SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

A simple home and home; the one Faison agreed to when Taylor proposed it.

When is the last time UND hockey has agreed to a home and home series with Holy Cross, Alabama Huntsville, Merrimack, etc? They haven't because while the label of Division 1 hockey may be the same they are not at the same level. The same reasoning goes with NDSU's scheduling of UND in football. While they may both be labeled FCS, they are not on the same level. If you want to play them, you agree to it on NDSU's terms. Just like UND's OOC hockey opponents.

A lot easier to get games when you are not perceived as a difficult opponent

Maybe its your AD that is the problem. UND is more than willing so you sound more lame than anything else with that excuse.

• Upvote 1

But you are having MAJOR problems filling your stadium.

Yep, and we hopefully addressed that with a new head coach. That has more to do with a couple average/poor seasons than not having FU on the schedule.

When is the last time UND hockey has agreed to a home and home series with Holy Cross, Alabama Huntsville, Merrimack, etc? They haven't because while the label of Division 1 hockey may be the same they are not at the same level. The same reasoning goes with NDSU's scheduling of UND in football. While they may both be labeled FCS, they are not on the same level. If you want to play them, you agree to it on NDSU's terms. Just like UND's OOC hockey opponents.

^^^^ T H I S I S T H E S T A T U S O F U N D F O O T B A L L .

Deal with it.

The same reasoning goes with NDSU's scheduling of UND in football. While they may both be labeled FCS, they are not on the same level. If you want to play them, you agree to it on NDSU's terms.

So UND is not on the same level as 2-10 Weber State? UND is not on the same level as DII Ferris State? UND is not on the same level as GWFC UND when Taylor first proposed playing every other year. NDSU was 3-8 in 09 I think UND was obviously over that level.

• Upvote 1

In case you are in the "cities" watching your softball team and can't get Internet let me tell people on the board that your team lost 4-1 to the Goofs. Game three is tonight.

Update: Auburn knocks Bison out of the tournament.

• Upvote 2

My brother went to MSU and is not a fan of either team but lives in Fargo. He lit up Gene a couple of years ago at a fundraiser for not playing UND. Gene got mad and asked him why he cared. My brother told him that as a taxpayer he was paying the additional cost to bring in teams for home games and to travel to places like Weber St. and Montana when playing UND would cost essentially nothing.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit I've been reading this thread -- my team, the Jackrabbits, has nothing to do with the dispute. Anyway, while I will not pretend to understand what the heck's going on in the dispute, the above post puzzled me. I am generally familiar with funding sources for athletics at SDSU and USD and it does not involve money from tax revenues. The poster quoted above states his brother has the basis to complain because he's a taxpayer -- suggesting tax revenues in North Dakota support athletics at UND and NDSU. I understand that is the case in some places (UNI, for example, at least in the recent past, received direct tax-revenue-support for its athletics programs). Do tax revenues directly support athletics at UND or NDSU? (Perhaps the point is nothing more than because they are institutions that receive some public support, all taxpayers have the right to question anything that goes on at the institutions...fair enough if that's the point but the way it was presented suggests tax revenues are supporting athletics. I didn't think that was the case in ND any more than it is the case in SD.)

I'm a little embarrassed to admit I've been reading this thread -- my team, the Jackrabbits, has nothing to do with the dispute. Anyway, while I will not pretend to understand what the heck's going on in the dispute, the above post puzzled me. I am generally familiar with funding sources for athletics at SDSU and USD and it does not involve money from tax revenues. The poster quoted above states his brother has the basis to complain because he's a taxpayer -- suggesting tax revenues in North Dakota support athletics at UND and NDSU. I understand that is the case in some places (UNI, for example, at least in the recent past, received direct tax-revenue-support for its athletics programs). Do tax revenues directly support athletics at UND or NDSU? (Perhaps the point is nothing more than because they are institutions that receive some public support, all taxpayers have the right to question anything that goes on at the institutions...fair enough if that's the point but the way it was presented suggests tax revenues are supporting athletics. I didn't think that was the case in ND any more than it is the case in SD.)

Great time for my man Hammersmith or a UND equivalent to come in and drop a breakdown of taxation regarding collegiate athletics regarding the two big schools in North Dakota.

I don't believe that North Dakota supports athletics programs via direct state dollars. The support is based on indirect dollars called "institutional support" and I believe that is what he is talking about. All of the large public schools in both North and South Dakota do a very nice job of raising money to minimize the public dollars. I am sure that there have been emergency cases were direct dollars where needed like the Dakota Dome roof collapse.

USA Today did an analysis of college sports about a year ago. They don't break down where the subsidies come from except to say they are from student fees and school/state support and they report that only 23 out of 228 D1 sports programs are self sufficient. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2013/05/07/ncaa-finances-subsidies/2142443/

For 2012 the numbers for NDSU $16.8 million in expenses funded in part by $7.2 million in subsidies - 43%.

For 2012 UND had $20 million in expenses and $9.2 million in subsidies - 48%.

