SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Volleyball season

Dustin

solid day on the service line for UND, I think they had 10 service aces.  Griffin had at least 4 of them.

Griffin started at setter and had a nice game.  She still has some freshman moments here or there but she has all the tool to be the heir apparent to Nikki, perhaps be better at the service line. 

One thing that really bother me was the first touch off SUU's serves, we didn't do very well in that department today and we need to shore that up.  I think we need to be more aggressive on that first touch.  I don't know if its seeing the ball or confidence, but we struggled badly in that department.

Better night for Lexi and Dooley keep on keeping on.

I think Pryor wanted to rest Pioske too, but after the 1st set he couldn't take it anymore and took out Fontes for Pioske. 

solid day on the service line for UND, I think they had 10 service aces. Griffin had at least 4 of them.

Griffin started at setter and had a nice game. She still has some freshman moments here or there but she has all the tool to be the heir apparent to Nikki, perhaps be better at the service line.

One thing that really bother me was the first touch off SUU's serves, we didn't do very well in that department today and we need to shore that up. I think we need to be more aggressive on that first touch. I don't know if its seeing the ball or confidence, but we struggled badly in that department.

Better night for Lexi and Dooley keep on keeping on.

I think Pryor wanted to rest Pioske too, but after the 1st set he couldn't take it anymore and took out Fontes for Pioske.

So why didn't Nikki play at all?

Pryor looks he should be a D3 wrestling coach...not a D1 VB coach.

I haven't figured out Pryor for game time coaching yet. He's definitely having trouble with the Robinson/Pioske/Fontes situation that Hardee never had. None of them seem to be the answer, and there's no one on the bench for that position. I hope he's recruiting that position hard.

I haven't figured out Pryor for game time coaching yet. He's definitely having trouble with the Robinson/Pioske/Fontes situation that Hardee never had. None of them seem to be the answer, and there's no one on the bench for that position. I hope he's recruiting that position hard.

I think he really tried to give Pioske the day off during the SUU game.  However, because Fontes wasn't getting it done offensively and SUU was directing their offense towards Fontest, Pryor didn't have much of a choice but to put the taller Pioske in.

Lexi looked a lot better today than against NAU, but this isn' the Lexi I am used to seeing.  Same with Anna. 

I felt like that match they had the most energy, were working together, looked pretty solid all around.

Still would like to see them more aggressive with kills, we spend a lot of time dinking it over when we should be crashing the floor with it. We have the strength and the numbers, if they are digging it up they should be feeling the pain.

ISU has to be the favorite to hose as they have only one loss.   Not likely to lose many more, only @ NAU and home to Portland St are possibilities.

UND on the other hand has three tough games that could be 'Ls':  at Idaho, at EWU and home aginst UNC.  Have to win all six games and hope ISU loses three.

Pioske and Robinson are versatile hitters, but were not designed by their body types to play smash ball at the net.  Munkeby and Parlich had the height and build to do that.  May Moser and Julia K can grow into the role, as well as Fraase and Spacek.

Northern Colorado went to Portland State last night and swept them.  The Bears are really coming on strong, and have already swept UND.  Saturday's game will be a big one for UND if they are to remain relevent this season.  ISU took a commanding lead in the conference race with a 3-2 win over NAU.  Bengals are now 10-1, and virtually a lock to host the tournament.