SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. Badgers - Friday 7pm ESPNU

AZSIOUX

So would I; the Final Five was a very difficult tournament to win and I think the Frozen Faceoff will become the same way over time.

The tournament wins in 1997 and 2010-2012 (amongst others as well, but those in particular) were some of the most memorable moments of my Sioux fan 'career.' Would be nice to see banners for each of them as they were all special.

With the win tonight, Hakstol improves to 13 wins and just 4 losses in NCAA Regional play. That's .765 ... which deserves a WOW.

That's very impressive

Hennessey just mentioned Hak was a little Loosey-Goosey this week...No stopping us now!

Sometimes, in recent years, I've wondered if Hak's intensity has upped the stress level for the team come tournament time. No idea if I'm right or wrong, but this team played tonight like they had nothing to lose, no expectations. And they played WELL.

Interesting. So why is the conference one and done (first round oddly different excepted) of so much less value?

Quick edit: nchc not one and done as we got 3rd place, but you get my idea...

Mafia Man beat me to it, but to win the regular season conference championship you have a long hard road. You have to prevail over many good teams, with many good and bad things happening to all teams in the conference. The conference tournament is a weekend long deal. Still pretty cool, but not nearly the mountain to climb IMO as a regular season championship. Losing the Saturday night game (last regular season) to WMU hurt me much more than losing the first round NCHC tournament game. But that's just me.

I suppose because the regular season is more of a showing of season-long excellence while the tournament (excluding the first-round) is a one-weekend event. That being said, if it were up to me, UND would be hoisting individual banners for playoff titles too.

Me three?

Building towards good tournament performance is important, and winning those tournaments is important. The goofs had a setback and bucky got a big feather in their cap. Knocking off the big6 *tournament* champs tonight was a needed stepping stone towards meeting(ha nope, hope they get knocked out) and beating the big6 (regular season) champion.

There is no national regular season champion. Let's go #16 seed UND!

I guess this is how we measure success now.

The dichotomy is maddening. Hak has had teams like this and 2 years ago that have overachieved a bit. conversely, he's had the best teams in the nation lay eggs which will define his tenure until (if) he wins it all.

Sometimes, in recent years, I've wondered if Hak's intensity has upped the stress level for the team come tournament time.

agreed. his loaded teams have puckered up in the big games. Hopefully he's finding the right balance going forward.

Goals video is up... I didn't get the last open-net goal because the DVR stopped recording. The Hit on Dillon Simpson is on there as well. If you have any other video requests ping me on my email thegoon48@gra.midco.net or @goon48 on twitter. I should have the other games taped this weekend so if you have other video requests let me know, I am here to help... :)

Goals video is up... I didn't get the last open-net goal because the DVR stopped recording. The Hit on Dillon Simpson is on there as well. If you have any other video requests ping me on my email thegoon48@gra.midco.net or @goon48 on twitter. I should have the other games taped this weekend so if you have other video requests let me know, I am here to help... :)

Yes, I would like to see the GWG from tomorrow against Ferris :)

• Upvote 2

The dichotomy is maddening. Hak has had teams like this and 2 years ago that have overachieved a bit. conversely, he's had the best teams in the nation lay eggs which will define his tenure until (if) he wins it all.

The announcers kept saying last night this was an upset and this is not the und team we are used to....missing top end talent....no toews or oshie......but isn't und still loaded with NHL draft picks? Isn't this und team loaded with more draft picks than most other teams in the ncaas??

The announcers kept saying last night this was an upset and this is not the und team we are used to....missing top end talent....no toews or oshie......but isn't und still loaded with NHL draft picks? Isn't this und team loaded with more draft picks than most other teams in the ncaas??

UND a #4 seed that squeaked into the tournament. It's an upset. Goal-scoring pretty evenly distributed amongst the team. Draft status doesn't win tournament games.

Nice job pushing the pace after the awful call on the Chysyk goal, they could have quit there. What should have been a goal and a Wisco penalty, was no goal and a Sioux penalty. HE referees did an OK job, bu that was blown big time.

Wisco was holding often when they got in trouble, several were called, but when the marbles got a bit heavy one way, they got away with some. The shot to the back of Simpson was bad, guess he needed to flop around on the ice to get that called.

The better team last night won, in spite of how close it was.

