SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO @ NORTH DAKOTA - Saturday

gfhockey

Exactly. A couple more years like the last two and we will watch it happen again. By then Hak will be on his last year and a lot cheaper to buy out.

Because then, we can hire a coach on a two-year contract basis only and demand a national title or else we move on to the next guy. We, the fans, demand it! Why else do we sit in leather seats drinking $10 beers and eating $8 mediocre pizza?

Exactly. A couple more years like the last two and we will watch it happen again. By then Hak will be on his last year and a lot cheaper to buy out.

Talk about bad analogies, if Hak keeps making it to the show but doesn't win the big one, the arena will not be half empty and Hak wont be fired. If it did I would be embarrassed to be part of that fan base. I would be one of the half full arena fans at every game still!

Talk about bad analogies, if Hak keeps making it to the show but doesn't win the big one, the arena will not be half empty and Hak wont be fired. If it did I would be embarrassed to be part of that fan base. I would be one of the half full arena fans at every game still!

Agreed.....also that arena will never be half full.

Were you one of those fans like me that suffered at the games under Gino's last years? I ask that because probably 90% of the people here never saw Gino coach.

Question, do you think he can spell financial? ffinnacial ...

Goon, Understand you are the guru of Sioux Hockey blog/just finished reading your recent segment stating that Hak was not going anywhere. We all know that and recognize that and most of us understand the political realities relating to his hiring and his recent golden parachute retirement package.

While there can be little doubt that Hak is a good couch he is not a great couch. He is not a bench couch/ a good bench coach is willing to, during a game, make adjustments/it appears this is not the case.

My point is, IMO your credibility is diminished when you chastise others on the blog for stating their opinion.

I have been a season ticket holder since the old ralph was built/have gone to every game this year and will continue going.

Kind of bothers me to continue reading that the problem is with the players/after ten years it is not unreasonable to question some of the coaching.

The young hockey players that come to UND are free spirits/not robots to be but in a system that has had minimal success. Am hoping they get to the regionals/unfortunately, if they do, have seen this movie before.

as ever,

old fella

We all know that and recognize that and most of us understand the political realities relating to his hiring and his recent golden parachute retirement package

The part where he was the most qualified to take over and recommended by Blais? Or the part where they extended a top 5 coach in the nation?

Goon, Understand you are the guru of Sioux Hockey blog/just finished reading your recent segment stating that Hak was not going anywhere. We all know that and recognize that and most of us understand the political realities relating to his hiring and his recent golden parachute retirement package.

While there can be little doubt that Hak is a good coach he is not a great coach. He is not a bench couch/ a good bench coach is willing to, during a game, make adjustments/it appears this is not the case.

My point is, IMO your credibility is diminished when you chastise others on the blog for stating their opinion.

I have been a season ticket holder since the old ralph was built/have gone to every game this year and will continue going.

Kind of bothers me to continue reading that the problem is with the players/after ten years it is not unreasonable to question some of the coaching.

The young hockey players that come to UND are free spirits/not robots to be but in a system that has had minimal success. Am hoping they get to the regionals/unfortunately, if they do, have seen this movie before.

as ever,

old fella

First off, thanks for reading.. However, I didn't chastise anyone, I just said Hakstol isn't going anywhere, I don't believe that he is. I think what I said was true.

To suggest that Hakstol doesn't make adjustment's -- I would have to respectfully disagree with you... If you go back and listen to the post game press conference from last night, Brad asked Dave if they changed their zone entry on the PP, coach said they did. Also, Brad Berry and Dan Jackson both coached at higher levels. If I remember right, Hakstol was recommended by Blais. That kind of refutes the claim that some have thrown around, my father-in-law is the alumni association.

Can you imagine if UND had a season like Miami is right now?

First off, thanks for reading.. However, I didn't chastise anyone, I just said Hakstol isn't going anywhere, I don't believe that he is. I think what I said was true.

To suggest that Hakstol doesn't make adjustment's -- I would have to respectfully disagree with you... If you go back and listen to the post game press conference from last night, Brad asked Dave if they changed their zone entry on the PP, coach said they did. Also, Brad Berry and Dan Jackson both coached at higher levels. If I remember right, Hakstol was recommended by Blais. That kind of refutes the claim that some have thrown around, my father-in-law is the alumni association.

Can you imagine if UND had a season like Miami is right now?

To your last comment/question...UND needs to capitalize on that next weekend.

But you're comparing a coach that struggled for w's. That is not what people are complaining about on here about Hak. You're comparing a coach who hasn't won the big one to a coach who couldn't win.

What I am comparing is the start of downfalls. Do you think Hak will be around long if he starts going downhill like Gino?

To your last comment/question...UND needs to capitalize on that next weekend.

I'm not saying anything about how this season is going/been attending Sioux hockey games for 60 years/enjoyed everyone of them.

Don't much care what Miami is doing/only suggesting what we saw last night and on too man other times may not be a player problem.

My word....why do you follow this horrible team?

You should help yourself to following the....hey goofers. They won't let you down.

Hockey is not my #1 sport so I have a different view than most on here. I find it somewhat amusing how much complacency has set in with this supposed "die-hard" fanbase. There are more excuses for lack of success in hockey than any other sport.

• Upvote 2

I remember lots of fans BLASTING the hiring of Blais. A former Gopher player? A high school coach? Are they nuts?

I was young then but I do remember my parents saying how Blais was a major reason why they were so good in the 80's, like he was the recruiting ace on the staff.