SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Olympic Hockey

Ray77

If I was on the team, I would obviously want to win Bronze. As a fan, however, I just don't care all that much. If that's a crime, then I plead guilty as charged.

LOL...so we all wrap ourselves in USA flags and buy TJ Sochi t-shirts after what was essentially a meaningless pool play victory over Russia...and then not bother to watch the bronze medal game at all?

C'mon, Oxbow6, I know you'll be up early Sunday tomorrow morning watching Team USA slug it out against the Finns. Right?

Edited by MafiaMan
  • Upvote 1

LOL...so we all wrap ourselves in USA flags and buy TJ Sochi t-shirts after what was essentially a meaningless pool play victory over Russia...and then not bother to watch the bronze medal game at all?

C'mon, Oxbow6, I know you'll be up early Sunday morning watching Team USA slug it out against the Finns. Right?

No...but I'll be up watching them tomorrow at 9am CT go for the bronze!

We suck at Olympics. ???

This year as a whole the USA didn't do well. Alpine, Snowboarding, Freestyle Skiing, and Speed Skating are events the USA is usually in medal contention.

It will be interesting what happens in 2018 with the NHL. I think without NHL players the USA and Canada will be at a disadvantage compared to the European countries that will bring in players from the pro leagues like the KHL.

C'mon, Oxbow6, I know you'll be up early Sunday morning watching Team USA slug it out against the Finns. Right?

I haven't watched any of the games, so I guess I'll stay consistent about it.

It's kind of like the consolation bracket in the ND State Hockey Tournament; it's just hard to get up for it.

This year as a whole the USA didn't do well. Alpine, Snowboarding, Freestyle Skiing, and Speed Skating are events the USA is usually in medal contention.

It will be interesting what happens in 2018 with the NHL. I think without NHL players the USA and Canada will be at a disadvantage compared to the European countries that will bring in players from the pro leagues like the KHL.

2018 Olympic men's predictions:

Gold: Denmark

Silver: Slovenia

Bronze: Belarus