SiouxSports.com Forum

Start time for home football

Risky

Earlier the better.

Wake up still buzzed then drinks go down easier. Wait till 3 then I start to sober up and takes harder to get that buzz back

gfhockey and the good ol' boys are going to get UND to 11 or noon kickoffs ala B1G

Personally, in September and October I think later starts (5 pm or later) is smart: It lets folks use the day and it lets folks drive in for the game. Later in the season, when working outside is less likely, earlier.

And ... schedule a road game on deer opener.

Personally, in September and October I think later starts (5 pm or later) is smart: It lets folks use the day and it lets folks drive in for the game. Later in the season, when working outside is less likely, earlier.

And ... schedule a road game on deer opener.

This should never happen. Period.

Also, for waterfowl and upland game you can get a good hunt in, clean up and travel to the game if they are after three. One is cutting it too close, unless you are within an hour drive.

It might be my imagination but whenever there is a night game there doesn't seem to be as much energy in the crowd. Particularly in 2nd half. I sense that whether it is a good game or a bad game. It could be because either you are out in the sun all day or tailgating for an extended period of time. It just seems like the enthusiasm seems to taper.

Maybe its because the game is normally over by then.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=209518842

GRAND FORKS, N.D. – University of North Dakota athletic department officials announced the game times for the team’s upcoming 2014 home schedule, which will be the first for head coach Bubba Schweigert. The home kickoff times will follow a simple pattern as the team’s two September games at the Alerus Center will kickoff at 6 p.m., the two October games will start at 1:30 p.m. and the pair or November home tilts will get under way at Noon.

Single-game tickets will go on sale Aug. 1.

Gotta get my tickets for the Potato Bowl like I do every year. 6pm isn't bad for September, noon for November? Are they anticipating early hockey starts?