SiouxSports.com Forum

Tim Hortons Opens Finally

geaux_sioux

Had KK over the Thanksgiving holiday. Drove an extra 10 miles to get 'em hot and fresh (they're packaged and sold at gas stations and grocery stores all over town)…no substitute.

Sad to hear that Tim Horton is not baking everything locally. Were any of their donuts fresh? Do the Canadian locations bake in-store?

Yes I live in Winnipeg they do bake in store. Glad to see they are in Grand Forks. My Favorite place to watch a college game.

I'm going to Timmy's Saturday for a double double and a chocolate frosted. Better be as good as in Winnepeg.

Stopped by on way home after the hockey game last night. Got a dozen to go, a small double double and hot chocolate for my girls. Was busy...service was good. Order correct. Donuts were fresh for that time of night. The Canadian maple was awesome. Guy working till was definitely Canadian...no one from the states talks like that. Good first impression.

Side note...ate at Wild Hog before game for 1st time. Service was poor but food was excellent.

Stopped by on way home after the hockey game last night. Got a dozen to go, a small double double and hot chocolate for my girls. Was busy...service was good. Order correct. Donuts were fresh for that time of night. The Canadian maple was awesome. Guy working till was definitely Canadian...no one from the states talks like that. Good first impression.

Side note...ate at Wild Hog before game for 1st time. Service was poor but food was excellent.

That place can be very hit or miss. I have had very good, and very poor service there, same thing with the food.

So was our Tim hortons comparable to others you've had? How do you compare it to Krispy Kreme? Personally I'm a huge donut fan but also a huge snob, after having Krispy Kremes nothing is the same for me.

So was our Tim hortons comparable to others you've had? How do you compare it to Krispy Kreme? Personally I'm a huge donut fan but also a huge snob, after having Krispy Kremes nothing is the same for me.

Comparable...its a Canadian chain so what do you expect! ;). USA>>>>Canada

Chain wise: KK>>DD>>TH

Really? I've always heard that. Tried them at the game Sat.....wasn't real impressed.... didn't even finish them..... too much hype maybe.

Too much not fresh. It makes a difference to have a donut that is not fried in Canada then frozen and shipped and warmed in an ovan. Tim Hortons donuts are all show no go. The hot chocolate on the other hand is delicious.

Hey Goon....off topic, but when are you going to make easy to comment on your blog?

I believe it's easier now, as of right now, I have the Google + commenting system. I had the intense debate, but I tried adding disqus.com but I couldn't figure out how to add to add it my blog... If someone can help me add disqus.com I would add it.

• 4 weeks later...

Dunkin' Donuts coming to MN. Can ND be far behind?

http://www.bringmeth...-duluth-markets

That should be coming back to Minnesota. There use to be a bunch of them up until the 90's. People swear that the have the best coffee. Donuts are ok nothing special. Had some from a place called Dee's in Vegas over Christmas that were really good.

That should be coming back to Minnesota. There use to be a bunch of them up until the 90's. People swear that the have the best coffee. Donuts are ok nothing special. Had some from a place called Dee's in Vegas over Christmas that were really good.

Bemidji used to have a Dunkin Donuts and it's was close.

That should be coming back to Minnesota. There use to be a bunch of them up until the 90's. People swear that the have the best coffee. Donuts are ok nothing special.

Their coffee is IMO the best you can find in a retail setting.

I don't drink coffee but I have heard a lot of people like you say that it is the best. Lots of people say it blows Starbucks or any them away. So Oxbow you are not alone in your opinion.

I hit Starbucks a few times a week but if DD was in Fargo I'd be going there instead.

Here is one question that has never been raised in the donut debate. What type of donut is better? Cake donuts or raised donuts? I have to go with cake donuts myself.

Hard to beat a hot one from KK and any donut from Sandy's in WF is never a bad choice.