SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

Ohio State leads Penn State 4-3

Denver leads Omaha 2-0

Northern Michigan leads Michigan Tech 3-2

Mankato leads LSSU 2-1

Bemidji leads UAH 2-0

WMU and Notre Dame tied 2-2

Wisconsin and BU tied 1-1

Michigan State beats U18 4-1

Northeastern and BC tied 1-1 (OT)

With a blue fade once and awhile. The B1G Network is trying hard to sell B1G hockey,

I think it's my TV that's on the fritz...first, I got a blue fade off-and-on on BTN, now I've got black and white on the officials in the Dartmouth/UNH game showing up as some sort of pinkish haze.

And any guesses who feels OK enough to stay out for the first face-off of the PP?

If true, that irks me.  That should be a 2:00 penalty. Nothing worse than a guy acting hurt to sell a call, then popping up and ready to go to start the PP.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering the team (and player) involved.

If true, that irks me. That should be a 2:00 penalty. Nothing worse than a guy acting hurt to sell a call, then popping up and ready to go to start the PP. I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering the team (and player) involved.

Well it's not true so you can rest easy. The simple fact that it was Rau who took the cheap shot results in UND fans automatically dismissing it just shows a lack of objectivity. Announcer Rob Andringa immediately said it was a five and the replay confirmed it. And someone please explain to me the notion that a player can't take a cheap shot that results in a major but still be ok enough to play the next shift.

Miami and St. Cloud tied 1-1

Denver and Omaha tied 3-3

Ohio State beats Penn State 5-4 (OT)

Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan tied 3-3 (OT)

WMU beats Notre Dame 4-2

Providence beats Brown 3-2 (OT)

Mankato leads LSSU 5-3

Bemidji leads UAH 3-0

Wisconsin leads BU 3-1

Well it's not true so you can rest easy. The simple fact that it was Rau who took the cheap shot results in UND fans automatically dismissing it just shows a lack of objectivity. Announcer Rob Andringa immediately said it was a five and the replay confirmed it. And someone please explain to me the notion that a player can't take a cheap shot that results in a major but still be ok enough to play the next shift.

You're entitled to your opinion that it wasn't a sell job just like others are entitled to their opinion that it was. If you read my original comment, I said that the 5 was the right call but I didn't like the embellishment after the play.

Miami and St. Cloud tied 1-1

Denver and Omaha tied 3-3

Ohio State beats Penn State 5-4 (OT)

Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan tied 3-3 (OT)

WMU beats Notre Dame 4-2

Providence beats Brown 3-2 (OT)

Mankato leads LSSU 5-3

Bemidji leads UAH 3-0

Wisconsin leads BU 3-1

Denver was up 3-0 at one point.

Michigan had completely taken over that game in the 2nd period and it was carrying over into the 3rd. Seconds after going up 2-1, you're suggesting that the Wolverines would think that THAT was the ideal time to go out and send a message to Minnesota? Rau saw the hit coming and turned his body to the boards. Instead of keeping his head up, he ducked down helmet and face first into the boards.

How many times have we seen Kyle Rau draw that penalty in his career? He's either the most-hated player in the country or one hell of an actor.

I agree with you Rau got drilled from behind and I didn't think he really sold it at all. He bounced right back up and checked for blood on his face and looked like he was trying to shake it off it was an easy major call.

Speaking of embarrassing...how about the boys back in the studio talking about how there's just so much high end talent on this Gopher team that sometimes they just get bored. BORED! LOL!

That's why I never get too concerned when the gophers always supposedly have the best recruiting class, because the Sioux always seem to be right there with a mix of talent and competitiveness.

Great game. Things just aren't clicking for the Gophers. Played a very good road game and still lose. Good thing its early January. Knowing your team hasn't come close to peaking is exciting but also nerve racking wondering if it will happen.

On a side note, with all the talk of the BIG hockey conference being down there is still no doubt that it has two teams very capable of winning it all. And I really think it's as down as it can be.

There's no doubt?!?!?

...and those two teams would be?!?!?

Because I see 6 average to below average teams at this point.

• Upvote 1