SiouxSports.com Forum

Weston Dressler

WiSioux

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/Vanstone+Riders+must+seal+deal+with+Dressler/10149423/story.html

Saskatoon newspaper article hoping for Weston back to the Riders.

"Provided that Dressler clears NFL waivers, there will be a frantic bidding war for his services. Any CFL general manager who does not contact Dressler's agent and make a lucrative offer should quickly become a former CFL general manager. But nobody should be more interested in Dressler than Roughriders vice-president of football operations and general manager Brendan Taman, who is left without an option in this case. Sign Dressler. Period."

I wonder if KC is really deep at WR, plus with Charles at RB they don't need to throw the ball a lot. I hope Dressler/Hardin can latch on to another NFL team (not NE ;) ), or if he does go back to the CFL...WINNIPEG!!!!

No. The Chiefs arguably have the worst receiving corp on the league.

I would say both Hardin and Dressler are better than Thelen for the Vikings.Its all about being in the right place at the right time.

I disagree. Thielen has looked good for the Vikings while neither Dressler or Hardin showed much. Maybe Thielen was given more of an opportunity than the other two but that is just what I observed.

I would say both Hardin and Dressler are better than Thelen for the Vikings.Its all about being in the right place at the right time.

Dressler was a better college player, Hardin maybe as fast but Thielen doesn't drop the ball. Dresser had too many drops in camp according to the Chiefs web site and then didn't really get much of a shot in pre-season games. Thielen is 6'1" runs a 4.5 and can cover on kicks and also can return. I don't think they saw Hardin and Dressler on kick or punt coverage. I think Dressler would have been good on coverage cuz he is very strong but Greg not so much. For a guy to make a team as a 5th or 6th receiver he needs to be able to contribute in more ways than one on special teams. I still think Dressler can play given the right circumstances.

• 1 year later...

Forgive me if this was posted elsewhere, but Dressler was released by the Roughriders this weekend.  Financial reasons.  They had a rough season last year going 3-15, and the new coach is overhauling everything it sounds like.  Dressler's salary was ~ $250,000.  I believe I read somewhere that he was among the highest paid imports (non-Canadian born) in the CFL.  Average CFL salary is $50,000 according to CBC.

Sounds like Winnipeg is one of the teams already showing interest.

On August 28, 2014 at 3:33 PM, geaux_sioux said:
On August 28, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Shawn-O said:

No. The Chiefs arguably have the worst receiving corp on the league.

No they don't. Jacksonville? Miami? Carolina?

And you call yourself a great football mind? Carolina a terrible receiving corp?  Never pollute people's minds with your uninformed drivel again, please.

5 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Forgive me if this was posted elsewhere, but Dressler was released by the Roughriders this weekend.  Financial reasons.  They had a rough season last year going 3-15, and the new coach is overhauling everything it sounds like.  Dressler's salary was ~ $250,000.  I believe I read somewhere that he was among the highest paid imports (non-Canadian born) in the CFL.  Average CFL salary is $50,000 according to CBC.

Sounds like Winnipeg is one of the teams already showing interest.

Too bad he couldn't get an NFL team to sign him. He was a great player in college and the CFL.

11 hours ago, Texas rancher said:

They made the playoffs last year with that terrible receiving corp! Admit it you were wrong

So you can't make the playoffs with bad WRs? They had one good one that year and a bunch of trash otherwise. My statement was about the depth of WR for some teams where Weston couldve had a better shot. 

• Upvote 1