SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UMD BULLDOGS - Saturday

AZSIOUX

On the penalty where Schmaltz got hit into the boards from behind, #21 for Duluth was giving the diving motion indicating that Schmaltz took a dive. Unbelievable.

The ref gave Sandelin a stern talking to very late in the second period and he must have drilled into his players during the period break to lay off the cheap stuff because the third period was thankfully much cleaner. The second period looked like the Bulldogs read the Gophers playbook on how to play tough (playing tough=cheap stuff after the whistle). Thankfully the Sioux PP made Duluth pay for all of those stupid penalties.

On the penalty where Schmaltz got hit into the boards from behind, #21 for Duluth was giving the diving motion indicating that Schmaltz took a dive. Unbelievable.

The ref gave Sandelin a stern talking to very late in the second period and he must have drilled into his players during the period break to lay off the cheap stuff because the third period was thankfully much cleaner. The second period looked like the Bulldogs read the Gophers playbook on how to play tough (playing tough=cheap stuff after the whistle). Thankfully the Sioux PP made Duluth pay for all of those stupid penalties.

I think that's hilarious because those two are friends off ice.

Oof the DNT needs Pates back…

http://www.duluthnew...icle/id/292207/

My favorite gems from the new guy’s article…

- Unleashed a blitzkrieg of shots

- One of the most bizarre periods of the season

- Likely shell-shocked from constant bombardment

- The nickname-less school

- Set the stage for a shockingly disturbing second period

- LaDue flicked in a loose puck with a backhand, Michael Parks beat McNeely to the short side after receiving a brilliant pass off the sideboards from Jordan Schmaltz, Simpson skated up into the zone and had an unobstructed shot at the net and LaDue one-timed Rocco Grimaldi’s cross-ice pass to end a 7-minute, 20-second span of the period that could have been declared a natural disaster.

My favorite gems from the new guy’s article…

- One of the most bizarre periods of the season

- Likely shell-shocked from constant bombardment

- The nickname-less school

- Set the stage for a shockingly disturbing second period

- LaDue flicked in a loose puck with a backhand, Michael Parks beat McNeely to the short side after receiving a brilliant pass off the sideboards from Jordan Schmaltz, Simpson skated up into the zone and had an unobstructed shot at the net and LaDue one-timed Rocco Grimaldi’s cross-ice pass to end a 7-minute, 20-second span of the period that could have been declared a natural disaster.

Not that I don't trust you, but thought there was a good chance it was a joke. Nope! Love it, made for some interesting reading for a change.

Really?

Kristallnacht in Duluth as Sioux sweep Bulldogs?

UND Blowtorch Battalion Invades Duluth?

Mein Kampf, Says Sandelin, After Sioux Sweep?

Nothing says great sportswriting like throwing in some Nazi references, right? Or was that a thinly-veiled shot at Ralph Engelstad? Either way, find a better way to express yourself.

I don't see the issue there. Blitzkrieg was a military tactic of the Wehrmacht. I don't see it as a Nazi reference at all. just my take but I've been wrong before.

If I remember my 8th grade history, and I think I do, the literal translation for blitzkrieg is 'Lightning War'. I agree that it is not necessarily a Nazi term though.

If I remember my 8th grade history, and I think I do, the literal translation for blitzkrieg is 'Lightning War'. I agree that it is not necessarily a Nazi term though.

Especially since it was first used in 1935 in reference to food distribution during war. While a little over the top, I like most of the terms he used. It adds a little variation.

What's wrong with a little colorful language?

If that's kind of writing is your cup of tea, I guess, to each his own. Too many exaggerations for this guy.

This sentence.... just horrible lol.

LaDue one-timed Rocco Grimaldi’s cross-ice pass to end a 7-minute, 20-second span of the period that could have been declared a natural disaster.

Although, I must say I enjoy the content of that sentence :)