SiouxSports.com Forum

Tim Hortons Opens Finally

geaux_sioux

Went there this morning since I've been craving a doughnut for a while and had heard they are better than Krispy Kreme. They are not. They are also apparently not made fresh. What a joke. The hot chocolate and coffee is excellent though. I just don't buy the hype of their baked goods.

That sucks. The ones in Winnipeg are real good. Best glazed doughnut I have ever tasted was from the Big M Bakery in Morris, Manitoba. Their butter tarts also were the best.

Give it time. Nothing is ever all that good when a place first opens. Workers are still learning how to do things, there is usually larger crowds so a rush on food goods, etc.

Give it a month, try it again and reevaluate.

It takes no skill to unpack a frozen doughnut and heat it up in the oven then glaze it. The issue is that they aren't made fresh in house anymore.

Give it time. Nothing is ever all that good when a place first opens. Workers are still learning how to do things, there is usually larger crowds so a rush on food goods, etc.

Give it a month, try it again and reevaluate.

No doubt you'll be able to try the donuts at the Ralph at some point, since they already have a coffee/hot chocolate stand.

Had KK over the Thanksgiving holiday. Drove an extra 10 miles to get 'em hot and fresh (they're packaged and sold at gas stations and grocery stores all over town)…no substitute.

Sad to hear that Tim Horton is not baking everything locally. Were any of their donuts fresh? Do the Canadian locations bake in-store?

Doughnuts are not baked. They are fried.

Doughnuts are not baked. They are fried.

Baked. Fried. Jesus Christ, who cares? This is a sports board. Go change your tampon (or is it a maxipad, minipad, menstrual cup, or liner), and get me a beer (or is it a lager, stout, ale, or porter). You are insane (or is it crazy, loony, retarded, dumb, or annoying). And on your way home from Bed, Bath and Beyond (or is it Linens n' Things, Jo-Ann Fabrics, Kohl's, or TJ Maxx) please swing by the drive-thru and get me some French bakes.

• Upvote 3

Baked. Fried. Jesus Christ, who cares? This is a sports board. Go change your tampon (or is it a maxipad, minipad, menstrual cup, or liner), and get me a beer (or is it a lager, stout, ale, or porter). You are insane (or is it crazy, loony, retarded, dumb, or annoying). And on your way home from Bed, Bath and Beyond (or is it Linens n' Things, Jo-Ann Fabrics, Kohl's, or TJ Maxx) please swing by the drive-thru and get me some French bakes.

Those noises are really driving you insane. Do you always act so irrational when you make an error and are corrected? If it is a sports board why are we talking about Tim Horton's to start with?

Do they have all those companies in az? And are they all accessible from poolside? And what does watch know about a Canadian company down there anyway?

Those noises are really driving you insane. Do you always act so irrational when you make an error and are corrected? If it is a sports board why are we talking about Tim Horton's to start with?

Turns out there is something worse than the online grammar police: the online kitchen patrol. So you know the difference between baking and frying -- hell, you probably know the difference between an oven, a stove, and a range, too -- and you somehow think it necessary to flex your domestic superiority here, of all places...

tumblr_m7j7ol8fcU1raxvr4o1_500_zps0ae9e90e.gif

Turns out there is something worse than the online grammar police: the online kitchen patrol. So you know the difference between baking and frying -- hell, you probably know the difference between an oven, a stove, and a range, too -- and you somehow think it necessary to flex your domestic superiority here, of all places...

tumblr_m7j7ol8fcU1raxvr4o1_500_zps0ae9e90e.gif

Anger management?

Please keep the discussion on topic and not about other posters. Thanks.

Been there three times. These are the problems I've had:

Two incorrect orders

Credit card machine doesn't work

Out of eggs for breakfast

Out of croissants

Slim doughnut selection

1 cash register?!!

Messy tables

The place defiantly isn't anything special but the store fills a void in the gf market so I'll be back.

I think everyone is so used to Hugo's mediocre donuts that they actually believe Tim Horton's to be good, but they're not. If anyone gets to West Fargo, check out Sandy's Donuts.

Sandy's rocks...their donuts are great but their brownies are money!!! I'm going to Timmy's Saturday for a double double and a chocolate frosted. Better be as good as in Winnepeg.

I think everyone is so used to Hugo's mediocre donuts that they actually believe Tim Horton's to be good, but they're not. If anyone gets to West Fargo, check out Sandy's Donuts.

Sandy's are good doughnuts. Give Hugo's a little credit though. Their Persians with cream cheese, german chocolate frosting, or maple frosting are good. Their mocha bars are real good. And for commercial lefse it is easily the best. Most grocery stores though do not make very good doughnuts. The old Chicken Scratch bakery, I think that was it's name in Hillsboro, use to make the best fricking cake doughnuts.