SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins Baseball 2014

MafiaMan

Great comeback by the Royals!

Unbelievable game. I went to many a Royals games growing up from '75-'83 when I had relatives living in KC. A buddy of mine in Fargo used to live in KC and work for the Royals. I have no doubt he was in tears late last night. As he would say..."Be Royal!"

• 2 weeks later...

So was I, damn you Mike Matheny.

Royals are looking very good and I can see them sweeping the Giants.

No way...Giants have looked every bit as good as KC. Hopefully we get a hard fought, seven-game serIes. If I had to pick one team to win in 4, it would be the Giants.

KC has yet to lose in the playoffs

On paper, looks like a great series. San Fran has been spoiled as of late - this Tigers fan wants to see Kansas City be a winner again. RIP Dan Quisenberry and Dick Howser - your Royals are back in the World Series.

Twins giving Molitor 3rd interview...

Good God. They've been trying to get him to decide if he wanted to coach for years. Talk about pandering. He may have been a "great" player, but he's done not much more than hit infield and give instruction on how to turn double plays since then.

They'll need special permission from the commissioner of MLB to make any sort of announcement during the World Series. With Terry Ryan still in the mix, nothing will change if this is the splash hire.

Good God. They've been trying to get him to decide if he wanted to coach for years. Talk about pandering. He may have been a "great" player, but he's done not much more than hit infield and give instruction on how to turn double plays since then.

They'll need special permission from the commissioner of MLB to make any sort of announcement during the World Series. With Terry Ryan still in the mix, nothing will change if this is the splash hire.

He made a huge impact offensively for the twins. They were far more aggressive on the base path because of him and also were far more productive at the plate. He has been my 1st choice since Gardy has been gone. I just hope they hire a pitching coach that doesn't just teach this pitch to contact crap. Beyond excited that Rick Anderson is gone!

There is no way Terry Ryan will ask for special permission for that, especially if it is an internal hire. Really no point in rushing it.

Maddon. Get it done St. Peter. Pull strings with the GOBC if and when necessary.

Will never happen. It's too bad that Jim Leyland didn't stick around in Detroit for one more year and then retire after the Tigers were eliminated (amd thrashed, quite honestly) by Baltimore