SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Denver - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Didn't get to see the game last night but listened to TH did Ausmus take a dumb penalty? TH said it was a horrible call and Ausmus didn't even have 2 hands on his stick when he got called for the cross-check and he also got stuck with a bad call on Friday night on Loney. I like that Ausmus brings more of a physical element to the d core but I am also fine with him and Thompson to continue rotating Friday/Saturdays.

I thought the officiating was horrid last night, I am going to attempt to compile a diving tape of last night's game. According to Schlloss from the Chat last night. Sounds like the ex-DU assistant was happy with the officiating. I don't know what he would be upset with?

Schlossman, GF Herald:

Steve Miller, no longer on the DU staff, is in the coaches' box dropping F bomb after F bomb screaming at the refs and in the direction of Don Adam

Schlossman, GF Herald:

Quite a scene.

Schlossman, GF Herald:

I tried to get video but not quick enough with my phone...

Edited by Goon

I didnt see the play and don't doubt your take on it at all. I was watching the game on FaceTime which isn't the best quality

In all honesty it wasn't that bad however he did knock the guy down (who didn't have the puck) so for me personally, I was crossing my fingers it wouldn't be called...but it did. I just think that the hit had no meaning in the play, the DU guy could never have gotten the puck....I simply questioned why Ausmus would even hit him in the first play so late in the game....knowing how bad college officiating is.

I thought the officiating was horrid last night, I am going to attempt to compile a diving tape of last night's game. According to Schlloss from the Chat last night. Sounds like the ex-DU assistant was happy with the officiating. I don't know what he would be upset with?

Get the O'donnell (I believe) clip....that one is a beaut. There was also a real bad one early....then the rest of the game the refs were searching for anything that fit one of their definitions.

Goon, Could you get the checking from behind that should have been called on UND? It happened with about 3:00 minutes to go give or take.

I just don't think we can rely on getting an at-large bid this year. We are in a deeper hole than usual. It might happen, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

I would bet the farm. I don't understand your fear? On CBS they showed their records before and after Christmas. It was almost identical. There was two years where they were about 4 games better, but the rest was very close. Its all coming together...

I would bet the farm. I don't understand your fear? On CBS they showed their records before and after Christmas. It was almost identical. There was two years where they were about 4 games better, but the rest was very close. Its all coming together...

It's tougher because of the future schedule and where those opponents stand in the pairwise. The NCHC as a whole hasn't been that good to this point .Not much room for error at all. Obviously the autobid is there for NCHC tourney but as of now Scsu would be the only lock with Umd and UND creeping up. I also think UND will make it in but they can't afford any bad hic ups to grab a at large bid. Go sioux!

It's tougher because of the future schedule and where those opponents stand in the pairwise.

There's the rub. Only one team on their schedule that is firmly in. Both SCSU and UMD are on the road, which would be worth points if they win those games, but it will definitely be a tough row from here on in.

But this team could certainly make some noise in the tourney if Gothberg comes back and nobody else gets hurt. I'm sure Gopher fans do not want to see UND in postseason.

So here's what I see when I look into my crystal ball. Jim's prediction of Pairwise placement before the weekend had the Sioux in good shape (about 13) if they were to win 8 of 12 remaining games. They won one this weekend, so 7 to go. Sweep Omaha and Miami at home (4 wins), split with Duluth and St. Cloud on the road (2 wins), and win at least one at home against WMU to close out the regular season. Take it to the bank.

So here's what I see when I look into my crystal ball. Jim's prediction of Pairwise placement before the weekend had the Sioux in good shape (about 13) if they were to win 8 of 12 remaining games. They won one this weekend, so 7 to go. Sweep Omaha and Miami at home (4 wins), split with Duluth and St. Cloud on the road (2 wins), and win at least one at home against WMU to close out the regular season. Take it to the bank.

Four absolutely huge hockey games coming up at the Ralph. Got a weekend off to take a deep breath and heal up some bumps and bruises and then its go time against Omaha.

One thing that has probably saved the season somewhat is the way the team has played on the road in their conference. And for them to make the NCAA tournament and get home ice in the NCHC its got to stay that way. Can't get swept at either SCSU or Duluth.

Four absolutely huge hockey games coming up at the Ralph. Got a weekend off to take a deep breath and heal up some bumps and bruises and then its go time against Omaha.

One thing that has probably saved the season somewhat is the way the team has played on the road in their conference. And for them to make the NCAA tournament and get home ice in the NCHC its got to stay that way. Can't get swept at either SCSU or Duluth.

We can't get swept from here on out, and we have to sweep a couple series.

We can't get swept from here on out, and we have to sweep a couple series.

Getting swept likely means having to win the NCHC to get in. Unless it was your only losses in this ten game stretch.

This is how I see it ending up:

UNO.....Win and a shootout win.....

Miami....Split

Duluth...Split

SCSU....Hope for a split

Western...Sweep

I think its been mentioned already, but this new league is just a different rodeo. I mean in the past you'd have some layups in conference games at the end like an Anchorage, BSU, Tech, or a bad Mankato (they have turned things around lately). They could win their next ten games, they could lose their next ten games, they could split their next ten, and it really wouldn't surprise anybody what happened.

Get the O'donnell (I believe) clip....that one is a beaut. There was also a real bad one early....then the rest of the game the refs were searching for anything that fit one of their definitions.

When did this happen?

Getting swept likely means having to win the NCHC to get in. Unless it was your only losses in this ten game stretch.

This is how I see it ending up:

UNO.....Win and a shootout win.....

Miami....Split

Duluth...Split

SCSU....Hope for a split

Western...Sweep

I think its been mentioned already, but this new league is just a different rodeo. I mean in the past you'd have some layups in conference games at the end like an Anchorage, BSU, Tech, or a bad Mankato (they have turned things around lately). They could win their next ten games, they could lose their next ten games, they could split their next ten, and it really wouldn't surprise anybody what happened.

I would be a little bit concerned about Western Michigan. They seem to have turned things around since they were swept by the Sioux. They have won some big games.

Forget about it I cannot remember. I am also not sure if the penalty was actually on him or if he was simply super pissed....I just remember the replay and we were all blown away by the phantom call.

It was the penalty on Caggulia that O'Donnell was shown yelling at the ref. Not the greatest call by any stretch but Caggulia was holding the D's stick.

It was the penalty on Caggulia that O'Donnell was shown yelling at the ref. Not the greatest call by any stretch but Caggulia was holding the D's stick.

Shouldn't there have been a holding call on the DU guy before Caggs even was on the ice???

Has anyone commented how DU wouldn't show replays of the North Dakota goals? They don't at World Arena either. I think it's bush league. As a hockey fan, I would like to see a replay simply because just seeing the goal initially, it would greatly help process how the play went down in my mind-regardless of which team scores. Am I alone in this complaint?

Has anyone commented how DU wouldn't show replays of the North Dakota goals? They don't at World Arena either. I think it's bush league. As a hockey fan, I would like to see a replay simply because just seeing the goal initially, it would greatly help process how the play went down in my mind-regardless of which team scores. Am I alone in this complaint?

I think it's small minded tactics but I also don't remember if UND shows goals on the score board after an away tally, do you? I know UND replays away goals on the broadcasts and during intermissions even though our fans and organization doesn't have any "class" according to some of the gpl'ers and uscho posters.

I think it's small minded tactics but I also don't remember if UND shows goals on the score board after an away tally, do you? I know UND replays away goals on the broadcasts and during intermissions even though our fans and organization doesn't have any "class" according to some of the gpl'ers and uscho posters.

They did when I was in school. But I graduated in 2009, so things could have changed since then.