SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

All (potential) matchups for Saturday and Sunday have a start time.....except Wild game. Entertaining thoughts about going but tough to try to make definite plans when I don't know when the game starts!

All (potential) matchups for Saturday and Sunday have a start time.....except Wild game. Entertaining thoughts about going but tough to try to make definite plans when I don't know when the game starts!

Sounds like a great excuse for a weekend pass if you ask me...

"Well, honey, I HAVE to be there by 10:00 am Saturday and probably won't be home until 5:00 am Monday morning - they still don't have the web site updated so I have to make sure I'm there!"

Well, the Islanders revenge fight against Wilson (WAS) didn't go so well. Lee (NYI) threw the first punch and got the takedown, but spent the rest of the fight bashing his head into Wilson's fist.

Laich (WAS) also managed to draw back-to-back 10-minute game misconducts/ejections by getting slashed twice by two different players during a faceoff in the 3rd.

It's not clear the Islanders emotions were helping them last night. Hoping for more of the same on Saturday.

It's not clear the Islanders emotions were helping them last night. Hoping for more of the same on Saturday.

The effects of the more physical Caps* are starting to wear on the NYI. 

*There's a phrase I never thought I'd be typing. 

Allen has done a fine job, I just meant that before the series started I thought it was odd that they wouldn't go with the more experienced goaltender in Elliott considering that they had very similar productivity throughout the regular season. My personal feeling regarding starting goaltenders in postseason play is never start the guy with less experience unless his productivity all season long has been significantly better than the guy with more experience. Sorry, should have clarified that point when I made the comment.

Hitchcock going with his "gut" on that one.  :)  :D

Pens/Rangers Game 5 tonight. Not overconfident by any means but at least the Pens (unlike their arch rivals in both Boston and Philly) are still playing hockey on 4/24.

Will you be in attendance on opening night this fall when Pittsburgh raises the "We made the playoffs in 2014-2015 and Boston and Philadelphia didn't" banner to the rafters?

• Upvote 1