SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Wisconsin

UND-FB-FAN

Wisconsin and Oregon will be extremely difficult games and if we keep it semi competitive that would be good. Saw last night Montana was getting spanked by 20+ to someone and the game was not complete. Games like these are money for us and easy wins unfortunately for them.

Montana played the Gophers last night. I am pretty sure the Gophers were picked towards the bottom of the Big Ten too.

This team has been together long enough and has enough talent that they should be in almost every game and has the capability to pull off an upset, regardless of opponent. The only two things that worry me are Brekke not being able to play and the lack of experience that may have to be relied upon with the new foul rules.

Screw that. Try and get the win. It's a game that could put us on the map for recruits.

I like that attitude. Seriously.

Win. Screw losing.

I'd hate to think of a locker room atmosphere where the coaches would say,"Oh, just try to stay within 20...let's not get hurt..." What a pansy assed attitude.

This team will treat this matchup like Kansas, just do your best, avoid injuries, and keep within 20.

That is crap that you just made up. Where have you seen anyone remotely related with the program indicate that is even close to their mindset? These guys are fully expecting to go into Madison and knock off the Badgers. Odds are against them, sure, but I'd love to see you tell them that is what they are thinking/hoping to their faces.

• Upvote 3

Screw that. Try and get the win. It's a game that could put us on the map for recruits.

Well of course you go out there and win the game, I just hope they stay within 20 and not lose by 50 which I have seen teams do. We are playing Wisconsin and I don't expect a win just keep it close. It would be huge if we beat them or Oregon or Butler but I am not expecting any miracles.

I like that attitude. Seriously.

Win. Screw losing.

I'd hate to think of a locker room atmosphere where the coaches would say,"Oh, just try to stay within 20...let's not get hurt..." What a pansy assed attitude.

Try looking at the UND football locker room. I know Brian Jones isn't telling his players to not get hurt and stay within 20...I am telling the team to not get hurt and stay within 20. You guys missed my post by a long shot. I hope the team treats this like Kansas (meaning it's a big game, no margin for error or you are going to get killed), so I hope the team does its best (little or no mental mistakes), doesn't get hurt( we need all the guys healthy all year long), and stay within 20 to give us a chance to win.

Try looking at the UND football locker room. I know Brian Jones isn't telling his players to not get hurt and stay within 20...I am telling the team to not get hurt and stay within 20. You guys missed my post by a long shot. I hope the team treats this like Kansas (meaning it's a big game, no margin for error or you are going to get killed), so I hope the team does its best (little or no mental mistakes), doesn't get hurt( we need all the guys healthy all year long), and stay within 20 to give us a chance to win.

In your quote you didn't say it was what you wanted, you said "this team will treat it just like Kansas, just do your best, avoid injuries, and keep within 20". That says that you think the teams mentality is going into the game, not really what you clarified above. And like others, I disagree with that. Even though it is a game against a highly ranked foe, I will be disapointed if they "only" lose by less than 20. I want a win dammit.

• Upvote 2

Oh, I totally understand. But, from a team's perspective I say go for it. They should always have the mindset not to beat a point spread, but to win the game.

In your quote you didn't say it was what you wanted, you said "this team will treat it just like Kansas, just do your best, avoid injuries, and keep within 20". That says that you think the teams mentality is going into the game, not really what you clarified above. And like others, I disagree with that. Even though it is a game against a highly ranked foe, I will be disapointed if they "only" lose by less than 20. I want a win dammit.

Sorry I worded it wrong. I meant to put they will treat (the Wisconsin game) like they did Kansas (big time school, big arena, etc.) and then I added what I wanted. Sorry for the mess up on my part. :blush:

Oh, I totally understand. But, from a team's perspective I say go for it. They should always have the mindset not to beat a point spread, but to win the game.

When they played Kansas they kept it close for a while. So if they can keep it within reach (without bombing 3 pointers all the time) they could go for the upset.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=260210275

Remember this!!

When they played Kansas they kept it close for a while. So if they can keep it within reach (without bombing 3 pointers all the time) they could go for the upset.

http://espn.go.com/n...ameId=260210275

Remember this!!

Gotta have that positive attitude!

(Now, I am envisioning Mussman coming back from his weekend in California to find his stuff packed in boxes and stacked neatly in his parking space with a pink slip taped to the top box. Nothing would make me happier this weekend..)