SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UMD Bulldogs

AZSIOUX

Pretty big winter storm forecast for Duluth area tonight and tomorrow morning. We plan to take off very early tomorrow morning from GF and had hoped to get into town in time to watch USA/Canada. What are others' plans?

The forecast is nasty... Good weekend to watch the games at home.

Yes I am very excited about this weekend. I think we have the potential to get a sweep if we play like we know how. Hopefully it will be a green out weekend, however a BIG storm coming. I live about an hour north of Duluth and the snow is already starting. They are staying snow totals between 7-15" by tomorrow night. Winds will begin to pick up tonight out of the NW 15-25mph with gusts as high as 35-40mph. This will cause for near white out conditions at times, and drifting snow. Sioux fans (and UMD) please travel safe! I have a feeling the crowd numbers may be down. Hopefully I am wrong. I would suggest leave early if you can. I went to came in UMD 2 months ago sat night. The place was barely 1/3 full, I even got a call trying to recruit me to coem to a 3 game package. I think their numbers have been way down this year. GO SIOUX! I will try and keep posted with snow conditions up north.

Yes I am very excited about this weekend. I think we have the potential to get a sweep if we play like we know how. Hopefully it will be a green out weekend, however a BIG storm coming. I live about an hour north of Duluth and the snow is already starting. They are staying snow totals between 7-15" by tomorrow night. Winds will begin to pick up tonight out of the NW 15-25mph with gusts as high as 35-40mph. This will cause for near white out conditions at times, and drifting snow. Sioux fans (and UMD) please travel safe! I have a feeling the crowd numbers may be down. Hopefully I am wrong. I would suggest leave early if you can. I went to came in UMD 2 months ago sat night. The place was barely 1/3 full, I even got a call trying to recruit me to coem to a 3 game package. I think their numbers have been way down this year. GO SIOUX! I will try and keep posted with snow conditions up north.

Thanks for the update! I am leaving Mpls around 2 so hope the weather holds out til we make it up and then it can snow/rain Sioux goals all weekend !

For UND (and UMD fans for that matter) fans who live in the Rocky Mountain region, Friday's game will be televised on Altitude.

I was in Duluth a few weeks back for the series against CC. My observation was this: Duluth was the more talented team, however they had some serious defensive zone lapses on Saturday night. Lowly CC carried the play for large stretches of the 3rd period as Duluth got awfully sloppy in their own zone.

Yes I am very excited about this weekend. I think we have the potential to get a sweep if we play like we know how.

Sweep highly unlikely, split will be tough. Should be a great series. Duluth has outshot UND four games in a row, all at the Ralph. Some very good goaltending allowed UND to go 2-1-1 in those games; two went to overtime. Not counting an empty net goal, UMD outscored UND 15-13. Duluth has some really good forwards, many that return next year.

Sweep highly unlikely, split will be tough. Should be a great series. Duluth has outshot UND four games in a row, all at the Ralph. Some very good goaltending allowed UND to go 2-1-1 in those games; two went to overtime. Not counting an empty net goal, UMD outscored UND 15-13. Duluth has some really good forwards, many that return next year.

Keep in mind Duluth is 4-5-3 at home, not exactly killin it.