SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU at the Alerus

bincitysioux

UND aspires to be at the lowest point in NDSU's modern history.

How do you figure? Darrell said 13,000. If we averaged that, our building would be full. I think his point is that in a year like 2002 (when we were bad but coming off a Natty) we averaged over 10,000. NDSU wasn't very good then and they averaged about the same. We actually set our attendance record in 2008, when we were nothing great, but coming off some great years.

I think UND aspires to fill the Alerus. If we win, it can happen.

• Upvote 1

Since GT has no power over the Fargodome (owned by the city) the FD might allow UND to practice for a small fee.

It is the same deal with the Alerus. You don't need UND's permission to rent it, and you don't need FU's permission to rent the Fargodome.

My point is that I think it is unlikely that UND would do what NDSU is doing this week. They'd either send them to the Hyslop or send them outside.

who better will there be? UND could win 5 more titles and will be very unlikely that any of them would be this good.

Since the 2013 season is over for all but 2 teams it's NDSU, after that we will see. Remember you are NDSU not Alabama (or should I say Florida State).

It is the same deal with the Alerus. You don't need UND's permission to rent it, and you don't need FU's permission to rent the Fargodome.

My point is that I think it is unlikely that UND would do what NDSU is doing this week. They'd either send them to the Hyslop or send them outside.

UND would probably get the city to plow Memorial Stadium or the grass field south of it next to the tracks. But if they asked the FD I am sure they would oblige unless it was booked.

who better will there be? UND could win 5 more titles and will be very unlikely that any of them would be this good.

Ok, Nostrodamus.......................

NDSU is very good. Extremely good. Great. I agree.

However, I'm not ready to push for the elimination of college football simply because nobody could ever possibly do better than the 2013 Bison.

However, I'm not ready to push for the elimination of college football simply because nobody could ever possibly do better than the 2013 Bison.

What would he say if Towson were to beat the almighty Bison? Still one game to go.

UND would probably get the city to plow Memorial Stadium or the grass field south of it next to the tracks. But if they asked the FD I am sure they would oblige unless it was booked.

What I'm saying is, that I don't think North Dakota would ask the Fargodome.

I could book the Fargodome if I had enough coin.

C'mon, bincitysioux, you can't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat with you experience. Everyone knows that.

It's like football recruiting... NDSU will never lose out on a recruit that they want. Ever.

At least NDSU's players will know that they are the best team that will ever set foot in the Alerus center.

Yes, after the mighty Bizen take a bus up to Grand Forks they should just tear down the Alerus center. Because UND, Montana, Montana State, Eastern Washington will never produce a football team that is on the same level as this group.

I'm hoping the Bizen win in Frisco though, good luck to a darn good team.

What I'm saying is, that I don't think North Dakota would ask the Fargodome.

I could book the Fargodome if I had enough coin.

That's right, UND would never spend any extra money on the football program. Unless you count the $20+ million that they are spending on a new indoor practice facility. But that couple of thousand dollars it would cost to rent an outside facility would be out of the question. :whistling:

That's right, UND would never spend any extra money on the football program. Unless you count the $20+ million that they are spending on a new indoor practice facility. But that couple of thousand dollars it would cost to rent an outside facility would be out of the question. :whistling:

Shouldn't need to once the IPF is done. ;)

That's right, UND would never spend any extra money on the football program. Unless you count the $20+ million that they are spending on a new indoor practice facility.

Simmer....................

............that couple of thousand dollars it would cost to rent an outside facility would be out of the question.

Agree.

Simmer....................

Agree.

UND pays for a certain number of days at the Alerus Center every year. Some years they have paid for extra days to practice inside because of the weather. For instance, I believe that they paid for extra practice days last spring when the weather was bad for spring ball. So why wouldn't they do the same if they were in a situation like NDSUAAS finds itself this week?

UND pays for a certain number of days at the Alerus Center every year. Some years they have paid for extra days to practice inside because of the weather. For instance, I believe that they paid for extra practice days last spring when the weather was bad for spring ball. So why wouldn't they do the same if they were in a situation like NDSUAAS finds itself this week?

I'm saying I don't think it is likely that North Dakota would rent the Fargodome and bus the team there for practice if the Alerus was previously booked for those dates. They'd maybe make that effort for hockey, but not for football IMO. FU treats football like we treat hockey.

I'm saying I don't think it is likely that North Dakota would rent the Fargodome and bus the team there for practice if the Alerus was previously booked for those dates. They'd maybe make that effort for hockey, but not for football IMO. FU treats football like we treat hockey.

And I'm saying that UND is willing to spend money to rent the Alerus extra days for spring ball, so I'm pretty sure that they would spend the relatively small amount of money to rent the Fargodome and use a couple of UND buses to transport the team a couple of times to practice for a National Championship game.

That's 100% correct.