SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Olympic Hockey

Ray77

Kudos to Finland - this game mattered to Rask, the rest of their players, and their country.

Agree, could tell Finland got back up for this game after a loss to their rival while the U.S. didn't seem to. Seemed like Finland really wanted the medal for their country and laid it on the line today while the U.S. may have been looking forward to getting back to the NHL and if they got the medal too great if not whatever. Most NHL players probably wouldn't actually say it but the Stanley Cup probably means more to them than the Olympics.

Agree, could tell Finland got back up for this game after a loss to their rival while the U.S. didn't seem to. Seemed like Finland really wanted the medal for their country and laid it on the line today while the U.S. may have been looking forward to getting back to the NHL and if they got the medal too great if not whatever. Most NHL players probably wouldn't actually say it but the Stanley Cup probably means more to them than the Olympics.

Stanley Cup probably means more to them than the Bronze medal game at the Olympics. Not as sure about the Gold. That may depend on the individual.

"I don't know..."

"It started yesterday..."

"We didn't show up..."

"A little bit embarrassed..."

"Once we gave up that first goal, it just kinda deflated..."

"They played like they had somethin' to win and we just kinda shut it down..."

"Kinda disappointing..."

"Wasn't a good effort by us..."

Parise comments.

"They played like they had somethin' to win..."

So did you, Zach.

Kind of wondered if this would be the feeling from team USA going into this game. It would be kind of hard not to as I'm sure they looked forward for 4 years to get another shot at Canada and you lose another 1 goal game and really probably didn't play your best, would be hard to just shake it off and be ready to play again the next day although Finland had to deal with something similar, although not having the 4 years of waiting for the rematch, losing to their biggest rival Sweden.

More quotes from team USA players

Max Pacioretty: 'I'm not proud at all right now. I don't think anyone is. We were playing for a medal and didn't show up.'

Brooks Orpik: 'We talked about it. We wanted this. I don't think that was the issue. We just didn't have it, and they played really well.'

Zach Parise: 'Disappointed. A little embarrassing with what was on the line for is the last two days and not play well.'

Parise: Once Teemu/Jussi had quick-strike goals, 'We started getting frustrated. Maybe that was last night carrying over. I don't know.

Parise: 'We were passive. We had one forechecker at times, let them break out of their zone.' ... Ouch on that one.

Also see Bylsma getting lots of blame which is to be expected. Some questioning why he didn't try to get better matchups and why he didn't have the team ready to go. People looking at the history of his teams just laying down when they get behind as well. I've also seen others questioning if he isn't the coach would Orpik and Martin have made team USA? I don't think Orpik would have but Martin would have had a decent chance still.

Sorry, Sioux fans, but that's textbook POOR leadership.

Put aside the $$$ these guys make, there were a number of guys that wear a C or A for their respective NHL teams but you couldn't find real "captain" anywhere to be found in a USA sweater in the last 90+ minutes of game action.

Parise and Suter were huge disappointments when they abandoned the teams that drafted them in an act of despicable collusion and greed, signing twin contracts worth nearly $200 million with the Minnesota Wild. Parise was one of my favorite players beforte he pulled that classless move. I haven't been able to look at him the same way since.

WTF?

You were trying to insult the original poster (who deserved to be insulted for the comment he made) but instead you just insulted everybody who works at a Hardees. What did Hardees employees ever do to you?

I humbly apologize to anyone to works at Hardee's who may have been offended by my comment. I love the Hot Ham n Cheese.

Put aside the $$$ these guys make, there were a number of guys that wear a C or A for their respective NHL teams but you couldn't find real "captain" anywhere to be found in a USA sweater in the last 90+ minutes of game action.

Herb Brooks must have rolled over in his grave today at that performance. Look at the pride that Selanne had on his face as he skated around with the bronze medal around his neck. I think that was his 3rd bronze to go along with 1 silver, if memory serves me right. THAT is the stuff of legends and national memories. This young USA team should take some notes on his Olympic career.

Parise and Suter were huge disappointments when they abandoned the teams that drafted them in an act of despicable collusion and greed, signing twin contracts worth nearly $200 million with the Minnesota Wild. Parise was one of my favorite players beforte he pulled that classless move. I haven't been able to look at him the same way since.

Collusion? These guys aren't dentists!!