SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba's Staff: Who's it gonna be?.......and when?

Siouxperfan777

Per an SFI tweet, it appears Schmidt will be responsible for recruiting ND. According to a Forum article today, Hedberg will recruit ND for NDSU. Should be interesting.

I guess putting Hedberg in charge of ND means he won't have any of his recruits that need be picked up from the airport. Probably a good move given his shenanigans at St. Cloud.

Well of course you don't think he was the right choice. You are a Bison fan. Should we really care what you think? Bubba will be competing with NDSU for ND kids. And guess what, he is gonna get kids that NDSU wanted!!

Many folks on here questioned Bubba as a choice, at least considering how long the process took. I don't know what to think of him. NDSU was so head and shoulders above everyone this year that I don't know if I should even hold that second half of the SIU game against him where NDSU literally could do as they chose.

He will probably get some kids NDSU wants. Some kids want different things(playing time, majors, etc).

Of course he will get kids NDSU wanted! Now that Bohl is gone and has taken nearly the entire staff along with some of Moo U's recruits, they will not enjoy the success they have over the past 3 years. Bohl should really send a check to Tim Brewster thanking him for 3 championships.

Is NDSU going to be as good as we have been the past few years? Probably not. If we were...we'd win the title every year. Unlikely. Bohl shouldn't give anything to Timmy....those Minnesota kids that Timmy missed out on also were missed out on by all the B1G schools. If Bohl wants to write a check to anyone it should be to Gene for giving him the keys to a program ready to help him make a name for himself.

Of course he will get kids NDSU wanted! Now that Bohl is gone and has taken nearly the entire staff along with some of Moo U's recruits, they will not enjoy the success they have over the past 3 years. Bohl should really send a check to Tim Brewster thanking him for 3 championships.

There were a handful of those kids NDSU got that would not have qualified immediately at UM which is why they were overlooked. In at least one or two cases, they weren't even eligible at NDSU but were allowed to come in and work on their grades. Schools like NDSU and UND can take a chance on talented kids like that, schools like UM can find kids with similar athletic abilities outside the immediate region that are eligible immediately. When the kids pan out, it can end up being a big boost for the local smaller schools as NDSU has shown the last few years.

So Brooks Bollinger was going to be a great draw as a recruiter because he was a local product that played in the NFL, but Hedberg (who was also an NFL qb) is not?

I am not sure how many 18 year olds know or have heard about Hedberg who played one year in the NFL in 1977. I would guess most of them have watched or definitely heard about Bollinger.

So Brooks Bollinger was going to be a great draw as a recruiter because he was a local product that played in the NFL, but Hedberg (who was also an NFL qb) is not?

I can't speak for brooks as a recruiter but I know first hand how Hedberg is.

I'm assuming Schmidt and Bubba know him (I don't know how), so I'll won't go ahead and assume everything associated with that era of Gopher football is diseased. Excited to find out more coaches.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But if I hear "NoDak Nation", anything "Nation", or any other Brewster-like meaningless raw raw B.S. come out of his mouth, he'll have lost me.

• Upvote 1