SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Volleyball season

Dustin

UND looks very disorganized.  Idaho State seems to be able to hit at will.  Four of their players are over .500 for hitting.  Only Dooley and Pioske are at .300, everybody else, especially Moser, has had a poor game.  ISU has had six aces, with two dropping in because our players misjudged their distance.  We're hitting at an .062 clip, which says we aren't even in the game.

'

How do they determine who hosts the conference tournament? There are 2 divisions with a #1 seed from each bracket.

When it comes the tournament, the divisions don't have anything to do with it.  The top eight teams make the tournament, which is hosted by the school with the best overall conference record. 

Important win since that is the only game we have against Portland St. for the regular season. After the third set I thought "we shouldn't have lost", but after the fourth set I thought "we shouldn't have won!" I guess it all worked out. Nice way to close out the match with some domination.

3 blocks and 2 kills for Dooley in last ten points.  Wow talk about game changer.

Something up with Robinson, because pulled for Fontes. Then any mistake by Fontes she would immediately come back.  But then Fontes would always be back in.

Haven't seen many road matches, but I don't like how often we have to do a bump set.  I realize part of that is our setter covering on the backside and has to dig first hit.  We just don't seem to get many powerful spikes from our outsides.

Big crowd tonight.  Surprised it was under 1500.

Reffing was brutal on both sides.  The floor umpire loved his net calls and many questionable.  Also found it weird he overruled the line judge and said ball had been tipped during block when it's not what he's supposed to watch to my knowledge.

UND has got to get better hitting from the wings.  Fraase, the recruit from Shanley, may fit like a glove.  Thought Pioske would have a big year, but that really hasn't materialized yet.

Just a note that attendance is over 1000/match for this year, and with the season entering playoff mode, the attendance should only increase.  The Thursday night games were normally well under a 1000, so that's nice to see.  Six UND sports average over 1000 a game.  Not many Division I schools can say that.

Anyone know what the forecast is for Northern Arizona, how do we matchup?

I hope we can bring the energy right off the bat. Seems like once they start to show some emotion, get excited, everyone plays looser and things go well. Crowd needs to be ready to go from serve one. They really seem to feed off of a crowd getting into the match.

I have season tickets, and I think the crowd is a little more docile this year. It might because the crowd is missing the big swings from last year. No Munkeby or Parlich, and Robinson and Pioske aren't providing much excitement this year. Dooley is good, but she doesn't swing with authority yet, hopefully that is coming. I'm not writing this season off, but I am excited for Fraase to be here next year.