on the road, UND's defense has faltered some because of horrible performances by the offense. Another thing to factor in is the way UND plays football; they drag out games and play the field position game in order to keep games close and not high scoring. All in all, Eastern Washington won't score 52 versus UND (at least I sure hope not!).

UND needs to be able to stay on the field and grind out first downs to have a chance. As you say pace of the game is huge. EWU games thus far have an average of about 155 snaps per game compared to the average UND game with 126 snaps.....I know the game is still 60 minutes but you could say that is similar to extending the game by another quarter....for reference, NDSU games are around 130 snaps a game but their offense is a bit more efficient than ours....or a lot. ???

For comparison's sake as I realize that 2 of these teams are better than the other, but EWU averages about 7.2 yards per play and snaps the ball about 80 times a game while giving up 6.3 yards per play on 74 snaps. NDSU averages about 6.4 yards a play and snaps it about 69 times a game and gives up just 4.2 yards a plays and only allows 61 snaps a game while UND is only averaging 4 yards per play and snapping it 58 times a game while giving up just 4.9 yards per play and allowing about 68 snaps a game.

A healthy NDSU vs. a healthy EWU game would be very interesting. EWU would need to get up a couple scores to have a chance in my opinion. If they got behind and NDSU started grinding out first downs running the ball and running the clock they would have a hard time keeping their QB upright when they did get the ball.