SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Wisconsin

The Sicatoka

Is there anything more dangerous than a wounded (swept) Badger?

After their weekend in Minneapolis I suspect Eaves' team should have a fun week of practice. Then again, after another Saturday of looking slower (than Friday) and losing races to the puck (later in the game) I'm not so sure the Sioux shouldn't have some trips around their practice rink as well.

Should make for some interesting games.

On a related note:

Fox Sports Net Wisconsin will be broadcasting the game (Direct TV 642).

Bemidji State will be at Minnesota so of course that'll be on FSN across ND. :)

Is there any way to get FSN to put the UND at UW game on across ND?

Is is too late to cut a deal and get the FSN Wisconsin feed onto the Fighting Sioux Sports Network?

I would think that with the resources REA has, they could get the Wisconsin FSN feed to Sioux Sports, they should do that for all away games IMO. As far as the MN feed, that won't happen as they as you know have a contract with the Gophers. Looking for the Sioux to sweep oin Mad-town! Go Sioux!

Well I for one am pulling (*shudder* :) ) for UND to sweep the Red MENACE from the east (not BU).

The things that you have going for you are:

your speed

your multi-line scoring ability

BADger penalty draw

PP kill (if it is as good as it was against us)

Things against you:

The Kohl Center: fans are VERY cohesive and CAN affect the game

BADgers trying to get back on track

UND penalty draw

The penatlies and reffing definitely could affect the game for your guys, hopefully you can stay outa the box and take 4 from them!

WPoS

I am not a fan of posting stuff from other boards and then taking shots at it, so that is not my intention here at all. I found this Badger fan summary of UND, and I think it's funny. Good rivalry stuff, IMO, if you are in a mood to not be offended.

------------------------------------

Current Record: 19-3-3, .820 (WCHA: 13-2-3, 29 pts.)

Location: Grand Forks, N.D. (founded: 1883) (flooded numerous times since then)

Enrollment: 11,500 (not counting sheep)

Nickname: Fighting Sioux (real effing PC there boys!)

Colors: Green and White (green and white? are you kidding me? what, LIME green and EGGSHELL white?)

Conference Affiliation: WCHA

Head Coach: Dean Blais (Minnesota '77)(son of bezelbub)

Assistant Coaches: Dave Hakstol, Brad Berry (sodom and gemorrah)

Captain: Andy Schneider (awaiting pardon from govenor)

Assistant Captain: David Lundbohm, Ryan Hale (convicts)

Athletic Director: Roger Thomas (son to wendy's founder Dave Thomas, but Dave chose to only reconize wendy as his only offspring)

Home Arena: Ralph Engelstad Arena (built: 2001) (hell hole)

Capacity: 11,500 (again, not counting sheep)

Rink Dimensions: 200x85

Arena Address: One Ralph Engelstad Arena Drive; Grand Forks, ND 58203

Ticket Information: (701) 777-2236

Radio Station: KQHT 96.1 FM (Internet Broadcast)

Press Coverage

Local Media: Grand Forks Herald

Student Paper: Dakota Student

(I am not even going to touch this one)

According to USCHO (if you call this a credible source): It is going to be on FSN-Wisconsin and not on in Minnesota or ND.

As for patching it through, not only would I be surprised if they did, I would be surprised if they ever would with dataflix. Remember, if it is televised then they lose out on the home crowd. So, no, unless REA drops the dataflix webcast, we'll never watch another away hockey game on television except for when we play the Gophers and perhaps an occasional UW series like last season, but that is even questionable.

Sorry folks,

If we play with the same intensity we played against Minnie, we should do alright. I wasn't overly impressed by Wisco most of the weekend. Minnie generally took the game to them and won most of the races for the puck. If we play a strong offensive game, and forecheck the s**t out of them, we should control the games. Wisco looks pretty chippy, but no more than any other WCHA team. We need to hit them every time they get on the puck and create turnovers. I'm not overly worried about our goaltending or defense. However, I am worried about our guys showing up to play, rather than win. ;):)

The Kohl center is definitely a hostile environment, probably more so than Mariucci as there won't be as many Sioux supporters in Madison as there were at Mariucci. Now is the time for the team to start to turn it up a level. We are getting close to the home stretch and the Sioux need to really come out flying this weekend and not give the Badgers any hope. I hope Brandt can come out and give a good performance in goal to keep his confidence up. I expect he will start Friday with Parise playing Sat. unless Brandt is outstanding Fri. We need to keep some distance from Duluth as the late February series when the Sioux travel to the DECC will be a huge series and we want to have a little margin for error.

I would think that with the resources REA has, they could get the Wisconsin FSN feed to Sioux Sports, they should do that for all away games IMO. As far as the MN feed, that won't happen as they as you know have a contract with the Gophers. Looking for the Sioux to sweep oin Mad-town! Go Sioux!

Last season the games were on in Grand Forks on Channel 23, maybe someone is looking into doing that again. I am sure there will be a few bars in town that will be broadcasting the games...

I'd guess road broadcasts on FSSN will not happen as long as dataflix exists.

WDAZ has the series at Duluth on the schedule. Don't guess the REA will add that broadcast to FSSN. Same with the BB doubleheader against the Bison this weekend.

I have satellite Direct TV and often get the Wisconsin Fox TV coverage of the Badgers (I'm in western ND). According to what I have read, the Friday game between the Sioux and Badgers will be carried on the Wisconsin Fox Network (it's right next to the station that carries the Gophers hockey games, which is channel 641). The Saturday game is listed as being carried on "UPN WPT," whatever that means. I think it means that I won't see the Saturday game from Madison.

More outstanding work from the badger board. Maybe it's because they haven't been very competitive in the last few years, but the UND fans' hatred of the Badgers seems a little subdued.

http://pub104.ezboard.com/fbadgermaniacsbadgerhockeyboard

-------------------------------------

I am hockey fan,

Hockeyfan I am.

I do not like the hockey club from North Dakota,

I do not like them one iota.

I do not like the fighting Sioux,

I do not like them anywho.

I did not like to see them

When we played at the coliseum.

Now I do not like them at the Kohl,

When our record is .500 and below.

I am hockey fan,

Hockeyfan I am.

Got my cable modem just in time! :huh:

Quick question here for people who have cable modem or DSL. I've been thinking about getting one of the two, and would like some feedback from people who already have them. Cost is a big issue with me as I am a poor college student. :p

Cheapest? Best providers? Etc?

Thanks