SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

Put a fork in the Wild. They are done. Suter can go back being suspended. I realize his dad passed away earlier and he had the mumps but dang he is terrible right now.

Playing way too many minutes for how poorly he is current playing.

Was on the ice for all 3 goals again last night. Played 30 minutes despite looking terrible. Yeo needs to cut his minutes closer to the 20 minutes not 30.

Yeo seems to scared to play all 3 pairs once they get down a goal even though the top pair has been the one on the ice for a lot of goals lately. I think they are better when they role 3 pairs and really like the way the young guys like Dumba and Folin have been playing the last few games. Yeo doesn't seem to really trust the young players and I think that is a huge problem I wouldn't be surprised if he puts in Prosser tonight for Dumba or Folin even though they haven't been bad at all it would just be a typical Yeo move. 

• Upvote 1

Yeo seems to scared to play all 3 pairs once they get down a goal even though the top pair has been the one on the ice for a lot of goals lately. I think they are better when they role 3 pairs and really like the way the young guys like Dumba and Folin have been playing the last few games. Yeo doesn't seem to really trust the young players and I think that is a huge problem I wouldn't be surprised if he puts in Prosser tonight for Dumba or Folin even though they haven't been bad at all it would just be a typical Yeo move. 

Russo already announced that Prosser is in for Dumba  :sad:

Agree on the coaching style.   Contrast that with the way two of the best bench coaches - Babcock and Quenneville - put their young players in spots they can succeed in, and if something bad happens, they get sent back out there to get it right.

So, the Wild come back from a 4-1 deficit to tie Paint Drying. Of course, the Drying Paint wins the skills competition, but it was a moral victory. The Wild showed a lot of character tonight.

LOL! A day after losing 3-1 to Columbus, the Wild have suddenly found "character"?

Hard to fault Dubnyk too much the Wild did a much better job screening him and tipping pucks on him than they ever did on the Detroit goalie last night.

Agreed, those included a couple of greasy goals.  He's also in somewhat unfamiliar territory - from backup to starting 4 games in a row, including back to back nights and 3 in 4 days.  He's a pro and should be prepared, but it's quite the change in routine for him.  Fortunately, Kuemper looked OK in relief, so maybe they can go back to rolling two goalies.