SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UMD BULLDOGS - Friday

AZSIOUX

Good solid road win tonight. Good to see Johnson get a couple goals tonight as it had been a long time since he found the net. Zane was real solid tonight and when the Sioux were struggling early with some turnovers he bailed them out. Mitch really didn't do much on that 4th line and I'd rather see Murphy, Ausmus, or Panz there. Hopefully Zane can give us another solid performance tomorrow night and we can get out of Duluth with a sweep. I was a little surprised when I saw that it was Zane's 1st college shutout as it seems like he has been close so many times that I figured he just already had one.

Just back after the game, roads were really icy from Walker to Duluth today.

Gothberg was absolutely the best I've seen him. We sat up over his left shoulder. Just great position, no let up on concentration this time.

Overall very good D. Cant say great, as Mattson still cant stop shooting into his man (3 times at least), he's lucky that didn't cost us a breakaway.

Off sides calls were brutal.

Little Shep (brad) had to show he's a big man again with late game penalties by the dozen.

It was chippy, but he just cannot see what is really going on.

That last LaDue penalty call was so much a dive it was comical. Boarding maybe.

A really good road game.

Looking forward to another. D looks good enough to "expect" sweeps now.

Still screaming for Sandelin despite what looks like another .500 season for the Bulldogs and his team getting taken out behind the woodshed right now.

I think I've cracked the code: you're either Scott's nephew or his godson.

First I would like to note I am happy with how the team is playing right now and I do believe Hak deserves another 3-5 years to try and win another title before maybe we peacefully part ways.

On to the good stuff. Do you actually think we took UMD to the wood shed? I thought they played better than us. I didn't know about the last 5 minutes or so however they were outshooting us pretty good and the scoring opportunities had to be lopsided. We won because we didn't take too many dumb penalties and gothberg played great.

Also, do you think Hak would be doing better right now with the UMD program???

On to the good stuff. Do you actually think we took UMD to the wood shed? I thought they played better than us. I didn't know about the last 5 minutes or so however they were outshooting us pretty good and the scoring opportunities had to be lopsided. We won because we didn't take too many dumb penalties and gothberg played great.

Seemed to me that the Sioux had the better of the play and puck possession after the first 5 minutes or so, was surprised at the shot differential, didn't seem like UMD had that many more shots. The stats had scoring chances almost even.

Seemed to me that the Sioux had the better of the play and puck possession after the first 5 minutes or so, was suprised at the shot differential, didn't seem like UMD had that many more shots. The stats had scoring chances almost even.

I thought they won the scoring chance battle but Zane turned them all away. I watched the entire game.