SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU at the Alerus

bincitysioux

Well, UND doesn't own the Alerus Center, the city does so it is not a valid comparison. So yeah, pretty much a business transaction between NDSU and the Alerus Center. UND doesn't really fit into the equation other than they are the main rent-paying tenant of the building.

And NDSU thought they were the main rent-paying tenant of the FargoDome.

I think it is a little more than purely business. The Alerus could have come up with a lot of reasons not to do this. Do you think Alabama would open up their practice fields to Auburn?

I think the media would put a pretty big negative spin on it if the Alerus turned them down. "Alerus refuses access to NDSU football team". It was build with tax payer dollars so it's their job to take any revenue paying gig they can get to make money. Now they just have to worry about the locker rooms being trashed or ripped off. I hope they asked for a big retainer to cover vandalism and theft.

I think the media would put a pretty big negative spin on it if the Alerus turned them down. "Alerus refuses access to NDSU football team". It was build with tax payer dollars so it's their job to take any revenue paying gig they can get to make money. Now they just have to worry about the locker rooms being trashed or ripped off. I hope they asked for a big retainer to cover vandalism and theft.

USD is coming to town too?

Y'all are gonna have 18-19,000 fans rocking the Alerus on Saturdays?

No, about 13k like your dome did just 4 short years ago. I hope you know when your reign is over and you spew out some 6-5 seasons your fanbase will dwendle down to the numbers in the pre 2010 season. Remember the Babich era, I hope so you are headed that way because God, oops that's GT, Jesus left for Wyoming.

• Upvote 1

If the Ag school would just hold a few fundraising tractor pulls and a threshing show, they could have a IPF too!

I doubt that would be enough.

I see a lot of quilt raffles from the College of Home Economics on the campus of the University of Agriculture and Science.

• Upvote 1

Ha it's the only way you guys will ever see a Championship caliber team in that tin shed :lol:

We saw one in 2001 and 2003 you idiot. You sure as heck won't be practicing at this time of year next year. Have fun in Frisco - hopefully you don't p*ss off the Towson fans so bad they have to send you back in a casket, because you really sound like a first-class guy....

No, about 13k like your dome did just 4 short years ago. I hope you know when your reign is over and you spew out some 6-5 seasons your fanbase will dwendle down to the numbers in the pre 2010 season. Remember the Babich era, I hope so you are headed that way because God, oops that's GT, Jesus left for Wyoming.

The Bison averaged 16k 4 years ago.

What's funny is that in 2002 the difference between attendance at the two schools was 1200.....NDSU 10,620 UND 9488 with exactly 6 games. I wonder if we will see NDSU that low or the gap that small again.

You've moved on to comparing attendance figures since you can't use the "remember when NDSU was 3-8 and turned it around in 3 years" argument. That's funny.

You've moved on to comparing attendance figures since you can't use the "remember when NDSU was 3-8 and turned it around in 3 years" argument. That's funny.

Just looking at the pre Bohl era in attendance, cause that's where you guys could be headed. Scary isn't it.

I'm not wildly shocked that NDSU rented the Alerus for practice. I just thought the timing was interesting given that North Dakota is holding a pretty significant press conference there the same day.

Sadly, it kind of puts things into perspective a little bit as to how much each school is willing to invest in their programs though, don't you think? Does anybody really think that if we were playing in the National Championship 9 days from now and the Alerus was booked that our team would get bussed to the Fargodome for practice? Best case scenario, our players would be in the Hyslop. Worst case scenario, they'd be given shovels and told to clear an area at Memorial. ???

I'm not wildly shocked that NDSU rented the Alerus for practice. I just thought the timing was interesting given that North Dakota is holding a pretty significant press conference there the same day.

Sadly, it kind of puts things into perspective a little bit as to how much each school is willing to invest in their programs though, don't you think? Does anybody really think that if we were playing in the National Championship 9 days from now and the Alerus was booked that our team would get bussed to the Fargodome for practice? Best case scenario, our players would be in the Hyslop. Worst case scenario, they'd be given shovels and told to clear an area at Memorial. ???

Since GT has no power over the Fargodome (owned by the city) the FD might allow UND to practice for a small fee.