SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. FERRIS STATE - Saturday 5:30 ESPNU

AZSIOUX

2012 CCHA champions...2012 NCAA runner-up...2014 WCHA champions...this team is no slouch.

I'm sorry, but 2012 has nothing to do with this season. They feasted on a weak WCHA this season. Like I said before, good team, but I have no problem saying that we should win this game.

• Upvote 2

I'm sorry, but 2012 has nothing to do with this season. They feasted on a weak WCHA this season. Like I said before, good team, but I have no problem saying that we should win this game.

Plenty of players on this year's Ferris team were on that 2012 team...UND has a great opportunity on the schedule tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Home: 16-1-1 / Away: 10-7-2 / Neutral: 3-2-0

Ferris state is mediocre when not at home. Also they played a cupcake schedule. 45th according to KRACH.

They only played 2 NCAA playoff teams and went 0-3 vs. Mankato and 1-2 vs. Colgate

I don't understand the denigrating of Ferris State. They clearly earned their way into the tournament, and have a Hobey Candidate goalie. For a team like the Sioux that struggles to score, right there is reason to worry.

And let's not get caught up in the 5 goals tonight. Bucky forgot to look in the rear view mirror on Parks' goal, and we'd be screaming at our goalie for giving up Rocco's first goal. Our 3rd goal was damn lucky, and so was our 4th (ENG).

We MIGHT have used up a whole tourney's worth of good bounces tonight. I expect a tough, close game tomorrow and I'll be VERY happy if you guys prove you're right and I was overly concerned.

• Upvote 2

Hey jackass... You said you were waiting til morning. Glad you can bring some intuitive and inquisitive conversation to the board. Wow.

Continues to throw !@#$ against the wall so he can claim he called out it was reverse psychology when he's wrong.

Ferris leads the nation in penalty minutes this season.

I would be more confident of a Sioux win tomorrow if they can break though with a PPG or two.

...and boy did they dodge a bullet on that flop in front of Motte late in today's game. What should have been 2:00 in the box for diving and a chance for Colgate to tie the game instead resulted in a 2:00 Bulldog power play.

I don't understand the denigrating of Ferris State. They clearly earned their way into the tournament, and have a Hobey Candidate goalie. For a team like the Sioux that struggles to score, right there is reason to worry.

And let's not get caught up in the 5 goals tonight. Bucky forgot to look in the rear view mirror on Parks' goal, and we'd be screaming at our goalie for giving up Rocco's first goal. Our 3rd goal was damn lucky, and so was our 4th (ENG).

We MIGHT have used up a whole tourney's worth of good bounces tonight. I expect a tough, close game tomorrow and I'll be VERY happy if you guys prove you're right and I was overly concerned.

I just have faith in my team.

I wouldn't have picked us to win it all 9 years in a row if I didn't!

Hahahaha

Plenty of players on this year's Ferris team were on that 2012 team...UND has a great opportunity on the schedule tomorrow.

Agreed on that last point. Not saying it will be a cakewalk whatsoever and I'm not really degrading Ferris. I'm just saying I think we are the better team. They are here for a reason, yes, but I believe that we are the better team and should win tomorrow.... well... tonight.

I also don't think we got the better of the bounces other than the GWG. Clearly, that was the biggest one, but both of Bucky's goals were on bad bounces. We outplayed Wisconsin for the majority of that game. The first ENG was a good bounce for us, too, I guess. But we also saw a lot of bad bounces go against us and still managed to keep our cool and skate to Saturday.

I seriously hate playoff hockey. This one-and-done stuff is just plain gut wrenching.

• Upvote 1

Home: 16-1-1 / Away: 10-7-2 / Neutral: 3-2-0

Ferris state is mediocre when not at home. Also they played a cupcake schedule. 45th according to KRACH.

They only played 2 NCAA playoff teams and went 0-3 vs. Mankato and 1-2 vs. Colgate

...that's the exact same number of NCAA playoff teams that vaunted Union College played against this season...1-0-1 against St Cloud and 1-1-1 against Colgate.

At this point in the season every team knows how to win. Also, with this one and done format crazy things happen. It's hockey, if we don't show up at puck drop we'll lose. Sioux and gopher fans know more than any other teams what can happen if you don't show up for a game in this tourney.

For some odd reason I don't remember that game....just found out Kunitz played college hockey earlier this year.

30-9-1 record in 2002-2003 coming into NCAA tournament play. CCHA champions. Placed in west regional at Mariucci Arena as the #2 seed. While #1 seed Minnesota dismantled Mercyhurst in their first game, the #3 seed Sioux looked like they took the Bulldogs for granted and were looking ahead in a 5-2 loss. Minny then defeated Ferris 7-4 and advanced to the Frozen Four. Beat Michigan in OT and them rolled UNH in the championship game.