SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Olympic Hockey

Ray77

I wish I had seen that. What a terrible tragedy.

It was very touching what Ivan Tkachenko did for kids, for 4 year donated 10 million rubles for children suffering from serious diseases. The documentary showed one of the girls he helped gave her 500,000 rubles the day he died.

It was very touching what Ivan Tkachenko did for kids, for 4 year donated 10 million rubles for children suffering from serious diseases. The documentary showed one of the girls he helped gave her 500,000 rubles the day he died.

I think only true hockey fans have any real knowledge as to how many countries had players, coaches, and staff on that plane. It was strange not seeing Pavol Demitra out there in the ice this past week in Sochi.

I think only true hockey fans have any real knowledge as to how many countries had players, coaches, and staff on that plane. It was strange not seeing Pavol Demitra out there in the ice this past week in Sochi.

I think you said that the Slovakian team greatly misses Demitra.

Sweden playing really well also ...

This game is so well played I almost can't tell its on the big ice. Most big ice games are interminably slow, because plays take so long to develop. These two teams are closing down time and space so quickly, the game looks like a regular-sheet game.

Oh - and Mike Babcock is a genius. Especially in-game. He makes adjustments based on who's getting it done. Sharp contrast to Bylsma, who failed in that regard (obviously USA players are accountable in that failure too).

Sweden playing really well also ...

This game is so well played I almost can't tell its on the big ice. Most big ice games are interminably slow, because plays take so long to develop. These two teams are closing down time and space so quickly, the game looks like a regular-sheet game.

Oh - and Mike Babcock is a genius. Especially in-game. He makes adjustments based on who's getting it done. Sharp contrast to Bylsma, who failed in that regard (obviously USA players are accountable in that failure too).

Spot on with the coaching assessment.

Run and hide..........I hear DaveK coming!!

How in bloody hell did Babcock lose that ''09 game 7 to Pittsburgh?

Parise and Suter were huge disappointments when they abandoned the teams that drafted them in an act of despicable collusion and greed, signing twin contracts worth nearly $200 million with the Minnesota Wild. Parise was one of my favorite players beforte he pulled that classless move. I haven't been able to look at him the same way since.

Not a fan of Parise this weekend (I know, it's obvious), but he's not the first guy to leave somewhere for more money...or whatever reason, sheesh.

See also: Shaquille O'Neal... Albert Pujols...Robinson Cano...Dwight Howard...Lebron James...Ilya Kovalchuk...Chris Chelios...Wayne Gretzky...Dr J...Mark Messier...Daniel Alfredsson...

Most NHL players probably wouldn't actually say it but the Stanley Cup probably means more to them than the Olympics.

Judging by the looks on the faces of Sweden's NHL-laden roster, it sure looks like this game was more important to them than the Stanley Cup.

Hey, here is 200 million dollars to come back home and live near family and play hockey. NO!!! I love New Jersey. They drafted me and I'll take less money to play here and enjoy driving in Trenton.

It's a business.

And unfortunately, this is the attitude the U.S. players took into the 2014 Olympics. It's just another business trip, we get our big paychecks win or lose, etc. It's almost like they treated the games like regular season NHL games (a couple of losses aren't a big deal). The Olympics are not just another business trip; it is a chance to represent your country on a global stage and it's something a lot of athletes would kill for. If these players are going to treat it as just another business trip, maybe a roster overhaul is in order for 2018 in South Korea.

Hey, here is 200 million dollars to come back home and live near family and play hockey. NO!!! I love New Jersey. They drafted me and I'll take less money to play here and enjoy driving in Trenton.

It's a business.

Actually, it was $98 million...but I get what you're sayin'...

And unfortunately, this is the attitude the U.S. players took into the 2014 Olympics. It's just another business trip, we get our big paychecks win or lose, etc. It's almost like they treated the games like regular season NHL games (a couple of losses aren't a big deal). The Olympics are not just another business trip; it is a chance to represent your country on a global stage and it's something a lot of athletes would kill for. If these players are going to treat it as just another business trip, maybe a roster overhaul is in order for 2018 in South Korea.

FS4L...I don't agree with you often...but when I do, it's with this post.

Canada: "Hardest working team in the tournament. They came together with a purpose."

USA: "We just kinda shut it down."