Also Old Time Hockey and SPCA or whatever can defend his crap and they all can tells us how they said I told you so!

These records aren't success, only one game proves success! What a joke!

Way to go Sioux!

????

Take your meds....I was simply answering the guys question. Again, please don't mix your meds with booze, it says that right on the bottle.

No here is what you wrote! Remember now!

Talk about meds, tool...

I was saying....maybe gfhockey posts all that garbage because in some crazy superstitious way he thinks he's getting lucky or something, I have no idea. All, I know is that he invests a lot of time on this site and, from the sounds of it, he invests a lot of time on Sioux hockey. I was trying to rationalize the guy for a second. Besides him, you have to be the craziest guy on this site. If you have something to say to me just PM....you don't need to trash me in your posts when you don't realize what I was saying in the first place.

Hak loosey goosey would have never guessed it. Maybe he is evolving. In my opinion he always has been a great recruiter and no one else bleeds green like him but his game managment was often suspect. He matched lines very well last night and kept the guys from going into a shell when they were ahead, pressure all three zones and play Sioux hockey.

No, it's a TV provider thing. I tried logging in with my Charter account (my ISP) and when I tried to watch the game it said I need to have Charter TV in order to watch the channel. That means Dish and DirecTV need to support WatchESPN (ESPN3) in order to log in and stream them online.

Dish does not have the WatchESPN app. You have to stream if from a computer to TV, nothing to do with Dish. Apparently directv does have the app? I also see all kinds of forum posts with directv subscribers having all kinds of problems with apps/software updates, etc. It certainly doesn't make sense that directv has the app but you can't log in to the isp you have that pays for WatchESPN (ESPN3). Guess you could do it by logging in to a computer hooked up to your TV, bypassing directv altogether.

I was saying....maybe gfhockey posts all that garbage because in some crazy superstitious way he thinks he's getting lucky or something, I have no idea. All, I know is that he invests a lot of time on this site and, from the sounds of it, he invests a lot of time on Sioux hockey. I was trying to rationalize the guy for a second. Besides him, you have to be the craziest guy on this site. If you have something to say to me just PM....you don't need to trash me in your posts when you don't realize what I was saying in the first place.

Oh ok. The most annoying poster on this site is defended by.....you.

He says crap about the team, hates the coach! When they lose he says "see I told ya" when they win he says "see my reverse psychology worked" but the only person that defends that and also does the same thing, is YOU!

Pretty much says it all...

Oh ok. The most annoying poster on this site is defended by.....you.

He says crap about the team, hates the coach! When they lose he says "see I told ya" when they win he says "see my reverse psychology worked" but the only person that defends that and also does the same thing, is YOU!

Pretty much says it all...

I would not defend him, I was trying to rationalize him. Anyway, I'm done.

Getting bounced by tradition rich Yale and Buehler in back to back years won't sit well with some...

The dry heat must be taking a toll on you this weeked, Oxbow6. C'mon...Yale is the home of the country's oldest inter-collegiate ice hockey team with roots dating back to 1893 and has over 2,000 wins in program history. They may lack NCAA titles, but Yale does NOT lack tradition.

Anyone else bother reading the comments section of the Wisconsin State Journal article? "Mike Eaves is a terrible coach and now has his excuse for .500 hockey the next 3 years," and the like. Yikes!

This win wasn't pretty, but getting it done ugly is still getting it done!!! Here's to hoping I have reason for more winner cliches tonight.

Anyone else bother reading the comments section of the Wisconsin State Journal article? "Mike Eaves is a terrible coach and now has his excuse for .500 hockey the next 3 years," and the like. Yikes!

This win wasn't pretty, but getting it done ugly is still getting it done!!! Here's to hoping I have reason for more winner cliches tonight.

Saw those this morning...surprised there were only 7.

http://m.host.madison.com/sports/college/hockey/badgers-men-s-hockey-three-goal-third-bumps-uw-out/article_98ef88e9-1efe-5b30-9031-a7facd6c8520.html?mode=comments&mobile_touch=true

"And Barry wonders why the Kohl Center is empty week in and week out. Eaves can get good talent but can't coach. It's that simple. Yet, Eaves will be back behind the bench yet another season and the program will continue its decline. It's really unfortunate."

lol