SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Wisconsin

The Sicatoka

Quick question here for people who have cable modem or DSL. I've been thinking about getting one of the two, and would like some feedback from people who already have them. Cost is a big issue with me as I am a poor college student. :p

Cheapest? Best providers? Etc?

Thanks

I guess the first question would be, where do you live?

They have more titles than us, 7 to 5

But ours were all in the era of our lives. (mine at least)

You see, they have won many titles long ago,

When the number of schools playing was very low.

Oh, the next season, we would hoist up a banner

To join the other five that arose with a ladder.

Quick question here for people who have cable modem or DSL. I've been thinking about getting one of the two, and would like some feedback from people who already have them. Cost is a big issue with me as I am a poor college student. :p

Cheapest? Best providers? Etc?

Thanks

I have cable modem through Midcontinent. I think it is really reasonable. You can now get a package deal if you have your tv through them or now their new phone service.

Redwing do you have a clue what you are talking about??? Cable has more options overall, than dsl does, it's just that midco's basic line is that much farther ahead of everyone else.

Midco high speed basic 256k upload = $34 a month 500k upload = $50 a month

Currently in GF Quest is teamed up with MSN to provide dsl service. The problem with this is that MSN is a major corporation and doesn't provide the best service, tends to cut out a times.

My recomendation is go with midco's basic for $34 a month. And if you plan on having more than one computer hooked up to is, you will need a router with a 4 port switch to hook to your cable modem.

I had DSL with Qwest for about 6 months. Spotty speed and tech support. My understanding it it's worse if you use another ISP, such as Earthlink or MSN, on top of Qwest's lines. I moved to cable with Road Runner, got a good cell phone/plan, dropped Qwest DSL and land line, and never looked back. I have nothing but praise for cable, but make sure whatever high speed connection you get you bolster it with a good firewall and updated virus protection.

BTW:

ABDEAD_BADGER_IN_ROAD.jpg

The question is, what is the download speed?

It's interesting that on MidcoNet's Web site, I can find nothing stating what their download speed is for residential service. Using the speed tests on dslreports.com, MidcoNet download speed at home is usually between 1,000 kbps and 3,000 kbps.

I had Qwest DSL service for over a year. While DSL has some advantages over cable modem service, the main reasons I switched to MidcoNet were because of the cost (twice as expensive) and poor tech support. I've been quite happy with MidcoNet since making the switch.

I have midconet $33 package. my download speed during busy hours is usually between 1800-2000 kbps. Faster, obviously when I am surfing in the middle of the night :huh: You can buy or rent the cable modem through Midco. Renting is an extra $10/ month. Since you can buy them for $150 or less it is a lot cheaper in the long run to buy one.

**if you're looking to do it soon BestBuy has one Free after rebates in this weeks flyer. $79.99 up front

Both groups have been ultimately have had an impact on both teams but with what they bring, they bring a different type of things so their group of freshman have brought their skills and abilities and played to those and our group of freshman have done the same.

Is that a direct quote?? Eaves sounds like he's fumbling a bit with his words.

"they bring a different type of things"......very specific

"both groups have been ultimately have had an impact"

My English prof would tear this to shreads.

Thanks for the responses guys, helps me out. :huh:

I was leaning toward Midco cable modem, but just wanted to get some feedback on it first.

Thanks again.

You better check things out, because you may not be able to get either. I lived at the Mule Barn (on Dyke Ave) a block from the EERC and there was nothing that you could get over there. They hadn't laid any lines as of last spring.

Mentioning quotes, I'm surprised this one hasn't received more chatter:

On Feb. 6-7, North Dakota plays a series at Wisconsin that could determine whether one of the schools wins the WCHA title. Parise, Murray and Stafford will face Eaves, along with World Junior teammates Jeff Likens and Ryan Suter.

"Obviously, we're very friendly with the Wisconsin players and the coaches," Stafford said. "But once the puck drops, it's just another team with different jersey."

With a sly smile, Murray added, "It's going to be a fun series. I can't wait. We know their system."

From The (Golden) Boys Are Back In Town