SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

Just now, UND-1 said:

You spend way too much time trying to convince people he has no evidence.

You're spending way too much time convincing people that I'm spending too much time convincing people that he has no evidence. 

• Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

The theories don't bother me at all. I'd actually welcome some of the changes he's suggesting. The problem is SV is selling snake oil and acting superior about it.

OK, so why does that bother you so much? It's the internet. There's lots of snake oil. 

PS - You constantly feeling the need to refute his theories sort of makes you a hypocrite (i.e. you "acting superior" in your own way). 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gothmog said:

You're spending way too much time convincing people that I'm spending too much time convincing people that he has no evidence. 

I'm spending way too much time reading about him spending too much time convincing people that you're spending too much time convincing people that he has no evidence.  

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

OK, so why does that bother you so much? It's the internet. There's lots of snake oil. 

PS - You constantly feeling the need to refute his theories sort of makes you a hypocrite (i.e. you "acting superior" in your own way). 

snake-oil-salesman.jpg

On May 7, 2016 at 9:42 PM, SiouxVolley said:

The other Big Sky prez's will respond coolly to that and say that they need to raise money for scholarships and facilities, but secretly they have been planning for it for years.  The six schools that will commit to FBS to satisfy Idaho's demands are Montana, Montana St, EWU, UND, NAU.  But Wichita St will commit to FBS as an affiliate, so that makes eight.  USD even will state they are interested.  Denver will come forward as wanting to be affiliated with an FBS .

Your math is about as good as your theory. Your 6 BSC conference teams to the FBS only adds up to 5. You forgot to make up another team that is interested to replace NMSU, who is obviously not interested.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, zonadub said:

Gotta admire the way he spins the bison trolls, whether his projections come to pass or just pass. Still the most entertaining threads on this board. :D

He does have the tail-twisting down to a science. 

5 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Your math is about as good as your theory. Your 6 BSC conference teams to the FBS only adds up to 5. You forgot to make up another team that is interested to replace NMSU, who is obviously not interested.

I'm impressed; it only took 4 days for you guys to figure out the math.  Well done. 

9 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Now that baseball at UND is officially gone and will not be resurrected, that also should slam the door on UND to the Slummit / MVFC.  

I think Faison slammed that door when he tried to make Douple the fall guy for having to change the nickname.

• Downvote 2

13 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I meant six teams added to the WAC with Wichita St as football only.

The Big Sky has to keep its autobid for FCS, so it must keep six FCS teams.  

The WAC can make money granting FBS slots to schools such as Liberty, JMU, Kennesaw St, Jacksonville St, Stony Book, Dalaware, Albany etc and playing them for a few years.  Charge them a million each for an entrance fee and then get them for an exit fee too.  Would compensate for a lack of CFP money until 2024.  The eastern teams when they are exited and FBS can reform the CAA as an FBS league too, and participate in CFP money with the new contract.

The FBS transition in the second year requires four home games against FBS schools.  A second year FBS transition school counts for an FBS opponent, so eastern teams would be useful without bringing the FCS Big Sky below six teams.

UTRGV will count for FCS as soon as it get a team going, but Dixie St and Azusa Pacific only will count as soon as they are fully DI.

Idaho will recant it's FCS move as recruiting gears up, so it might not be this week.

25 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

I meant six teams added to the WAC with Wichita St as football only.

The Big Sky has to keep its autobid for FCS, so it must keep six FCS teams.  

The WAC can make money granting FBS slots to schools such as Liberty, JMU, Kennesaw St, Jacksonville St, Stony Book, Dalaware, Albany etc and playing them for a few years.  Charge them a million each for an entrance fee and then get them for an exit fee too.  Would compensate for a lack of CFP money until 2024.  The eastern teams when they are exited and FBS can reform the CAA as an FBS league too, and participate in CFP money with the new contract.

The FBS transition in the second year requires four home games against FBS schools.  A second year FBS transition school counts for an FBS opponent, so eastern teams would be useful without bringing the FCS Big Sky below six teams.

UTRGV will count for FCS as soon as it get a team going, but Dixie St and Azusa Pacific only will count as soon as they are fully DI.

Idaho will recant it's FCS move as recruiting gears up, so it might not be this week.

Your theory gets more far fetched every week. I do believe that nearly every FCS teams from all corners of the country have now been mentioned to make your plan come together. When is the big rule change annoucement from the NCAA coming? How much more time before Idaho announces the move back to FBS if not this week? Are they waiting for someone to care that they dropped down in the first place?  

