SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 Season

sioux24/7

Herald article says Nash, Hooker, de Rouen, Coleman, and Salmonson will start at UNI.

Also, on the coaches show last night, Jones said part ox the reason for all the away games to start the season is because they needed a lot of money games to raise cash for a trip that the team is going to take to Italy next summer.

Herald article says Nash, Hooker, de Rouen, Coleman, and Salmonson will start at UNI.

Also, on the coaches show last night, Jones said part ox the reason for all the away games to start the season is because they needed a lot of money games to raise cash for a trip that the team is going to take to Italy next summer.

Would not be surprised to see this starting lineup change after a few games.   Nash, De Rouen and Coleman I believe are solid but I cant believe Salmonson will stay at the 5 and I see Tyler replacing Hooker.  Tyler had a very impressive last year at UMKC and I believe after a few games his numbers will be much better than Hookers but will Jones make the move.

Not at all the starting line-up I would have guessed.  Looks like some of the new guys have promise or some of the players that were here previously weren't as good as we though.  Going with the former until proven different.  Beginning of a new season, glass half full type stuff.

Did he mention whether any true freshman were playing this year or will they all be red-shirting?

That is the thing about being in a lower conference like the Big Sky.  You're not getting an NCAA at-large anyway so non-conference wins and home games are for meaningless ratings.  Big Sky Conference play is obviously all they care about.  

Not saying they should do the road warrior thing every year but they can do it when needed.

That is the thing about being in a lower conference like the Big Sky.  You're not getting an NCAA at-large anyway so non-conference wins and home games are for meaningless ratings.  Big Sky Conference play is obviously all they care about.  

Not saying they should do the road warrior thing every year but they can do it when needed.

Agree to a point.  You can't do what UND did last year and completely blow your OOC schedule and still think that you'll get a decent seed in the tournament if you win the conference auto-bid.  On the other hand, with how RPI is calculated, playing a ton of high-RPI teams can actually inflate your RPI whether you win or lose the games.  Even if you do that, you still need at least a few quality wins and on top of it, can't blow games against teams like the egg UND laid at SUU last year.  The conference as a whole needs to improve their schedule and it creates a multiplier effect for all the teams.

Crandall had some back pain.  Not sure if he is redshirting , Shields and Richman probably redshirting.  Kinda odd that their status has not been announced.  Guess is that all 3 will redshirt since they did not dress for last game. Maybe some reporter will ask the coach.

GFHockey, you serious dude?? Game 3, and in the previous 2 years Jones has finished 2nd and 3rd with a limited budget. If anything you should question why UND isn't investing more in BBall when the potential ROI is really good. Not a Jones lover or hater, but I think he has done a good job with the resources he has. My expectations for this year would be making the BSC tourney and hopefully making a postseason tourney beyond that. I think next year is the year we compete for the conference title again. In the meantime I will enjoy watching this year's team continue to improve and you never know, they get to the BSC tourney and anything can happen.  

What should the expectations be? IMHO he has been over achieving with what he has. UND should invest more in asst. coach salaries and give the Betty a little facelift. If that were to happen then maybe you could complain. You and your boys work on those things then you can warm up that seat if they aren't up to your standards. Until then just be happy with 4 straight years of post season play and hopefully a 5th this year.

NDSU beat UM-Crookston 64-63 in front of 980 people. Either the Bison are way down from last year or they overlooked UMC. I hope they overlook UND and we can crush them like last year.

I have a suggestion for a new forum topic, or at least a new thread: Darrel's "All things NDSU" thread. Just sayin'...

• Upvote 3