There is zero reason why UND should take a below market guarantee to get this game started. $190K for a game in Fargo? That's less than they pay the Ferris State's of the world. If they want to pay UND a guarantee, it should be at $300K-$400k minimum. That's what UND gets for an FBS guarantee and I'd much rather have us to do two of those in a season than take below market guarantee to do a favor for NDSU.

This just proves what we've known all along, which is that Gene Taylor is as big a POS as the majority of their fanbase.

So what would UND pay NDSU to come to GF? NDSU grosses approx 450,000.00 on tickets sales alone. UND approx 190,000.00. So why would NDSU want to come to GF? Now they could work out a deal like Iowa and Iowa State did when the there was a huge seating disparity between the two.

Other than that my suggestion is for BF to take the deal. Two games in Fargo to start and get the ball rolling. Once the games are started it would be very difficult to stop playing after that.

BF screwed the pooch earlier. Tell him not to make the same mistake if you really want the rivalry to be renewed.

So what would UND pay NDSU to come to GF? NDSU grosses approx 450,000.00 on tickets sales alone. UND approx 190,000.00. So why would NDSU want to come to GF? Now they could work out a deal like Iowa and Iowa State did when the there was a huge seating disparity between the two.

Other than that my suggestion is for BF to take the deal. Two games in Fargo to start and get the ball rolling. Once the games are started it would be very difficult to stop playing after that.

BF screwed the pooch earlier. Tell him not to make the same mistake if you really want the rivalry to be renewed.

He did earlier but now GT is getting the sloppy seconds by changing the original deal he (Taylor) set up 2015 in Fargo and 2017 in GF. The price of the home and home should be the price they agreed upon with Weber State.

He did earlier but now GT is getting the sloppy seconds by changing the original deal he (Taylor) set up 2015 in Fargo and 2017 in GF. The price of the home and home should be the price they agreed upon with Weber State.

Weber has nothing to do with this scenario. If you want to renew the rivalry take the deal. You can do all the mental masturbation you want but thats not on the table. Take the deal to get the game started.

Weber has nothing to do with this scenario. If you want to renew the rivalry take the deal. You can do all the mental masturbation you want but thats not on the table. Take the deal to get the game started.

Weber has everything to do with it. If you want to renew the rivalry sign the home and home and don't keep changing the Terms that you originally set up. I bet if Muss was the coach GT would've signed it. Maybe he knows Bubba is going to turn the program around and threatens NDSU's state reign. Could it be 1993 all over again?

Weber has everything to do with it. If you want to renew the rivalry sign the home and home and don't keep changing the Terms that you originally set up. I bet if Muss was the coach GT would've signed it. Maybe he knows Bubba is going to turn the program around and threatens NDSU's state reign. Could it be 1993 all over again?

What does Weber have to do with UND

For someone who claims they don't troll much you are sure making up for it. We are happy with our schedule and it seems you are happy playing Weber State and the School of Immaculate Conception - it's the media that's making the big deal. Let's see who Taylor ends up getting and paying to fill those holes all to avoid playing UND. The joke is by the time the game does get scheduled the playing field will be much more level in more ways than one.

What does Weber have to do with UND

The fact he will sign a H/H with a team worse than UND for more money than it would to sign a H/H with UND makes him more of a pathetic, hypocrite, and a major douchbag. I really hope BF fills those years with someone else, then when UND beats NDSU in the playoffs between now and 2017 deny GT a rematch until the playoffs. NDSU is not FBS and don't hold all the cards over UND. Both are FCS counters and are on equal footing.

:silly: :silly:

For someone who claims they don't troll much you are sure making up for it. We are happy with our schedule and it seems you are happy playing Weber State and the School of Immaculate Conception - it's the media that's making the big deal. Let's see who Taylor ends up getting and paying to fill those holes all to avoid playing UND. The joke is by the time the game does get scheduled the playing field will be much more level in more ways than one.

So you think exchanging ideas about the current situation is trolling???? Ok you go with that. :whistling:

UND has 2 road OOC games in 2017, no way does UND accept an away game even if it's against the Bison.

:silly: :silly:

Well why would GT change the terms all of a sudden? If it's about money why would GT agree to a H/H in 15 and 17, all that needed to be done is things like media, and tickets. Obviously he wanted it but now with Bubba at the helm things change...hmmm.

The fact he will sign a H/H with a team worse than UND for more money than it would to sign a H/H with UND makes him more of a pathetic, hypocrite, and a major douchbag. I really hope BF fills those years with someone else, then when UND beats NDSU in the playoffs between now and 2017 deny GT a rematch until the playoffs. NDSU is not FBS and don't hold all the cards over UND. Both are FCS counters and are on equal footing.

You can call all the names you want and it wont make any difference in how this plays out. If you want to renew the rivalry---you take the deal. If you dont want to renew the rivalry---dont take the deal. Thats what it comes down to at this juncture.

So.... Because he signed a home and home your mad? Cute.