14 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Your theory gets more far fetched every week. I do believe that nearly every FCS teams from all corners of the country have now been mentioned to make your plan come together. When is the big rule change annoucement from the NCAA coming? How much more time before Idaho announces the move back to FBS if not this week? Are they waiting for someone to care that they dropped down in the first place?  

The NCAA rules already allow the WAC to transition FCS teams to FBS.  No new rules are required.  Just knew that the Big Sky was preparing for some schools to move to FBS, and with the WAC that is entirely in the existing rules.

Idaho and NMSU might be playing games with some of the WAC members to so the non football members actually move and not create problems.  Then some Big Sky schools will move over to create a research division which multiple Big Sky sources said they would do.  But the research division will be WAC FBS football.

It's obviously not a comprehended issue with troll minds, but all of aspiration FCS schools that want to move from FBS are attuned to what the WAC will do.  It's just too much for bizon minds to keep track of.  Bozoville is keeping track of NDSU's impending move to the Big 12.  That would be more to attack and troll on, but bizon and jack trolls don't work that way, because it's aspirational in their minds.  Anything that is aspirational for UND must be attacked, says the mother bozoville prime directive.

55 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

The NCAA rules already allow the WAC to transition FCS teams to FBS.  No new rules are required.  Just knew that the Big Sky was preparing for some schools to move to FBS, and with the WAC that is entirely in the existing rules.

Idaho and NMSU might be playing games with some of the WAC members to so the non football members actually move and not create problems.  Then some Big Sky schools will move over to create a research division which multiple Big Sky sources said they would do.  But the research division will be WAC FBS football.

It's obviously not a comprehended issue with troll minds, but all of aspiration FCS schools that want to move from FBS are attuned to what the WAC will do.  It's just too much for bizon minds to keep track of.  Bozoville is keeping track of NDSU's impending move to the Big 12.  That would be more to attack and troll on, but bizon and jack trolls don't work that way, because it's aspirational in their minds.  Anything that is aspirational for UND must be attacked, says the mother bozoville prime directive.

But you said there were going to be rule changes to allow FCS teams to move up. This was supposed to happen by mid-month. Its getting pretty close. :)

29 minutes ago, bison73 said:

But you said there were going to be rule changes to allow FCS teams to move up. This was supposed to happen by mid-month. Its getting pretty close. :)

The fall season of 2018 is getting closer!  Idaho's recanting of FCS is the only thing that needs to happen soon.

Why aren't a bunch of UND trolls decending on bozoville to ridicule the NDSU to Big 12 move?

25 minutes ago, bison73 said:

No, that was before he knew what he now has learned from the Idaho study that he didn't know before that. You have to follow along. Now there is going to be a 16 team new FBS WAC with teams from Washington to Arizona to Georgia to Long Island, NY. But it will only be for a few years, then they will split up. It is not that hard to believe, these kind of things happen all the time.

31 minutes ago, BIGSIOUX said:

I wouldn't be so sure. 

Quite confident.  The Slummit only has six baseball teams and can't get another school playing baseball.  The Slummit is toast when the next baseball school moves, unless the Slummit can bribe SIU-E to move or move football internally, in which NDSU and SDSU fans wound march personally to Douples office in suburban Chicago threaten all his donuts.

3 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

No, that was before he knew what he now has learned from the Idaho study that he didn't know before that. You have to follow along. Now there is going to be a 16 team new FBS WAC with teams from Washington to Arizona to Georgia to Long Island, NY. But it will only be for a few years, then they will split up. It is not that hard to believe, these kind of things happen all the time.

Like the Slummit starting football, which was promised for UND to join.

FCS is not desired by schools that want to be something when they grow up.  Contrary to conventional Fargo wisdom.

11 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

The fall season of 2018 is getting closer!  Idaho's recanting of FCS is the only thing that needs to happen soon.

Why aren't a bunch of UND trolls decending on bozoville to ridicule the NDSU to Big 12 move?

NDSU is going to the B12??? Nope. Not going to happen. Plus I havent seen anyone say it IS going to happen.

But anyone can jump on that train if they so desire.

46 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

So you deny that bozoville exists?

I said its not going to happen. One idiot started a thread about it and 99.9% of the postes said it was crazy talk.  Work on that reading comprehension.

But nice deflection to steer the subject away from your prediction of the rule changes. When is that going to happen again?