SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Homecoming: Portland State vs. UND

UND-FB-FAN

Wow.  UND should win this one by a couple of scores.  Where can I go to place my bet?!  

If I'm reading Sagarin correctly, he has Portland as about a 4 point favorite.

RATING    W   L  SCHEDL(RANK) VS top 10 | VS top 30 | GOLDEN_MEAN  | PREDICTOR    | ELO_SCORE  
                HOME ADVANTAGE=[  3.44]                                               [  3.18]       [  3.57]       [  3.16]
 177  Portland State       AA =  48.61    2   3   62.18( 109)    0   0  |    0   0  |   49.39  180 |   49.45  171 |   46.87  195
 207  North Dakota         AA =  41.49    2   4   54.05( 164)    0   0  |    0   0  |   40.44  218 |   42.00  203 |   44.18  208

Massey and Sagarin actually have Stony Brook rated ahead of UND. I don't pretend to know exactly what all goes into computer rankings, but that seems strange to me. 

That's because SB has the best defense in all of college FB! ;)

• Upvote 1

Weekly 2 deep changes:

Norberg listed as starting running back, Garman listed as #2

With last weeks starter Woodsmall injured, NG depth chart is now Hinojosa/Cheatom/Cummings

Forgot about Cheatom a little bit for depth at NG.......roughly how many snaps has he had this year?

Forgot about Cheatom a little bit for depth at NG.......roughly how many snaps has he had this year?

Not sure.  Stats show he's played in 4 games but only has 1 assisted tackle.  Don't recall seeing him on the field much this far, hopefully he has something to prove.

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=209705417

Watching the highlights of the Montana game, it's even more apparent to me how close this UND team is to being good and winning ball games. UND only has ''self-inflicted' mistakes to really fix. If UND didn't have the 2 bad snaps, fumble the ball away within the five, and if Mollberg wouldn't have fumbled the ball away when sacked, UND likely would've won.

Point is, if UND plays a disciplined, consistent four quarters, the offense will put up points. Vs Portland State for homecoming, UND's offense can score plenty if they are playing smooth. Hope to see more improvement from the Montana game to the Homecoming game.

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=209705417

Watching the highlights of the Montana game, it's even more apparent to me how close this UND team is to being good and winning ball games. UND only has ''self-inflicted' mistakes to really fix. If UND didn't have the 2 bad snaps, fumble the ball away within the five, and if Mollberg wouldn't have fumbled the ball away when sacked, UND likely would've won.

Point is, if UND plays a disciplined, consistent four quarters, the offense will put up points. Vs Portland State for homecoming, UND's offense can score plenty if they are playing smooth. Hope to see more improvement from the Montana game to the Homecoming game.

Lots of "ifs", I'm sure Montana found some of those as well.  The team needs to keep playing hard and improving every day.

Lots of "ifs", I'm sure Montana found some of those as well. The team needs to keep playing hard and improving every day.

Better than getting blown out or just not being able to move the ball or tackle. Then the issue becomes a talent or personnel issue which takes much longer to overcome.

Team and coaches shouldn't be satisfied yet because wins and playoffs are needed, but this team is a lot further along than anyone initially imagined. They have the potential to already be a top Big Sky team.

Joe had a very nice start to the game and on a roll, wish he was still in there actually.  I guess those that were asking for Bartels, even in the first half last week will get their wish.  Not a good start for him on the first possession.