SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Wisconsin

The Sicatoka

This time of the season is also when other teams start to clean their golf clubs.  If they lose tonight, they'd better start checking greens fees. 

Geez Scott. Much of what you say has some validity. Of course they will gut check, and bounce back, if not tonight, then in the weeks ahead. If they do not, then we all become more productive at home, work, and school.

That being said, I think that conventional wisdom around the league has people believing that we don't clean golf clubs and check green fees in the off season, we sharpen our sugar beet hoes and check the turnip wagon schedule.

All the more incentive to play as long into the season as we can.

This team is a solid team and will be fine. The Dean and The Dave will accept nothing less.

I predict a BIG win tonight, and then maybe we can all pencil the Sioux in on our dance cards again, eh?

Stop the naysays.

Every team in the WCHA has the ability to beat any other team on a given night. Nobody should take any team in the league for granted, and I think that's what the Sioux did Friday when they jumped out to a quick lead. Let's hope they don't make that mistake again for the remainder of the season.

The loss to Wisconsin isn't a bad thing...yet. This was a good time to lose a game if they were going to lose one. The Sioux still have alot of games left to start up another good streak before the playoffs. HOWEVER, tonight will be the big test. They have to come out from the first period and completely dominate the Badgers. No let downs in the second period. They need to come out strong and play a solid game with J Par in the net.

If J Par plays well tonight and gets the W I don't see him going away. We need to find a steady goalie to ride through the playoffs. I don't care what people say about having two decent goalies being a good thing. It might be during the regular season but it rarely works in the playoffs (the Wild are about the only team). A team needs consistency when going into the playoffs.

No disrespect to Jaker but you have to win and he didn't. It's not a bad thing to be a backup goalie anyway. In my opinion it's one of the most important positions on the team. You can't have some headcase as your backup. The backup goalie probably has to be the most mentally tough player on the team. I'm sure Jaker will get another shot to prove himself but you have to go with J Par for now.

J Par is our man!

That being said, I think that conventional wisdom around the league has people believing that we don't clean golf clubs and check green fees in the off season, we sharpen our sugar beet hoes and check the turnip wagon schedule.

LOL. ;):p:lol:

My calendar still has you heading this way to watch the Sioux advance to Beantown.

Don't forget. Today is a sacred day. No way we lose tonight.

Geez Scott. Much of what you say has some validity. Of course they will gut check, and bounce back, if not tonight, then in the weeks ahead. If they do not, then we all become more productive at home, work, and school.

As Herbie Brooks once noted, "Winning is a habit, and so is losing." In my book losing is unacceptable. Losses happen, but the habit is easy to get into. I remember last season's slide and the slouch into the Regionals. I do not want this team to believe that anything less than winning every night they play is the standard.

As Herbie Brooks once noted, "Winning is a habit, and so is losing." In my book losing is unacceptable. Losses happen, but the habit is easy to get into. I remember last season's slide and the slouch into the Regionals. I do not want this team to believe that anything less than winning every night they play is the standard.

This is why I like Scott. ;) Anything less then a win is unacceptable. No excuses, they have to win tonight and they know it. I think they will.

the reason that loss seems, and is unacceptable is because to lots of sioux fans it is a visible decline....we beat CC...come out the next night and cant muster out more than one goal?? we managed to get the tie, but obviously didnt perform like teh previous night......then we go to Wisconsin..and LOSE to them!? blais better be kickin @ss and takin names..cuz they need to get it into gear...THIS is where playing good hockey counts most...sure being #1 through the season is a defenite advantage..as a confidence booster..but when seedings, and final tournaments approach..it counts most to play the best hockey

I don't think that this team is making a habit of losing, or that it intends to make a habit of losing. What, we have four losses in 25 or so games? Hardly a habit.

This is the WCHA, and we were on the road. Give me the last time, if ever, a team, even championship teams, waltzed through the WCHA without five or six losses.

I won't even hit the panic button if we lose again tonight. However, as noted elsewhere, the V is Guaranteed tonight.

In either of those years, did the WCHA have 6 teams in the top 12 in the pairwise like it does this year? I doubt it.

Also, with 9 games left, I'll take all comers that doubt the Sioux will finish at least 6-3 or 7-2.

Hey Spackler, you got a pool over there or, better yet, any of that special grass you've been been working on?

I'm much calmer now.

My apologies to everyone including CRR and UMD. Got a little too pissed off.

Yes, BC tied Merrimack (the same team that gives Maine fits along with Providence every year). They play again on Sunday against BU so it would be a close game.

IF we win tommorrow and BC loses, we could keep #1. If not, I do not anticipate falling beyond #3 due to our strength of schedule and the fact that most of the others in the top ten are playing non conference or less powerful teams. BTW Maine squeaked by Alabama Hunstville 1-0.

It isn't over yet. Brandt didn't do too badly, he just needs to make better decisions handling the puck against teams that love to play the odds on clearing passes regardless of how many men are on the ice (5x5, 5x4, and so on). I hope JPar doesn't do the same thing tommorrow.

I can't stand seeing us lose especially like that.

I would like to apologize as well. I should not have posted such an inflammitory comment (it was not meant that way), especially so soon after the loss. Sorry guys, I just got carried away. Got get those BADgers tonight!!

Lots o' anger amongst the Sioux faithful, which is good and healthy. I suspect the team is even more bitter about last nite's collapse; but let's keep our perspective and not panic. I have to admit to being a bit disappointed in DB's public undressing of Brandt, but let the team sort that out. I'm also a bit concerned about the Sioux not protecting 3rd period leads like a vicious dog does a bone. But let's not forget the name Hukalo. Remember David Hukalo? He was the guy who scored OT goals for Sconny on consecutive nights a few years back in Madison. Here's the box scores for those who don't remember:

Friday, Jan. 14, 2000

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20000114&vi...ome=uw&gender=m

Saturday, Jan. 15, 2000

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20000115&vi...ome=uw&gender=m

...and we all remember what happened to KG and the Sioux in March and April of 2000 ;) .

Keep the faith...we all have a long way to go before the book is written on this season. Tonight's game may have a lot to say about how the Sioux want that book to end.

Lots o' anger amongst the Sioux faithful, which is good and healthy. I suspect the team is even more bitter about last nite's collapse; but let's keep our perspective and not panic. I have to admit to being a bit disappointed in DB's public undressing of Brandt, but let the team sort that out. I'm also a bit concerned about the Sioux not protecting 3rd period leads like a vicious dog does a bone. But let's not forget the name Hukalo. Remember David Hukalo? He was the guy who scored OT goals for Sconny on consecutive nights a few years back in Madison. Here's the box scores for those who don't remember:

Friday, Jan. 14, 2000

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20000114&vi...ome=uw&gender=m

Saturday, Jan. 15, 2000

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20000115&vi...ome=uw&gender=m

...and we all remember what happened to KG and the Sioux in March and April of 2000 ;) .

Keep the faith...we all have a long way to go before the book is written on this season. Tonight's game may have a lot to say about how the Sioux want that book to end.

Interesting stuff. Notice in both of these games it was the Sioux who staged a late comeback before losing in OT. I'll take another OT loss tonight and another ring in April. :p