SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Faceoff Review

gfhockey

We had the checks at the top of the section, which was dumb since the place had a ton of empty seats. After Friday's game, my wife went to the restroom on the way out, and actually had a female security person come in the restroom and yell, "Hurry up - you have to get out. We're clearing the building." I made sure to mention this when the TC sent me the thank-you email and survey...

We had also had that issue on Friday night. My wife and a few friends were in the bathroom and she was drying her hands and the security staff came in and said that they had to leave now. It felt like it was 2 am and it was bar close. I remember sitting around the ralph talking for like a half hour after the game and the security staff just came by to our seats and asked us to start heading to the door soon and then left not 5 minutes after and in the bathroom.

We were at the Crowne, too. Ha-ha, probably talked to you in the bar waiting for check in? We stay at the Crowne a lot and never have had any problems. Sorry to hear they didn't take good care of you.

I'd imagine the NBA fans would have more of the little thug life gangsta wanna be ballers element to their games.

Not at all actually. There are lots of affluent and "beautiful people" at Wolves games (at least in the lower level). They are quite tame. There's a greater chance of "thuggish" behavior at college hockey games than at a Wolves game.

The ushers sound like they really destroyed some atmosphere, probably just conditioned to be like that with a different crowd for timberwolves games...I'd imagine the NBA fans would have more of the little thug life gangsta wanna be ballers element to their games.

Timberwolves games have crowds?

• Upvote 4

We stayed at the Marriott and had a splendid time. The turn out for the other teams was pathetic. Were there even 20 Denver fans?

The venue is what it is, but the playing conditions were poor. The ice seemed bad and the boards and glass had major issues. I'm glad a really fluky goal didn't decide someone's fate. The games had a ping pong feel with the glass and very lively boards.

Lots of restaurants, etc. in the area and the skyway system is convenient.

Too bad the weather was crappy, but that is a crap shoot this time of year. Fan fest would have been enjoyable.

The sightlines are crappy. We moved up to the upper deck and thought the view was much better. Unfortunately it felt like we were in a wind tunnel. It was quite chilly.

All-in-all an enjoyable weekend.

Stayed at the Marriot and loved it! Let us check in early and check out late! The bar was a very nice place to hook up with other fans/family...especially for the WI/OH game! Yes, the Target Center was freezing and we also noted there aren't hand rails to hold onto going down the steps which is hard for older folks and drunken individuals...lol.

We were in Section 126 a couple rows below the jerk. Target Center staff and security did come and talk to him but ended up telling him AND the Sioux lady who reported him that if anything more was said/done, they would BOTH be kicked out! Insane and the dude was a total A$$ for sure!

Over all good experience, spendy weekend, but wouldn't trade if for the world!

Perhaps the best part of the tournament was when the "Let's Go Sioux" chant broke out in a tense championship game after Wisconsin finished off Ohio State in OT. By then, of course, many of the ND fans who came for hockey had long left even though there was hockey still being played. That is your choice, of course, but I was long taught and always remember to be in the seat for the Anthem and stay until the final horn. One misses too many interesting things on and off the ice otherwise.

This is all.

What he said....