SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ St. Cloud St.

AZSIOUX

In addition to the Penrose Trophy there is also another conference title banner (white one) to hang from the rafters. I know we are only interested in green banners but it is still a great achievement to add to those 15 flags hanging up there.

Hypothetical if - wondering if UND sweeps St. Cloud this weekend - will they present the Penrose to the team that night at the Concrete Center or hold off until the following weekend in GF?

In addition to the Penrose Trophy there is also another conference title banner (white one) to hang from the rafters. I know we are only interested in green banners but it is still a great achievement to add to those 15 flags hanging up there.

Hypothetical if - wondering if UND sweeps St. Cloud this weekend - will they present the Penrose to the team that night at the Concrete Center or hold off until the following weekend in GF?

Regardless of what some folks here think, those conference championship banners are a nice addition to REA and I like seeing them hanging from the rafters.

The trend lately (at least with the WCHA) has been to present the MacNaughton Cup to the victor at home. I thought it was a shame that when SCSU clinched their first title last year, that they were not handed the trophy on the road at Wisconsin. In fact, he trophy actually STAYED with Minnesota, who brought it with them to Bemidji, and was proudly displayed in the locker room after the Gophers clinched a share of the title. The trophy was then shipped to St Cloud, where it was presented to the team after their first-round WCHA playoff series. Kind of a**-backwards, if you ask me...

I'm thinking they would wait until the following weekend, but let's not count our chickens before they hatch.

I'm thinking they would wait until the following weekend, but let's not count our chickens before they hatch.

I wasn't so much looking forward as I was backwards - regardless of who wins the cup, I think it should be awarded to the team when they clinch, regardless of WHERE they clinch. The cup will get paraded in front of the home fans at some point anyways.

Anyone know what the standing room is like at St. Cloud? Thinking of going to this game and that's about all they have left.

Its between the upper and lower levels and it's a good place to stand. Stood there when UND played them during the 2000 season.

A split at SCSU and a sweep of WMU at home and UND will win the first Penrose and be a virtual lock for the NCAAs.

Go Sioux

tiebreaker criteria

1. Conference wins

2. Head to Head

3. Goal differential head to head

So if we end up tying St Coud in points, we are not co-champs? The tiebreaker determines the NCHC Champion so we would win the Penrose and St Cloud would be second?

Conference wins over head to head record...interesting.

Just a guess, but I wonder if it might not have something to do with the unbalanced schedule also. With conference wins first, it rewards play over the entire season rather than potentially just one weekend of play during the season. It could also potentially eliminate the possible questions regarding how head to head play might play in if there is 3/4 way tie scenario, where some teams played 4 times and others only twice.

So if we end up tying St Coud in points, we are not co-champs? The tiebreaker determines the NCHC Champion so we would win the Penrose and St Cloud would be second?

I believe they would be named co-champions in the event of a tie, the tiebreakers are used for seeding purposes.

many of local watering holes on 5th avenue north -

20 bars or more located one mile north of the arena

It's a pretty sweet place to go to a game... Mc's had a bus last time I was there and you can drink there and then bus to the game and bus back after the game.

standing room only is located in the walkway between the upper and lowel level also located on the west end above the scsu goalie for 2 periods

you will need to view the game looking through the glass

great seats - allowing you to watch UND shoot on the end you are standing on twice

Its between the upper and lower levels and it's a good place to stand. Stood there when UND played them during the 2000 season.

I have never sat in a seat at St. Cloud and have been to 17-18 games there over the last few years. Always have stood on the glass or against the wall or way up top even when I had a ticket for an assigned seat.

So I just talked to a guy from Fargo who posted his tickets for this weekend on Craigslist as SCSU vs. NDSU. He obviously had no idea that this was a big series and said a guy offered 140 for a pair of tickets. Is that what it's gonna take to get in? Any idea what the market value is for these tickets so I don't get ripped off?

The on the glass standing seats are amazing. I couldn't help myself on my last drive down to the cities; I made a pit stop to catch the second half of an SCSU/MIAMI game and stood there. Probably the best view in the house for watching a play develop on that end of the rink. The glass is super clear.