SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Wisconsin

UND-FB-FAN

A little disappointed with guys like Schuler and Antwii. We'll need them to step up and make some more plays throughout the year if we're going to beat some of the better teams, or if there are injuryies. Hopefully Brekke can get back .... anyone know his status (I haven't followed it closely)? Could still try to get that signature win this year, with Oregon and Butler on the schedule ... Not likely, certainly possible!

Why are you disappointed in Schuler. He played a solid game and is the only player that plays as a team and plays the best defense on this team. He hardly touched the ball and shot 50% when he did shoot the ball. When you have several guys that don't ever pass the ball its hard for guys like Schuler and Antwi to get many touches and especially when they are wide open and no one passes to them to shoot. We scored 85 points and only had like 13 assists.

Why are you disappointed in Schuler. He played a solid game and is the only player that plays as a team and plays the best defense on this team. He hardly touched the ball and shot 50% when he did shoot the ball. When you have several guys that don't ever pass the ball its hard for guys like Schuler and Antwi to get many touches and especially when they are wide open and no one passes to them to shoot. We scored 85 points and only had like 13 assists.

Pretty sure Schuler will be counted on big time on Sunday. You can bet on that

Since we will probably not play too many 7 footers I'd put a physical big guard at the 5 ( Hobaugh and Benton) who will be very physical because

Salmonson and Calcattera is not the answer down low. Our current bigs bring nothing down low except Traylor and he should truly be a 4. Jones and company need to find some solid bigs between now and next year or run a 5 guard offense.

UND couldn't match up with Wisconsin's height, not only Kaminsky but Dekker too. Not sure what you can do besides shake your head when their 7' center shoots 6-6 from 3 point land and their power forward drives, dribbles behind his back to split the defenders and finishes with a dunk. Brekke was missed big time, couldn't prevent them from getting the ball into the post the majority of the time. UND got them to play up and down, just didn't expect them to shoot almost 60% from the field.

Interesting tidbit, from what I can see, Wisconsin hasn't given up 85 points since 2010-2011 (at #1 Ohio St). They haven't given up 85 points at home since 2005-2006 vs EKU (89 in double overtime).

I should re-phrase, I'm not so much dissappointed in Schuler as I would like to see him take a few more shots. I am just hoping that going forward he will be able to take some of the pressure off guys like Huff. Which I'm sure he will, as he won't be matching up against teams like Wisco. Really was a fun game to watch, and very impressive to score that many point on Wisco, and keep it that close when you have the badgers shooting lights out. If they play like that against NDSU, they should be able to take care of business, but it will still be a tought game. Can't wait!

I liked what I saw from the team. Not much defense played though. I understand it is hard to guard a 7 footer that is knocking down threes, but he and others were left wide open on the perimeter far too often. This was a winnable game, that got away in the 2nd half.

It did show me that there are bright things to come this season as far as I can tell. We will be a tough match up for most of the teams at our level.

• Upvote 1

Anyone know Hookers minutes compared to Webbs? It felt like Hooker was out there more but I could very well be wrong.

Webb played last night? Could've fooled me.....

Hooker looked good for a freshman. Excited to see him grow as a player over the next 4 years.

Anyone know Hookers minutes compared to Webbs? It felt like Hooker was out there more but I could very well be wrong.

Box score said Webb for 18 and Hooker for 24. Hooker exceeded my expectations last night, he is going to be fun to watch. Didn't think that Webb played that many minutes last night, didn't seem like he was out there as much.

I should re-phrase, I'm not so much dissappointed in Schuler as I would like to see him take a few more shots. I am just hoping that going forward he will be able to take some of the pressure off guys like Huff. Which I'm sure he will, as he won't be matching up against teams like Wisco. Really was a fun game to watch, and very impressive to score that many point on Wisco, and keep it that close when you have the badgers shooting lights out. If they play like that against NDSU, they should be able to take care of business, but it will still be a tought game. Can't wait!

The issue with Schuler and Antwi is they run down into their corners and stand and what's suppose to happen is the guards are suppose to penetrate and draw Schuler's or Antwi's man in and then a dish from the guards to a wide open wing. That rarely happens cause when the guards drive they shoot regardless how many guys are on them. Its been that way for 3 years and its probably not going to change. Wings like Schuler and Antwi rarely touch the ball and very difficult for them to score. When they do they can each put up big numbers as proven in the past. Schuler if he is not scoring is our best defender by far and moves the ball to the open man. Webb is the one so far this year that has been non-existant for some reason. His shots last night were very poor shots and he just looks out of it right now for some reason. Hopefully he will get things going cause we do truly need his experience. Heard the reason for the starting lineup last night was because the team that started has been destroying the regular starters in practice over and over. Like what Jones did if that is the case so to wake up the regular starters that you've got to come to practice everyday to work hard.

• 4 months later...