SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

First time on GPL in months (all year maybe?) but couldn't resist tonight. This Goofer loss was just too sweet.

Here is  a rundown of selected comments: Just to save the rest of you from soiling your computers!:

Well, the players came back after losing in the title game last year and said they were on a mission. What they didn't tell us is the mission consisted of just showing up. To their credit just showing up nets you two banners from the Big 10 conference. After that they were done, mission accomplished.

Yep, fitting end to the season.......when the road gets bumpy, we turtle....... Of course the rugged, hi skill play of the big ten really sets the tone for tournament play.

This is what you get from playing in a weak conference. Playing in the Big Ten will slowly erode the quality of this program to average.

Your not battle hardened in the Big ten like you were in the WCHA.

Here's to hoping Cammarata defects this offseason, seriously question if he should be playing Men's or Women's

I mentioned a few times the last several weeks that they weren't playing well enough to beat a top 16 team and got ridiculed. We hadn't played a top 26 team in over 2 months, and though we were winning, in no way we're we dominating.

Not sure which was more difficult to watch? The butt whooping on the ice. Or, how small the crowd was at the Rink. If the game is not at the X, the NCAA looks foolish having 18K rinks 35% full.

Gophers deserve nothing other than to receive their Most Uninspiring Performance of the Tournament Award

What bothers me is little will happen in the off season. It'll be business is usual. Some new faces on the ice, same old excuses, happy with being contenders in a very average, unexciting conference, another quick exit in playoffs, look forward to next to season. Rinse and repeat.

Now that its over, my focus will be on wishing UND a slow, painful death, hopefully before the Frozen 4. The only good thing about tonight, for me anyway, is that we didn't lose to UND.

(feel the hate here?)

First time on GPL in months (all year maybe?) but couldn't resist tonight. This Goofer loss was just too sweet.

Here is a rundown of selected comments: Just to save the rest of you from soiling your computers!:

Well, the players came back after losing in the title game last year and said they were on a mission. What they didn't tell us is the mission consisted of just showing up. To their credit just showing up nets you two banners from the Big 10 conference. After that they were done, mission accomplished.

Yep, fitting end to the season.......when the road gets bumpy, we turtle....... Of course the rugged, hi skill play of the big ten really sets the tone for tournament play.

This is what you get from playing in a weak conference. Playing in the Big Ten will slowly erode the quality of this program to average.

Your not battle hardened in the Big ten like you were in the WCHA.

Here's to hoping Cammarata defects this offseason, seriously question if he should be playing Men's or Women's

I mentioned a few times the last several weeks that they weren't playing well enough to beat a top 16 team and got ridiculed. We hadn't played a top 26 team in over 2 months, and though we were winning, in no way we're we dominating.

Not sure which was more difficult to watch? The butt whooping on the ice. Or, how small the crowd was at the Rink. If the game is not at the X, the NCAA looks foolish having 18K rinks 35% full.

Gophers deserve nothing other than to receive their Most Uninspiring Performance of the Tournament Award

What bothers me is little will happen in the off season. It'll be business is usual. Some new faces on the ice, same old excuses, happy with being contenders in a very average, unexciting conference, another quick exit in playoffs, look forward to next to season. Rinse and repeat.

Now that its over, my focus will be on wishing UND a slow, painful death, hopefully before the Frozen 4. The only good thing about tonight, for me anyway, is that we didn't lose to UND.

(feel the hate here?)

Is that last post the don himself? Man he's still getting over that unhealthy rivalry! Hopefully he can figure this all out over the summer!

From that Gopher fan quoted above: "Now that its over, my focus will be on wishing UND a slow, painful death, hopefully before the Frozen 4. The only good thing about tonight, for me anyway, is that we didn't lose to UND."

I do not wish to visit the recesses of this guy's psyche. Or his basement. Ever. 

There's life. Then there's the distraction in life called hockey. Too often that line gets erased or blurred.

So this individual is still happy that his team left for the Big preTENder conference.    Good for him

From that Gopher fan quoted above: "Now that its over, my focus will be on wishing UND a slow, painful death, hopefully before the Frozen 4. The only good thing about tonight, for me anyway, is that we didn't lose to UND."

I do not wish to visit the recesses of this guy's psyche. Or his basement. Ever. 

There's life. Then there's the distraction in life called hockey. Too often that line gets erased or blurred.

GPL implodes.

Dinkytown in flames.

Film at 11. :p

And what would this place look like at 11 pm tonight following a Sioux loss to St C?

Rest assured, the negative nellies from Sector 2 who poked their heads out after the games last weekend will only burrow out of the ground again if UND loses tonight.

Oy, I said before the game this board would look just like GPL of the game last night had gone like last weekend.   I'm just grateful it didn't.   No one enjoys what happened to MN more than me, but last thing I'll do is gloat publicly at this point in the tournament.  Bad karma

And what would this place look like at 11 pm tonight following a Sioux loss to St C?

Rest assured, the negative nellies from Sector 2 who poked their heads out after the games last weekend will only burrow out of the ground again if UND loses tonight.

Absolutely no question about it.  And yet, I revel in the gopher lamentation while I can. 

Call it a weakness. 

There's really no point in cross-posting GPL content over here.  Focus on the Sioux.

Sorry about that.

However, this is a non-UND hockey comment site, so focusing on UND is also not quite "right".

Yeah, yeah   two wrongs don't make a right, but It was just saving others the awful feeling of opening that site!

Did Dinky Town survive the night?