SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2014-15 season

Frozen4sioux

Who was cursed in the pig10

Gophers were picked to win the league if thats what your asking.  It's almost impossible to envision anyone else winning the BIG this year.  UW is down, MSU, OSU, and PSU just aren't there yet.  Michigan may challenge but that's doubtful.  It won't be a very strong conference, at least it's looking that way now but who knows.

It's bad luck to be superstitious. 

Many people are superstitious, I have to have three golf balls when I play golf, one for the course and two for my pocket. I also must have at least five tee's in my pocket. I can't play without my golf shoes. I have a routine when I go to UND hockey games. I don't think there's anything wrong with being superstitious.

Edited by Goon

Many people are superstitious, I have to have three golf balls when I play golf, one for the course and two for my pocket. I also must have at least five tee's in my pocket. I can't play without my golf shoes. I have a routine when I go to UND hockey games. I don't think there's anything wrong with being superstitious.

It's bad luck to be superstitious. 

I think he was kidding, Goon. Bad luck to be superstitious... get it? lol

I think he was kidding, Goon. Bad luck to be superstitious... get it? lol

Oh, I realize that, but there are people that are "actually" superstitious. It's all good dude. To hit on that topic, one time I was duck hunting and actually exchanged my shotgun at SCHEELS because I couldn't hit ducks with the one I was using.

I'm the same way.  Also, 1 adult beverage before tee off, 2 on the front nine, 4 on the back nine, and 4-7 in the clubhouse afterward!

I'm the same way.  Also, 1 adult beverage before tee off, 2 on the front nine, 4 on the back nine, and 4-7 in the clubhouse afterward!

I find that drinking about 4-8 on the course takes your mind off finding your lost balls in the fescue. :)

Oh, I realize that, but there are people that are "actually" superstitious. It's all good dude. To hit on that topic, one time I was duck hunting and actually exchanged my shotgun at SCHEELS because I couldn't hit ducks with the one I was using.

I have to drink beer during hockey games. Team does better when I do. And I'm all for being a team player.

...and I like beer.

• Upvote 3

Hak's latest comments from the fanfest interview indicate that he thinks this year's team can average 3.5 Goals, and that he expects all of the senior starters to have career years.  He also wants to use the way the team played at the end of last season as a measuring stick for the start of this season, given that we get back the core of the team. 

No big surprises, but that is pretty much how I see things this year, too.  We have some good freshies, but this team will be defined by the returning defensive talent, Zane's play, and the senior forwards.

Actually we stay awake at night just wishing we could play the Western Michigan's and Neb Omaha's of the world.

Seriously though, yes the BIG could be down this year but calling it a non competitive league is silly.

And the Penn States and Ohio States are SOOO much better.... :huh:

And the Penn States and Ohio States are SOOO much better.... :huh:

As hockey programs, no they're not any better but they are national brands which was my point.  I love Gopher football and basketball and love being in the Big Ten and it always bothered me that the hockey team played league games against tiny schools that the rest of the country had never heard of and weren't members of the Big Ten.  Fans of smaller schools who have sports at lower levels like UND don't mind playing those schools, it's very normal to them.  But as a fan of a Big Ten school it just isn't attractive to me.  It's the reason I was 100% for the BTHC from the start. 

As hockey programs, no they're not any better but they are national brands which was my point. I love Gopher football and basketball and love being in the Big Ten and it always bothered me that the hockey team played league games against tiny schools that the rest of the country had never heard of and weren't members of the Big Ten. Fans of smaller schools who have sports at lower levels like UND don't mind playing those schools, it's very normal to them. But as a fan of a Big Ten school it just isn't attractive to me. It's the reason I was 100% for the BTHC from the start.

Nice combo, you managed to be both arrogant and condescending in the same post. Congrats!
  • Upvote 1

As hockey programs, no they're not any better but they are national brands which was my point.  I love Gopher football and basketball and love being in the Big Ten and it always bothered me that the hockey team played league games against tiny schools that the rest of the country had never heard of and weren't members of the Big Ten.  Fans of smaller schools who have sports at lower levels like UND don't mind playing those schools, it's very normal to them.  But as a fan of a Big Ten school it just isn't attractive to me.  It's the reason I was 100% for the BTHC from the start. 

In summary, it is easier for you to rationalize your teams poor performance when they are are playing a "Brand Name" team.

• Upvote 3

I think you are pretty much alone on that feeling. Almost every Gopher fan I have talked to hates the BTHC and wishes they were still in the old WCHA.

I think you are pretty much alone on that feeling. Almost every Gopher fan I have talked to hates the BTHC and wishes they were still in the old WCHA.

Yep I'm well aware im in the tiny minority amongst my fellow Gopher fans but they're either short sighted or only looking through the prism of college hockey. We are a Big Ten school end of story. I also know how arrogant my previous post sounded but think about it from my perspective. Why would I want my hockey team to be in a different conference than the rest of the other sports? Especially after the WCHA added Omaha and Bemidji. I have zero interest in playing these schools. Im also for expansion and more exposure for college hockey and there's not one person on this board that can disagree that the formation of the BTHC has already raised exposure and will eventually lead to more schools looking at college hockey.

Yep I'm well aware im in the tiny minority amongst my fellow Gopher fans but they're either short sighted or only looking through the prism of college hockey. We are a Big Ten school end of story. I also know how arrogant my previous post sounded but think about it from my perspective. Why would I want my hockey team to be in a different conference than the rest of the other sports? Especially after the WCHA added Omaha and Bemidji. I have zero interest in playing these schools. Im also for expansion and more exposure for college hockey and there's not one person on this board that can disagree that the formation of the BTHC has already raised exposure and will eventually lead to more schools looking at college hockey.

But yet it's Gopher's duty to put on a tournament to help out the other hockey programs in the state of Minnesota. The one team they don't play in the tournament with the almighty Gophers gets two home games that year. Except this year when they play a home and home series against St. Cloud, I guess you had to know that the guaranteed two home games against Gophers was going to not be up held by the Gophers.