SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Like what?

The United States Department of Agriculture plays a large role in the administration of federal land-grant funds and the coordination of agricultural land-grant activities at the national level. The USDA's Cooperative State Research Service (CSRS), for example, administers both Hatch Act and Morrill-Nelson funds. A portion of the Hatch Act funding supports regional research, enabling scientists to collaborate and coordinate activities and thus avoid duplication of research efforts. The Extension Service of the USDA administers Smith-Lever funding, cooperating with state governments (which also provide funding for extension programs) to set priorities and facilitate the sharing of information within the entire Cooperative Extension System. Because the 1890 land-grants do not receive Hatch Act or Smith-Lever funds, special programs have been created to help finance agricultural research and extension at these institutions. The Evans-Allen program supports agricultural research with funds equal to at least 15% of Hatch Act appropriations. Another program funds extension activities at the 1890 land-grants with an emphasis on reaching socially and economically disadvantaged people.

Source: http://ext.wsu.edu/documents/landgrant.pdf

How's that.

False. The reason they were kicked out of the AAU is because that organization considered some of their research dollars to be awarded from grants they deemed non-competitive. It had nothing to do with 'broad-based' research.

Per the WSJ, the agricultural grants were the ones that were non-competitive plus their medical school wasn't being counted hurting them even more. The wording may not have been correct, but the premise behind it is more accurate than you're admitting.

But for several years, Nebraska has lagged behind most others on the criteria for membership — primarily competitive research financing and the share of faculty in the National Academies, which issues policy reports and advice.

And as a land-grant institution, Nebraska has about a quarter of its faculty involved in agriculture and extension work, and most financing for agricultural research is noncompetitive and so does not count heavily in the group’s ranking.

It amazes me the obsession that ndsu trolls have with UND. Especially when they constantly refer to UND as a non-rival. While at Oregon the interest by Oregon State trolls was nowhere near the obsession they have in Fargo. By the way, I noticed there is a huge UND footprint in Fargo just blocks away from the ndsu campus. It's UND medical teaching facility at the Fargo V.A. A huge UND banner on the west wall. Thank you UND for supporting our veterans.

Nothing higher quality than the VA! I jest. My sister is a pharmacist there

so now we are nitpicking where the research dollars are coming from? Talk about moving the goalposts to suit your agenda!

Not moving the goalposts, giving context to the information presented. I never denied NDSU's ranking; I pointed out what it means.

NDSU is applying for research funds from a larger pool than UND can. That NDSU would spend more on research, as it can draw from a larger funds pool, would seem a reasonably logical outcome.

Well at least the one thing GT is consistent on is moving the goal posts. "I know I offered one thing, but what I actually meant was something different." First the home/home and now the guarantee amount to something that is beyond laughable considering what one time guarantee games are going for. I'm guess GT is going to have to cough up around double what he's trying to offer Faison to fill their open date in 2015.

I hope Faison is done trying to work with him, its clear that GT has zero intention of negotiating with even a shred of good faith.

125,000.00 Ahhhh Is that a typo? ???? ???? ??? If not then I am very surprised he offered that much. LOL LOL Ok guys just kidding. :)

If its not a typo then I am shocked at the low offer.

I'm not. UND/Faison has ZERO bargaining power, ZERO.

It appears GT has none either since a contract hasn't been signed nor are they anywhere close to reaching an agreement.

THIS! Can't stand that fucking talking point. And they call us arrogant...

Laughable. It not so much bargaining power GT lacks but, rahter, give a sh*t factor in whether NDSU plays UND or not.

If that's the case then why doesn't he man up and come out and say that instead of telling Izzo that they are still negotiating.

Laughable. It not so much bargaining power GT lacks but, rahter, give a sh*t factor in whether NDSU plays UND or not.

If he didn't give a !@#$, the game would be scheduled, because it's logical to play a team an hour away.

• Upvote 1

Then why doesn't he man up and come out and say that instead of telling Izzo that they are still negotiating.

I didn't say he has no interest, as the 2015 game in Fargo would help fill our schedule, but I don't believe his interest it that high, hence the lower number now that only one game in Fargo is being discussed and hence the "still negotiating" commment. Having two dates filled with two games in Fargo is worth more, while a home and home is actually a financial negative for NDSU as we would either have to give up a home game that season or forego playing and FBS guarantee game.