SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. DULUTH - Friday

AZSIOUX

Solid win, I was thinking here we go again after UMD tied the game back up. Saunders played well for the most part but you just can't give up the 2 that he did. Rodwell has definitely looked motivated and if he keeps playing like he has he won't see the stands again. Mitch works hard but his lack of speed is just so apparent and I really hope we don't have to rely on him playing for too much longer, wouldn't mind even going with 7 D some of the time. Really don't like seeing Panz in the lineup either he just seems so uncomfortable back in there and slow to the puck and make decisons. I would like to see Zane in the net tonight and Ausmus in for Panz tonight.

You deserve it :lol:

Things haven't gotten any better since you and Wilbur told the '97 team my home address. Was awakened at 3:30am this morning by the sound of a car with Nebraska BLAISER license plates peeling down the street after leaving a flaming bag of pooh on my porch.

Take always from being at the Ralph last night...

Clark was very very good...minus 20+ seconds.

Rodwell played like he doesn't plan on wearing a suit again this year.

UND gets zero momentum with speed heading into the O zone. Terrible transition from D zone thru neutral zone.

Thought Chyzyk was solid w Rocco and Drake. In Hak's system he works in the corners and along walls well.

Parks wrap around goal was how officiating needs to be...just make sure you get it right.

Panz provides that much needed physicality on the blue line.

Can't get a sweep without winning the series opener...good win.

Channeling my inner Wilbur...Stecher a freshman...really?

I agree with a lot of what you said. I too thought Bryn looked ok up on top. Rodwell looked lost for the most part, I'm guessing because he hasn't played much. I think panz should sit tonight for either Thompson or ausmus however. I would like to see more of them. Saunders looked good last night, I wouldn't put both of the goals on him. One time he was way out of position but the D also were caught standing still. I hope Zane plays tonight. It's early, we need to rotate and keep his confidence high.

One last tidbit, both ladue and Johnson are great. I'm excited for them. They are going to be great here.

We need the win tonight.

thoughts need another good game tonight that was an ugly 20 seconds in the third clarkie was great through schmaltz has really stepped up like someone said on the chat i love when our defenseman chip in and are scoring rocco is playing lights out he will continue to get better and when he gains size and some more strength whoa look out u won't catch him

Is Thompson that far behind that panz plays over him? Panz doesn't bring much if at all. How many scratches is that now? I know its tough but if ausmus sits here and there and keaton still can't crack it does it become a issue? Just curious if some of the insiders have a guess. Isn't Mantha also coming in next year along with the older kid that just signed?

On another note schmaltz is showing some big time skill the last few weeks. Making plays, very confident pinching in with the puck and showing a nice shot!

Does anyone know a brother duo out there or in the past that were both first round picks? The odds on that have to be enormous

Is Thompson that far behind that panz plays over him? Panz doesn't bring much if at all. How many scratches is that now? I know its tough but if ausmus sits here and there and keaton still can't crack it does it become a issue? Just curious if some of the insiders have a guess. Isn't Mantha also coming in next year along with the older kid that just signed?

The older kid that just committed is not coming next year. Tucker Poolman is coming. Mantha is probably a maybe at this point.

At some point, Keaton has to get in the lineup. Hopefully we can see him in some of the non-conference games and see where he's at. But at this point all accounts are that he's not ready yet for a regular lineup spot.

And to be honest, I was surprised to see Panz back in last night.

The older kid that just committed is not coming next year. Tucker Poolman is coming. Mantha is probably a maybe at this point.

At some point, Keaton has to get in the lineup. Hopefully we can see him in some of the non-conference games and see where he's at. But at this point all accounts are that he's not ready yet for a regular lineup spot.

And to be honest, I was surprised to see Panz back in last night.

Very suprised he's not ready if that's the case. Ausmus brings much more than panz.

Forgot about poolman, he's just tearing up the ushl right now. Would Mantha wait another year? Thought he was pretty big time talent. Thanks again!

