SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ BU - Friday

AZSIOUX

I know its way too early to be talking about next years team but I know we have some guys that are considered to be "highly skilled" but do we have anyone coming in that plays an old school Sioux style of play? Big, physical, not afraid to get in your face and knock you on your ass kinda guys?

I know its way too early to be talking about next years team but I know we have some guys that are considered to be "highly skilled" but do we have anyone coming in that plays an old school Sioux style of play? Big, physical, not afraid to get in your face and knock you on your ass kinda guys?

No, draft/future draft picks only.

In order to build an epic team the objective is not to seek out players who love to win (lots of these type are available and they are mostly soft) but rather select a team comprised of players who have a visceral hatred of losing .... The level of talent needs to be varied (lunch buckets with finesse players) thus reducing systematic weaknesses and coupled with coaches who will sit anyone who holds themselves above full sacrifice - no matter what the circumstances. Crossing our blue line should instill fear in our advisories. We have never followed (playing style) ... We have always dictated terms. This is the North Dakota way .....

Alright.....some thoughts:

~You can't let inconsistent officiating get under your skin. They did a bit tonight.

~Someone not named Rocco has to create chances offensively. Like Murphy, Tambelini, Parks, etc.

~Got pucks to the net, but without bodies there it doesn't matter. I'm a bad goalie, but I could of stopped all those with 65 feet of free vision.

~I think the power play made some strides. Good puck movement, but maybe a little too shy to pull the trigger.

~Clark was alright. Maybe wants the first one back.....others were scrums in front where guys didn't pick guys up.

Tomorrow is another day. Lots of doom and gloom. But I'll still turn on the channel and watch the Sioux tomorrow. And the game after that, and the game after that. :)

Another frustrating and ugly performance tonight. Very frustrated by the hockey east reffing tonight but I guess that is pretty common when we go east. Clark was alright probably should have been better on the 1st goal but I thought the 3rd was the worst with him kicking out a horrible rebound and I hope we see Zane tomorrow night. Right now I am just hoping this team can get healthy and come together a little bit and make a run to get in the tournament again this season. Watching some of the Gopher/Bulldog game tonight there is definitely a huge level of difference between a championship contender like the Gophers and where we are right now.

This team can't score to save their %#$%#% lives! Rocco finally got one after getting what.. about 12 or 14 shots on net? As for ALL the other forwards, they never came close.

This team is going to be an absolute disaster this season, unless something changes drastically, and damn soon too.