SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

He didn't exactly take over a game at the WJC. ???

You can do it at the college level... at the national stage playing against the best U20 defenders in the world, not so much.

Especially if the USA ran everything through him allowing the opposition to key in on just shutting him down. If UND runs into BU in the NCAAs, I'd suggest we do the same. Almost like double teaming a huge WR in football.

He didn't exactly take over a game at the WJC. ???

Agree- think about a couple UND players who could really take over a game in college AND in the WJC- two names:  Parise and Toews.  Playing extremely well at the WJC is the tell as to whether a player can make it happen against the best in the world. 

Eichell didn't do that.  He's a very, very good player...but...

Agree- think about a couple UND players who could really take over a game in college AND in the WJC- two names:  Parise and Toews.  Playing extremely well at the WJC is the tell as to whether a player can make it happen against the best in the world. 

...he can still dominate a college game? You realize you just named off 2 of the best forwards in the NHL, right?

I'd be surprised if he's not, at minimum, a top 6 forward when he leaves BU for the show.

I honestly think he was trying to do too much.  Additionally, the US team was pretty young.  The team parise and Toews played on were not young.  Although I was not impressed with how eichel was playing, I could tell he was very very good.  He'll be a very good NHL player.

So the North Star Challenge is coming up...Bemidji State vs UMD and Mankato vs Minnesota...at least that's what I thought the schedule was. Aren't those the match-ups this year?

For attendance purposes UM-TC is being replaced by St. Cloud...fans have expressed desire to see "quality teams" in this years Challenge.

So the North Star Challenge is coming up...Bemidji State vs UMD and Mankato vs Minnesota...at least that's what I thought the schedule was. Aren't those the match-ups this year?

The Battle of the "peg leg" I see Mankato and Duluth playing in the 2:00pm championship game. 

You are correct mafiaman. The Mavs take on the gophers in the night game. I, personally, am cheering for a all-WCHA matchup on Saturday night, attendance be damned.

I'd like to see that as well - along with a UMD whoopin' of Minnesota in the 7:00pm 3rd place game on Saturday.

There is no "minnesota rule" for this tourney. 3:00 3rd place. 7:00 championship. Teams don't matter.

Except on Friday. 

You are correct mafiaman. The Mavs take on the gophers in the night game. I, personally, am cheering for a all-WCHA matchup on Saturday night, attendance be damned.

I'd like to see that as well - along with a UMD whoopin' of Minnesota in the 7:00pm 3rd place game on Saturday

Why would you want to see that?