On another note schmaltz is showing some big time skill the last few weeks. Making plays, very confident pinching in with the puck and showing a nice shot!

Does anyone know a brother duo out there or in the past that were both first round picks? The odds on that have to be enormous

The Lindros bros come to mind

Very suprised he's not ready if that's the case. Ausmus brings much more than panz.

Forgot about poolman, he's just tearing up the ushl right now. Would Mantha wait another year? Thought he was pretty big time talent. Thanks again!

When Mantha committed he was a 2014 or 2015 guy. If he gets drafted super high, which I doubt because he's currently projected as a mid round pick and his style of defensemen doesn't typically go high, then I could see him coming in, or if Schmaltz signs after this year, which I also don't see happening. 2015 is a better time for him to come in based on who likely will be leaving.

I've only seen Mantha play once and it was at that All American Prospects game, so it's hard for me to judge his readiness to come in and get in the lineup. If he's not going to crack it, he should stay at SIoux City. Granted, I also thought Keaton should have played another year of juniors as he really seemed to struggle down the stretch last season and at the world jr evaluation camp. I also like Ausmus better than Panz. He had a tough game last Saturday in Omaha, so Panz was able to get in and apparently played well, but all I remembered was him taking a dumb penalty.

Take always from being at the Ralph last night...

UND gets zero momentum with speed heading into the O zone. Terrible transition from D zone thru neutral zone.

I know it's early, but I don't think this team can go deep into NCAAs playing a chip-it-off-the-glass breakout. They have too much quickness and not enough muscle for that scheme. I suppose Hak is just training them to take care of the puck and keep it on the perimeter and will open things up after they have learned those habits, but they will have to utilize the middle of the ice and make their passing decisions quicker to beat good teams.

I know it's early, but I don't think this team can go deep into NCAAs playing a chip-it-off-the-glass breakout. They have too much quickness and not enough muscle for that scheme. I suppose Hak is just training them to take care of the puck and keep it on the perimeter and will open things up after they have learned those habits, but they will have to utilize the middle of the ice and make their passing decisions quicker to beat good teams.

Actually I would like to see a lot more chips of the glass than they have been doing so far this season. Granted I am probably talking about a different kind of "chip of the glass" than the kind your are talking about here. None the less, I just wanted to mention it The 2011 team made a living off the little bank-shot passes through the neutral zone and into the zone. I would really like to see more of that this year.

Actually I would like to see a lot more chips of the glass than they have been doing so far this season. Granted I am probably talking about a different kind of "chip of the glass" than the kind your are talking about here. None the less, I just wanted to mention it The 2011 team made a living off the little bank-shot passes through the neutral zone and into the zone. I would really like to see more of that this year.

I think you're right--not the best choice of words. I'm talking about their repeated attempts to chip it up to a covered winger who is stationary along the boards.

And Aaron Schweitzer left the country because of it.....sad.....

Okay...I gotta ask....what is it that you guys are alluding to regarding that loss? I remember the highly favored Sioux losing to Michigan in Michgan in the NCAA's , but I don't remember the particulars.

Okay...I gotta ask....what is it that you guys are alluding to regarding that loss? I remember the highly favored Sioux losing to Michigan in Michgan in the NCAA's , but I don't remember the particulars.

Come to the Hoggsbreath next spring and I'll be happy to re-tell the story of my trip to Ann Arbor for the 1998 western regional...and how I am to blame for the Sioux not winning back-to-back national championships.

• Upvote 1

Come to the Hoggsbreath next spring and I'll be happy to re-tell the story of my trip to Ann Arbor for the 1998 western regional...and how I am to blame for the Sioux not winning back-to-back national championships.

Your name goes down in history with Aaron Schneekloth.......too sad......

Red Berenson sent me an e-mail yesterday inviting me back to Yost Arena in December for the 15 year '98 Michigan team reunion.

You going to tell that story where you were up in the Sault Ste Marie, Michigan and mouthed off to the Michigan hockey team?